Being Human Page 13

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• nickthegun 5 Feb 2012 20:09:45 59,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Read a load of previews about this series and if it delivers on its promises, its going to be epic.

Except I cant get on board with the new werewolves eyebrows.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• localnotail 5 Feb 2012 20:19:40 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have no expectations about this one, although it will be nice to be free of Mitchell's emo whining :-P

Sunday nights in the winter feel right with Being Human though, so I hope it's good.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• munki83 5 Feb 2012 20:42:28 1,412 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I have no expectations about this one, although it will be nice to be free of Mitchell's emo whining :-P

Sunday nights in the winter feel right with Being Human though, so I hope it's good.
    Totally agree with you. I hope this series is as good as the last and has well rounded characters that you can like and dislike at the same time. Towards the end of series 3 I really didn't like Mitchel but in a good way...
  • robthehermit 5 Feb 2012 21:00:10 4,039 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    US Netflix has the US version of Being Human.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• spamdangled 5 Feb 2012 21:05:58 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What was with that opening scene? Are we in for a load of time travel bollocks?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• munki83 5 Feb 2012 22:01:09 1,412 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Terminator ?????
  • localnotail 5 Feb 2012 22:01:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :eek: ok...

I do like not knowing what's going on.

Bye George. I knew they couldn't afford your wage for much longer

• justanotherdave_ 5 Feb 2012 22:08:36 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    totally missed that there was a new series starting. will iplayer this after top gear, one of the best shows thats come out of the bbc in a long time.
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Feb 2012 22:16:09 8,946 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good as ever. Brilliant show.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2012 10:50:06 59,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was expecting her to be called Nina, tbh.

• Popzeus 10 Feb 2012 10:55:13 8,300 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wasn't particularly looking forward to it given all the personnel changes, but I think this new epic direction is exactly what it needed. The writing in that episode was superb.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2012 11:06:05 59,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, its pretty bold for saying it was threes company with vampires (which is doing it down, but you know what I mean).

Every series has ramped it up, which is nice to see.

• mal 10 Feb 2012 11:35:29 22,470 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, just me that found this ep a bit po-faced then? Don't get me wrong, I love an epic, but I think my problem is that I don't actually like any of the characters any more after the last series, and would have preferred something more light-hearted and pantomimey like in the older series to get up to speed. It felt more like the season finale than the opener. Still, as the opener there's plenty of time to add the missing ingredients to the stew in upcoming episodes.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Popzeus 10 Feb 2012 11:38:05 8,300 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Po-faced? Nope, I laughed out loud in places. The new young sarky bad-guy vampire, in particular, was brilliant.

Think it's inevitable that the central characters are going to be in the huff for a couple of episodes given what they've been through, but I expect it'll lighten up again soon enough.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Ged42 12 Feb 2012 23:00:09 7,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A bit cheesy towards the end, but I think the series is working with the new characters, I was worried it would fall apart.
  • munki83 12 Feb 2012 23:03:00 1,412 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not loving this as much as the previous series. Still a great show.
  • kentmonkey 12 Feb 2012 23:11:17 20,598 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's working for some and not for others. For me...it's not working. I can watch it, but I don't look forward to the episode starting like I have done for all the series' before.
  • localnotail 13 Feb 2012 11:29:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't know you were called Georgina? ;)

I'm trying to give it a while to settle before I pass judgement. Hal has some nice OCD nihilist tendencies that may make things interesting. Tom's manner and accent keeps reminding me of Kelly from Misfits, I am half-expecting her to turn up as a long lost sister.

• nickthegun 13 Feb 2012 11:31:33 59,520 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume you know but, they are brother and sister irl and he's got the same accent I had before I moved dahn sarf. Proper derbyshire. My mrs thought it was hilarious as we had the same conversation as him and annie.

Cut glass accent teaching me to speak proper, me duck.

Edited by nickthegun at 11:33:11 13-02-2012

• ScoutTech 13 Feb 2012 11:34:24 2,423 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I didn't know you were called Georgina? ;)

I'm trying to give it a while to settle before I pass judgement. Hal has some nice OCD nihilist tendencies that may make things interesting. Tom's manner and accent keeps reminding me of Kelly from Misfits, I am half-expecting her to turn up as a long lost sister.
    Thank you! It's been bugging me who his voice reminded me of. Now I can rest easily.
  • localnotail 13 Feb 2012 11:50:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I assume you know but, they are brother and sister irl
    I did not, that makes a lot of sense, ta duck.

edit: So bleeding obvious, even without the surname

Edited by localnotail at 11:54:35 13-02-2012

• Deleted user 13 February 2012 11:53:52
    I didn't really like it, i don't think this will hold up well for me, I liked the character mitchell and his relationship with Herrick, and all the darkness and torment he bought in. I can't see this going anywhere for me without the main guys it's like a new show that has to prove and establish itself now.
  • billythekid 13 Feb 2012 12:03:01 11,109 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AnotherIdiot wrote:
    I didn't really like it, i don't think this will hold up well for me, I liked the character mitchell and his relationship with Herrick, and all the darkness and torment he bought in. I can't see this going anywhere for me without the main guys it's like a new show that has to prove and establish itself now.
    Pretty much my feelings towards the show too. Glad Nina's gone though, couldn't stand her.
  • Chopsen 13 Feb 2012 12:14:23 15,885 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite liked it. I really went off Being Human during the last series - seemed to have lost all direction and there didn't seem to be any sense of what to do with the characters. This is nearly a mini-reboot by the looks of things, and I think it needed it.
  • munki83 13 Feb 2012 12:37:21 1,412 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    AnotherIdiot wrote:
    Pretty much my feelings towards the show too. Glad Nina's gone though, couldn't stand her.
    There is a lot of Nina hate in my house. She was especially annoying in series 3 going about like some sort of moaning goblin.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 17 Feb 2012 15:27:44 600 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I quite liked Nina.

Socha does seem a bit more Feral than Tovey...

Got distracted and now my original point is lost... ooh shiny
  • mal 18 Feb 2012 02:02:28 22,470 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Personally I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first one, but AIs observation that it needs to prove itself again is true enough. Personally I enjoyed Mitchell's character up until the third series, and Nina was the main thing that made George interesting. We shall see, but I did find that last episode very watchable, so here's hoping.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 17 First / Last