• Page

of 57 First / Last

• King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 15:57:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:
    @Gambit1977

The thig is it stars beeping at you with a little icon on the screen, so you know something is about anyway....

Very very poor decision
    How pointless is that? Ugh.
    Wouldn't be Aliens without that.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 11 Feb 2013 16:04:01 25,410 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm fairly sure the marines don't have to look at the scanner to make it start beeping.
  • Darren 11 Feb 2013 16:20:59 8,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The games sounds like a missed opportunity from what I have been reading but hopefully I will get some enjoyment out of the PC version like I did Duke Nukem Forever, which was shonky on the consoles (screen tearing, dodgy framerate, duff controls) but at least playable on a computer. What a shame though that it didn't turn out to be decent. The licence deserves so much better, especially when other developers such as Bungie have managed to successfully capture some of it in their own Halo games.

Edited by Darren at 16:24:44 11-02-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 11 February 2013 16:22:03
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I'm fairly sure the marines don't have to look at the scanner to make it start beeping.
    Weird I was thinking the exact same thing. They'd still hear the beep of the scanner but would have to look at it to see where the movement was so it doesn't really sound like a terrible idea imo.
  • B0rked_Gamer 11 Feb 2013 16:38:31 2,481 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /Russian accent

When is PC version out?
  • tincanrocket 11 Feb 2013 16:52:48 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    @tincanrocket

Left 4 Dead was a good game though.
    Yeah, it was/is, but it's not really a "proper" zombie game in the purest Romero form, which is why I came away a little disappointed. I can see why they added in the boss-type zombies, for gameplay reasons, but I want a shuffling horde, not running exploding zombies. Same applies to Dead Island. It's just my personal taste, though, and certainly doesn't mean they are bad games (unlike A:CM by the sound of things)

Edited by tincanrocket at 16:53:03 11-02-2013
  • tincanrocket 11 Feb 2013 16:54:01 2,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    /Russian accent

When is PC version out?
    PC version already on many Russian sites, no doubt ;)
  • oceanmotion 11 Feb 2013 16:59:30 15,647 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are Gearbox just lucky with Borderlands or have the worst B team ever or enjoying coke and hookers after each Borderlands release?
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 17:10:09 9,949 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    @tincanrocket

Left 4 Dead was a good game though.
    Yeah, it was/is, but it's not really a "proper" zombie game in the purest Romero form, which is why I came away a little disappointed. I can see why they added in the boss-type zombies, for gameplay reasons, but I want a shuffling horde, not running exploding zombies. Same applies to Dead Island. It's just my personal taste, though, and certainly doesn't mean they are bad games (unlike A:CM by the sound of things)
    Thing is "Romero" zombies were picking up rocks to bash people's head in in the first film, then managed to learn how to fire guns and ride horses in the terrible films he made more recently. Not much point being precious about one person's idea of zombies when he fucks them up so badly himself.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Gruff 11 Feb 2013 17:11:27 2,839 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Are Gearbox just lucky with Borderlands or have the worst B team ever or enjoying coke and hookers after each Borderlands release?
    I think Borderlands was a great idea created by their best team.

From what I have played of A:CM if this is the next best team they are in trouble, having shit out Duke Nukem the only surprise is they were happy to screw up such valuable franchise as Aliens in the same way.

Total and utter waste, how one of those early reviews got a 7.9 I dunno, highest I would give it is a 6 and you can choose any mark below that to match your level of anger and I wouldn't haggle.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• the_dudefather 11 Feb 2013 17:11:43 9,182 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:
    @Gambit1977

The thig is it stars beeping at you with a little icon on the screen, so you know something is about anyway....

Very very poor decision
    How to make an Aliens game

1) Add Alien trumpet noises
    2) Add scanner beep noise
    3) Add pulse rifle noise
    4) I dunno, make an FPS or something

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Gruff 11 Feb 2013 17:19:21 2,839 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are some moments of tension, just the scanner going (though it is pointless after a while) and the scuttling face huggers. Captures the feeling of the Universe.

