The **Official** Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread Page 23

  • Page

    of 58 First / Last

  • Darren 8 Feb 2013 15:58:18 9,262 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From what I've been reading on NeoGAF, I think this game is going to be another Duke Nukem Forever for Gearbox, perhaps not as bad but nevertheless A:CM seems to share a lot of similarites with that game: expectations because of name, delayed, problematic development, hideous screen tearing in console versions, scrappy, unpolished visuals, poor A.I. - at this point I'm really not hopeful.

    I thought 2010's Aliens vs. Predator was a dreadfully disappointing game that impressed only in its DX11 visuals but was otherwise completely forgettable. What was I talking about there...? Oh yes, well, when I heard about Alien: Colonial Marines I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to make a definitive Alien game. I then found out the script would follow on from Alien and be considered canon so who can blame me for having such high expectations, especially after seeing a decent enough looking trailer about a year back.

    I hope I'm wrong but usually when people get games early and start bad-mouthing them then it turns out that they aren't very good. I'm wondering if that is why retailers are taking money for pre-orders early so it is too late for most people to cancel.

    Edited by Darren at 16:00:25 08-02-2013

    PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), 128 GB iPad Air 2, 128 GB iPad mini with Retina Display.

  • Daeltaja 8 Feb 2013 16:01:07 1,247 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's shocking that the same studio produces Borderlands. The differences in quality between BL and everything else they do is quite jarring. Do they have a team of interns working on everything non-BL or something?

    Edited by Daeltaja at 16:12:30 08-02-2013
  • onestepfromlost 8 Feb 2013 16:19:54 2,149 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am so glad i cancelled my preorder :)
  • Gambit1977 8 Feb 2013 16:23:01 10,388 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Picked it up this morning. Can't believe how shit it's turned out. :-\

    :-( ouch!
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 16:27:48 24,350 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure :(

    Damn.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • SBfistfun 8 Feb 2013 16:34:30 144 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everybody who worked on this should be kicked in the balls and sent home for the week.
  • b0rk 8 Feb 2013 16:36:54 3,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SBfistfun wrote:
    Everybody who worked on this should be kicked in the balls and sent home for the week.
    All two of 'em?

    KILL FOR GAIN OR SHOOT TO MAIM \m/

  • kinky_mong 8 Feb 2013 16:51:29 11,321 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    It's shocking that the same studio produces Borderlands. The differences in quality between BL and everything else they do is quite jarring. