Probably The Sun.
  • bad09 9 Feb 2013 21:37:29 6,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or FHM
  • Progguitarist 9 Feb 2013 21:38:59 10,533 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually, it has to be Nuts or one of them other shitrags.
  • bad09 9 Feb 2013 21:47:32 6,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just saw the ad. it was gamers bible Zoo :lol:
  • Progguitarist 9 Feb 2013 21:52:52 10,533 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :lol:
  • Deleted user 9 February 2013 21:53:31
    heh
  • Triggerhappytel 9 Feb 2013 22:07:26 2,695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    Just been watching this guys play through
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bKGaOTYGUo (i thought his voice was in game for the first 5 minutes)

Looks not too bad I'm guessing a 7/10, it's a game for Aliens fans, could become repetative, unlike say Aliens Vs Predator which mixed things up, multiplayer could be fun, though I wish they'd just copied the left for dead formula.

Maybe Gearbox can release an Aliens type DLC for Borderlands 2.
    Good video to get a flavour of it, but clearly the guy's not an Aliens fan and that grates the geek within me. He mispronounces Vasquez, Gormon and doesn't know what a Smart Gun is.

It does look like they've nailed the atmosphere and audiovisual side, but I don't actually think the xenos themselves make for the most interesting enemies, so it was always to be an uphill struggle.
  • onestepfromlost 9 Feb 2013 22:21:24 2,117 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    If you watch Aliens I'd say about 90% of its running time has no shooting, no explosions. It's about fear and tension, about facing an enemy you can only hope to keep at bay, not defeat. Remember, half the squad is dead after the first encounter, only one is alive after the second.

I don't think the game should be a pure survival horror, more something like Dead Space or System Shock. A full on FPS is not in keeping with the movie's tone at all.
    Surprisingly, less than 6 minutes account for gunfire according to my calculations. That's approximately 4% of the film. :D
    So more suspense, feat, and despair than AAAAAAH SHOOTY KILL EVERYTHING BANG BANG DIE RAARGH BANG KABOOM! ?
  • EightBitSpirit 10 Feb 2013 07:01:20 5 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Do you want to blast aliens to bits for approx 10-15 hours in a game that looks and sounds like Aliens? If the answer to that is yes then it may be the game for you.

If on the other hand you feel that this is not the "perfect" game that you had been dreaming of playing since 1986 then ... don't buy it and keep dreaming.

Personally I'll be happy with a game that doesn't reinvent the wheel and makes me grin when I hear the nostalgic sounds of a motion scanner blip or a pulse rifle burst. I stood around as a Predator for about an hour doing sweet FA in AvP just playing around with vision modes and the shoulder cannon for gods sake ...
  • Gambit1977 10 Feb 2013 08:08:42 10,384 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EightBitSpirit wrote:
    Do you want to blast aliens to bits for approx 10-15 hours in a game that looks and sounds like Aliens? If the answer to that is yes then it may be the game for you.

If on the other hand you feel that this is not the "perfect" game that you had been dreaming of playing since 1986 then ... don't buy it and keep dreaming.

Personally I'll be happy with a game that doesn't reinvent the wheel and makes me grin when I hear the nostalgic sounds of a motion scanner blip or a pulse rifle burst. I stood around as a Predator for about an hour doing sweet FA in AvP just playing around with vision modes and the shoulder cannon for gods sake ...
    5-7 hours.
    And not so much on the aliens ;-)
  • EightBitSpirit 10 Feb 2013 08:37:07 5 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've played games before that apparently take 5 hours but has taken me 10. I'm pretty slow paced usually and tend not to blast my way through levels. Fairly confident Aliens CM would take me at least 10 :) Plus at least a couple hours on multiplayer until I get bored getting my ass kicked constantly. But hey I could be wrong.

Edited by EightBitSpirit at 08:56:52 10-02-2013
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 09:12:37 2,947 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only managed to the find the time to play the first chapter.

If your expecting Borderlands 2 quality your gonna be disappointed, it certainly wasn't created by that Gearbox team, but by some lesser talented offshoot.

I concur The Aliens animations are not detailed enough and could do with more frames.

But still, based on the limited amount I played a tense atmosphere still exists and it feels like your in the Aliens Universe, so it still has that going for it.

Not played any of the Multiplayer yet, and dependent on how those modes work, this "could" be better with buddies and beers.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 10 February 2013 10:24:34
    I find myself really wanting to get this. Not sure I'll be able to hold off for a couple of months like I was going to.
  • killersrquiet 10 Feb 2013 14:13:13 2,181 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Only managed to the find the time to play the first chapter.

If your expecting Borderlands 2 quality your gonna be disappointed, it certainly wasn't created by that Gearbox team, but by some lesser talented offshoot.

I concur The Aliens animations are not detailed enough and could do with more frames.

But still, based on the limited amount I played a tense atmosphere still exists and it feels like your in the Aliens Universe, so it still has that going for it.

Not played any of the Multiplayer yet, and dependent on how those modes work, this "could" be better with buddies and beers.
    Gruff what's your opinion on the graphics. All the reports so far point to them being some of the worst seen on a console.

