LAN Party games?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • korky 18 Feb 2008 14:06:55 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any recommendations beyond the obvious Halo 3 and GoW?

MUST support split-screen system link which is increasingly hard to come by :(

We typically have 10-12 of us with 5 or 6 360s - which means we need games that support 2 or more per box. Currently we just have to play Halo3 most of the time but GoW when we drop to 8 players.

Anything else? Does "The Club" support split-screen syslink? It's hard to find out!

Shame PGR3/4 dropped split-screen system link (it was in PGR2) and tragic that CoD4 doesn't support it.

Cheers...
  • pjmaybe 18 Feb 2008 14:08:52 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PGR4 is the obvious one.

i think Flatout UC does this too.

• Tiger_Walts 18 Feb 2008 14:17:30 16,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PDZ in which the multiplayer was better than the SP campaign.

GRAW and GRAW2

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• PES_Fanboy 18 Feb 2008 14:23:09 15,068 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo and Halo 2.

BC and all that bollocks, but I've never had more fun than playing split screen LANned-up (as my Xbrick was banned from Live :( ) Halo deathmatches.
  • korky 18 Feb 2008 15:21:21 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    PGR4 is the obvious one.

i think Flatout UC does this too.

Does PGR4 definitely work? I know PGR2 did and I know PGR3 didn't so I assumed they'd dropped it in PGR4 too. If it does, PGR4 would be a no-brainer - great break from all the Halo (2 and 3) and GoW...

Cheers for that - and I think Argos have it for 14.99 too...
  • pjmaybe 18 Feb 2008 15:23:11 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm pretty much 100% sure it works but one tip - make absolutely sure EVERYONE has all the same levels of DLC etc, because all versions of PGR (3 or 4) on 360 need to be on the same DLC and same level of updates to work. If not, you just have to play it with your HDs off (which will still work, you'll just end up with everyone's names being something like driver 1, 2 etc)

We fell into this trap at a LAN a while back with PGR3 and I'm pretty sure it's the case for PGR4 too.

• korky 18 Feb 2008 15:44:39 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    I'm pretty much 100% sure it works but one tip - make absolutely sure EVERYONE has all the same levels of DLC etc, because all versions of PGR (3 or 4) on 360 need to be on the same DLC and same level of updates to work. If not, you just have to play it with your HDs off (which will still work, you'll just end up with everyone's names being something like driver 1, 2 etc)

We fell into this trap at a LAN a while back with PGR3 and I'm pretty sure it's the case for PGR4 too.

Cheers PJ I'd written off PGR but that's top news!
    WRT DLC, versions etc - yep, not so bad now on 360s where silver accounts are free but we used to have the same problem with the original xbox; there were only two of us with broadband and XBL and so we always ended up with mixed versions of Midtown3 etc

Thanks!
  • TOOTR 28 Sep 2012 11:15:05 9,533 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    *Massive bump for this*

Really need the EG hivemind advice here please!

Got an annual lads weekend away where there will be a large amount of gaming going on , along with poker, ridiculous amounts of beer, smokes etc

What traditionally happens is we rinse the hell out of PES or FIFA with a side helping of Halo and the occasional XBLA game.

We will have 2 large screens (usually 1 is a projector), 2 Xbox 360's, 8 controllers.

Last year I got 2 copies of Blur - and thought it would be perfect - 8 of us causing havoc 4 per screen. But no. System link only allowed 1 person per console? WTF?

Trying other games showed similar nightmare problems.

So what I'm looking for is a list of recommendations for quality/fun games which can be played Split Screen with 2 Xbox 360's linked up.

Ideally 4 players per screen (i.e a total of 8 playing at a time)
    Or even 2 players per screen (i.e a total of 4 playing at a time).

N.B There is unlikely to be internet where we are going. (yes...I know...)

PLEASE HELP!

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Fat_Pigeon 28 Sep 2012 11:59:48 9,798 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Halo Is about the only game i can think of Tootr,

Most others are 2 per screen. Minecraft doesn't even support Lan, but does support 8 players. which is a bit shit.
  • kingcrowbar 28 Sep 2012 15:03:28 917 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking here it seems LAN MP is in a pretty poor state especially considering how many games use p2p rather than dedicated servers anyway.

There is no reason stuff like Minecraft and Bomberman couldn't have system link other than to push people on to XBL Gold.
  • TOOTR 28 Sep 2012 17:09:21 9,533 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers guys and thanks for the link KCB !

It's extremely depressing isn't it? :(

Halo and PES/FIFA it is again then!

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Mola_Ram 28 Sep 2012 17:12:08 7,260 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mashed. We always try to play other things, but always deviate to Mashed.
  • alasdairm 28 Sep 2012 19:35:10 155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not a system link game but you would be hard to go wrong with any of the 2d Worms games - 3 of us regularly play this on the couch together and end up in hysterics with some of the kills

a lot of the indie games have system link but you would need an internet connection - little racer street is system link

As you have got Blur - its a pretty good split screen racer and doesn't get too jerky with 4 players / Baja Edge of Control is pretty good split screen too - it has S/L but only 1 per console
    We also play Midnight Club on S/L, but only 1 per console
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next