three beeps on shut down

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • urban 17 Feb 2008 14:31:50 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    for the past couple months my ps3 has shut down in an odd way, it takes roughly 20 seconds longer to shut down and when it does it makes 3 rapid beeps then goes off, as opposed to the quiet usual shut down, its 60gb and i got it 2 weeks after launch, if i took it back to the store they'd obviously just give me a 40gb or argue that they can't take it back...

So my only real choice is sony, seeing as the warranty's coming up soon (march 30th) i figured i better do this soon.

anyone else heard of the three beeps on shutdown?
  • Heitzu 17 Feb 2008 14:36:09 1,160 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It happens to me when a game crashes and I have to press the power button, but otherwise I turn it off with controller and it doesn't beep.

Maybe you have your finger over the button too long or something?
  • Heitzu 17 Feb 2008 14:39:20 1,160 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /\

What he said! :D
  • Heitzu 17 Feb 2008 14:39:21 1,160 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 17 Feb 2008 14:40:53 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aha, I was wondering that myself.
  • urban 17 Feb 2008 14:41:21 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    so basically my ps3 hangs when its shutting down, that's not good.

looks like i'll be sending it back.

because it happens every single time, no matter if i quit from the XMB or in game, has done for months.

can't be a good thing.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 17 Feb 2008 14:43:19 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They have to give you 60GB version, because that's what you paid for.
  • urban 17 Feb 2008 14:50:19 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    it also hangs at a few other menu's like the internet connection check, nothing appears just the rotating circle at the top right hand corner and i have to hard reboot it.

the place i bought it (scottish hydro electric) won't have any 60gb's what am i supposed to do? demand they conjure one?

and no i mean it does it every time... no matter if i shut the console down from the power button or from the controller.

phoned sony and he said format the hdd and if that doesn't work call them back and they'll organise a replacement.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2008 20:35:57
    urban wrote:
    it also hangs at a few other menu's like the internet connection check, nothing appears just the rotating circle at the top right hand corner and i have to hard reboot it.

the place i bought it (scottish hydro electric) won't have any 60gb's what am i supposed to do? demand they conjure one?

and no i mean it does it every time... no matter if i shut the console down from the power button or from the controller.

phoned sony and he said format the hdd and if that doesn't work call them back and they'll organise a replacement.

Personally, i'd try that mate, seems like something's wrong with the HD or a file on the HD, maybe a corrupted file or something?

Don't fret yet, give it a try and if it doesn't work,then try to send it back/get it repaired =)

Keep us informed my friend, i'd like to know more about it (just in case the same happens to me or anyone else,hehehe).
  • murphy245 17 Feb 2008 23:35:05 55 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mine takes longer to shut down that when i first had it but i assume this is becouse i have more stuff on the hardrive.
  • urban 18 Feb 2008 18:43:43 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    damn it.

doesn't look like i'll be getting a new ps3 / refurbished ps3.

Gave the whole system a proper digging format and its working perfectly now :( cunting thing.

the backup features pretty awesome by the way, works a treat.

• urban 21 Feb 2008 17:16:19 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    okay so its doing the three beeps again.

/is on hold with sony uk
  • urban 21 Feb 2008 17:57:46 10,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NatAttack wrote:
    Could be network related? Maybe it's holding on to a connection or whatever. Mine sometimes does the 3 beep thing if the connection has gone weird and I try to turn the console off.

could well be, my ps3 crashes when i try to do a connection test, the little circle at the top hangs and only way i can exit is by turning off the console..sucks.
  • ElNino9 21 Feb 2008 18:01:31 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I must admit my PS3 has been doing the three beeps thing an awful lot recently. I left my PS3 for about 5 hours accidently the other day, when I came back it was making an awful noise. :/

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next