Multiplayer isn't locked anymore people on ACM forums have tried it. Try it if you get time
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 14:37:21 2,947 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not gonna give a full opinion till I have played it more (later today).

But worst graphics on the console? Far from it from the limited amount I have seen, having said that given the development time they should have done better.

Maybe if they had spent some of the publicity money on upgrading the graphics that would have been wiser.

I will post fuller opinions later

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• aeschylus 10 Feb 2013 20:15:59 446 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well Tesco have shipped my order, I preordered it months ago when it was £29 so if it is lame, should not lose to much on the resale...

I would advise anyone not to read the neogaf thread, christ it has made me hate the damn game before I have even received it...

To say they are not impressed is an understatement
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 20:30:51 2,947 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Real life intruding, (stupid life) but managed to play another two chapters.

Graphically, not getting much better, if you think of the standard of Operation flashpoint games on the Xbox you are in the same ballpark.

It's basically Doom so far, corridor shooter, graphically average, basic stuff like explosions, character animations and fire look last gen in places, but it does have some nice lighting affects, and the Aliens ambience is good in parts.

Would really need to give the multiplayer a go to totally judge. I will say Gearbox really dropped the ball on this one, it should have been a huge franchise but they have half assed it I'm afraid.

Tried to cover it up with PR spin, should have spent the money on the graphics engine.

One to rent if your really curious.

― Agnes Repplier

• killersrquiet 10 Feb 2013 20:38:30 2,181 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    Well Tesco have shipped my order, I preordered it months ago when it was £29 so if it is lame, should not lose to much on the resale...

I would advise anyone not to read the neogaf thread, christ it has made me hate the damn game before I have even received it...

To say they are not impressed is an understatement
    Curiosity means I will although I'll prepare for a damning review
  • killersrquiet 10 Feb 2013 21:09:11 2,181 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Real life intruding, (stupid life) but managed to play another two chapters.

Graphically, not getting much better, if you think of the standard of Operation flashpoint games on the Xbox you are in the same ballpark.

It's basically Doom so far, corridor shooter, graphically average, basic stuff like explosions, character animations and fire look last gen in places, but it does have some nice lighting affects, and the Aliens ambience is good in parts.

Would really need to give the multiplayer a go to totally judge. I will say Gearbox really dropped the ball on this one, it should have been a huge franchise but they have half assed it I'm afraid.

Tried to cover it up with PR spin, should have spent the money on the graphics engine.

One to rent if your really curious.
    The reviews on Tuesday will be very low. Your take on it sums up what most players have said. Maybe the multiplayer is better. Maybe
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 21:18:15 2,947 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would say a 6/10 maybe as low as a 5 o_O

― Agnes Repplier

• Gearskin 10 Feb 2013 21:18:22 2,084 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played the multiplayer at a few different events and it was fun, I thought. Better than what we got with AvP.
  • killersrquiet 10 Feb 2013 22:15:22 2,181 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    I would say a 6/10 maybe as low as a 5 o_O
    Ouch. And its the basic gameplay mechanics that are screwed. If nothing else that should be part gearbox got right.
  • ubergine 11 Feb 2013 06:20:09 2,860 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From my memory of Randy Pitchford interviews in years gone by, I think the ACM team were taken off it one day to complete Duke Nukem Forever then put back on to ACM.

There's text going around saying ACM was five years in development but its bullshit, because it was put on hold. I only played the demo of DNF but I thought it controlled very poorly on 360, I didn't think you could even fuck up basic control in such an old genre. If the controls in ACM are also off, could be your answer there.

The first ten or fifteen minutes of the original AvP FPS was wonderfully tense first time. The recent AVP was just disappointing.

Were I making an Alien game, I'd randomize their points of entry (for replay) and make it so that only one or two would appear every fifteen minutes. In space, SPACE is a precious resource and you just wouldn't have these huge areas for fighting all the time, it would be claustrophobic and oppressive. The same at a colony on a planet with no atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• DUFFMAN5 11 Feb 2013 06:32:38 15,389 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Such a shame it would see.
    Aliens commodore c64 was were it was at. I used to love it

I would like someone to get hold of The Thing (xbox game) and HD/reimagine it, that although not steller was a good game, tons of atmosphere.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• EightBitSpirit 11 Feb 2013 08:29:27 5 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aliens on the C64 was indeed a classic. The dropship section in particular setting up the atmosphere of the game perfectly.
  • fletch7100 11 Feb 2013 08:40:55 7,446 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Found a review :)

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2013/02/review-aliens-colonial-marines/
  • ZuluHero 11 Feb 2013 08:54:30 4,302 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That site's admin is based in South Africa. The reviewer should have referred to the xenos as "fooking prawns" :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:00:30 11-02-2013
  • TarickStonefire 11 Feb 2013 08:57:51 3,429 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Between this and Rebellion's last, what is so hard about an Aliens game? :(

(I never played the last AvP but I heard it was average - did I mishear?)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Page

of 58 First / Last