But the execution of it yeesh! As I have said, its last Gen in places, absolutely no polish (and this turd needed some serious buffing)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• ecureuil 11 Feb 2013 17:21:49 76,487 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    They're good but they have a niche. Like I said a few pages back, they're the wrong developer for this game. It's like asking Namco to make a hardcore driving sim. They excel at arcade racing games but if they tried to compete with Forza and Gran Turismo you know it'd be a bit rubbish. Just because they make good racing games doesn't mean they'd make a great car sim game. And so it goes for Gearbox. Visceral would probably make a great Alien game, I'd like to see them have a crack at it, even if it was Dead Space with xenomorphs.

Edited by ecureuil at 17:22:40 11-02-2013
  • neems 11 Feb 2013 17:25:19 1,148 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was just thinking that about Visceral actually, Dead Space seems to have an appropriate atmosphere for an Aliens game.
  • LetsGo 11 Feb 2013 17:29:26 5,161 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • neilka 11 Feb 2013 17:31:42 15,632 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's doing Ryan Stiles' T-Rex impression from Whose Line Is It Anyway
  • lavalant 11 Feb 2013 17:42:58 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It looks average but I wonder how we'd be reacting if this came out last gen, probably saying it's the best Aliens Game ever?

Good news it'll drop price faster than Duke Nuke which was £9 after a few weeks, I'll pick it up being a huge Aliens fan then, but why can't they just make it like the old Resident Evil games, swap out mansion for spaceship and zombies for Aliens. I'm still holding out for Gearbox making an Aliens Parody DLC for Borderlands 2, do it in association with Sega and get the official stuff.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 17:53:15 9,583 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:
    @Gambit1977

Very very poor decision
    The motion tracker was huge, Hudson couldn't use his gun and hold it, therefore it was a good design decision, but then they ruin it by making it warn you anyway, which seems to negate it. I don't see how that's not Aliens :-/
  • King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 18:05:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't know the science of it, but the "beep beep beep, they're coming" thing was a big part of Aliens tension.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 18:23:58 9,583 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I don't know the science of it, but the "beep beep beep, they're coming" thing was a big part of Aliens tension.
    Trouble is, they've made this more like cod than doom 3, meaning zero tension.

By all accounts anyway :lol: we might love it. Still think my idea a few pages back would've been a much much better game.
  • killersrquiet 11 Feb 2013 18:28:34 1,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:Visceral would probably make a great Alien game, I'd like to see them have a crack at it, even if it was Dead Space with xenomorphs.
    I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. There are elements in Dead Space that are very Alien-esque as it is, and they sure have some talent as far as visuals go.

It would never happen of course though.
    I'll end up getting this turd of a game gruff but only when its in the bargain bin. At least its cheapness matches the low price.

I struggle to see why Sega continue to exist they are so happy to release crap. Should have gone under years ago

A very wasted opportunity.
  • killersrquiet 11 Feb 2013 18:31:55 1,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Most gamers only accept a cod style of game if its actually cod itself.

Brandy titfork must have been talking about another game for all these months. Instead of talking wind maybe he could have looked in on the Devs and done something.
  • ZuluHero 11 Feb 2013 18:35:09 4,019 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This all hangs in the balance with the EG review for me. Itll be interesting what it gets hete...
  • DuaneW 11 Feb 2013 18:38:35 91 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    4/10 in gamestm if anyone is interested! "Fails to capitalise on what the licence promises"

Edited by DuaneW at 18:39:23 11-02-2013
  • ecureuil 11 Feb 2013 18:40:56 76,487 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    This all hangs in the balance with the EG review for me. Itll be interesting what it gets hete...
    They will give it 5 or 6/10.
  • LetsGo 11 Feb 2013 18:44:03 5,161 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    It looks average but I wonder how we'd be reacting if this came out last gen, probably saying it's the best Aliens Game ever?
    What?
  • SlimSpudly87 11 Feb 2013 18:46:08 72 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So I've only played the first ten minutes, here's my opinion so far.

The dialogue is full on cheese, nothing worse than I've heard in any COD game.
    The first time you see a xenomorph should get at least make you jump. The dumbed down sound effects in the background sound like a five year old playing a xylophone.

I'll keep going, I WANT to like this game
  • Page

of 57 First / Last