Being Human Page 14

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• localnotail 20 Feb 2012 00:42:22 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Improving again. Good stuff.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• mAc6 20 Feb 2012 02:11:35 695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    i actually prefer Being Human
  • Scimarad 20 Feb 2012 07:47:24 8,549 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really enjoying the current series. I hate to commit some kind of heresy but I was totally sick of George and Mitchell anyway. I actually prefer the new characters.

I loved Mark Williams' Tyrell Tshirt; I almost bought that a while ago but I went for the Weyland Yutani instead:)
  • billythekid 20 Feb 2012 11:21:47 11,138 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "I like your tights, you look like a bee and I like bees."
  • munki83 20 Feb 2012 12:14:04 1,432 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    I loved Mark Williams' Tyrell Tshirt; I almost bought that a while ago but I went for the Weyland Yutani instead:)
    I've had my eye on that tshirt for a while as well :D.

I think this series is starting to find its stride now that tehy ahd to do a few awkward episodes of getting rid of old characters an getting new ones in.
  • Madder-Max 20 Feb 2012 12:38:23 11,656 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Toms character is just amazing. brilliant actor and you can see he is working his bollocks off to carry the role.

the main character was always Annie too. will miss george but Mitchell became a wet end in the ....um.....end

99 problems and being ginger is one

• HoriZon 20 Feb 2012 15:15:31 13,546 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Who was the ghost at the end looked familiar??

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• nickthegun 20 Feb 2012 15:32:24 59,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's been in quite a few sitcoms and seems to do loads of voice overs for adverts.

Dont know his name but he is a total 'oh, its that guy'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• localnotail 20 Feb 2012 15:43:02 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    James Lance - you may remember him from such roles as Ben (Travelodge assistant) in I'm Alan Partridge, and one of the teachers in, erm, (post-Egg) Teachers.

• HoriZon 20 Feb 2012 15:48:36 13,546 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's it thanks Local :)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• mal 20 Feb 2012 19:33:47 22,560 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just iPlayered ep 3. Another good one, seemingly back into its old habits of effortlessly carrying a story arc while having entertainingly self-contained episodes, so you're never quite sure who's arc and who's episode.

To be honest, apart from Mitchell at times, Annie had become the most annoying character for me, but at least this ep and last she's shown some balls and become quite entertaining again.

They've got a very good team of writers on this series. I can rarely tell who's written what unlike other shows that are written this way. I suspect Toby Whithouse works quite closely with the other writers so that arc stuff is well integrated into the stories.

Also, according to the credits, James Lance's character next week is called Kirby!

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Triggerhappytel 23 Feb 2012 22:43:01 2,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not sure about the new series yet, but that latest episode was a big improvement on the previous two. The Hal/vamp guy plotline was waaaaay too similar to Mitchell & Herrick though, so I'm glad they quickly resolved that, and it looks like Tom and Hal might have some fun interactions which give the series a more lighthearted feel. That's one of the things BH has always done well; good character interaction and good scripts.

Not really feeling the 'war child' plotline yet though, and the Old Ones seem really shit. Will Barry be their first stop off when they hit the UK - rather than, say, London or Southampton? I'm guessing the Nemesis is the blonde girl from the future, who it seemed to be suggesting was Eve grown up but I'm guessing it's more complex than that.

I wish Annie would toughen up a bit though. She was good for a while in series 1 and 2, but in series 3 she was just this fucking whiney muse for Mitchell (considering he said she was "The love of [my] life", they had the coldest, most awkward relationship ever), although she seems a bit better now. I think they should have run with the idea that she was the powerful one in the house protecting the others, because otherwise their staying put in this house where just about every fucking vamp in the country knows they're there makes no goddamn sense - especially when they're apparently protecting the baby too.

Glad to see James Lance come into it too. I was worried for a while that there might be a British sitcom he wasn't going to have a part in.
  • munki83 26 Feb 2012 22:22:14 1,432 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty decent episode but it seemed like a 30 minute episode stretched to an hour
  • mal 27 Feb 2012 20:26:44 22,560 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, not bad. A bit fillerish, but I can forgive that. Also, evil Annie was ace.

• Ged42 5 Mar 2012 22:27:46 7,732 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good episode this week, Adam seemed less of a twat this time. Interesting to see that there are more than just the main three types of erm, 'being' in the Being Human world

Also the line at the end where Annie talks about enjoying killing, I wonder if she is becoming a wraith or some other more powerful form of ghost.
  • mal 5 Mar 2012 22:47:02 22,560 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, this weeks ep was one of the stronger ones so far, I thought, especially as a self-contained story.

You may be right about the ending. The series writer usually puts in a bit at the end, and there wasn't any obvious coda this time round so perhaps it was that.

• Ged42 11 Mar 2012 22:13:54 7,732 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well that explains the growler :'D
  • Scimarad 11 Mar 2012 22:17:32 8,549 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There have been some really good supporting characters passing through in this series. Aside from the patchy first ep I've been enjoying this more than ever.
  • MightyMouse 12 Mar 2012 01:24:34 1,133 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    There have been some really good supporting characters passing through in this series. Aside from the patchy first ep I've been enjoying this more than ever.
    Same here, it almost seems a shame that they have to have an overarching storyline as they're always the weakest part.
  • localnotail 18 Mar 2012 22:06:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oooooooooooooh! Terribly exciting! And Mark Gatiss as lead baddie for the finale!

They've done really well with this series I think, despite major crew changes.

• mal 19 Mar 2012 20:18:16 22,560 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are they angling for an all new crew what with the new Annie this episode?

Either way, the series arc is now starting to coalesce in a most pleasing way. Hope the final episode is as good.

• Madder-Max 19 Mar 2012 20:26:44 11,656 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its the best thing on TV right now. did Tom Kill Hal? Was that enough to stop the ting

99 problems and being ginger is one

• nickthegun 19 Mar 2012 20:37:55 59,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its absolutely nailed on that he jumped over hal and went for cutler. It was kind of, sort of implied earlier in the program that he could influence what he did when he was transformed.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Jmek 19 Mar 2012 21:57:36 1,328 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just watched "Puppy Love" on i player. The first stinker of this series. So far I've really been enjoying the show, which has managed to get over loosing 3 main characters admirably, but that was just plain awful.
  • localnotail 19 Mar 2012 22:17:09 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aw, it wasn't so bad. The quiet before the storm.

• BinaryBob101 20 Mar 2012 22:28:56 22,973 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So much better than last week's episode, which I can't remember a thing about, but became so bored we almost switched off.

Cutler is bloody awesome, I really hope he doesn't get killed off.

The Grumpy Vaper

• BinaryBob101 20 Mar 2012 22:30:09 22,973 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh, almost forgot why I came in here anyway!

Bit of a prequel with Milo and Snow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0JCmtAkfo&feature=youtu.be

Gatiss is almost as cool on Being Human as he was on Only Connect last night.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 22:31:32 20-03-2012

The Grumpy Vaper

• Page

of 17 First / Last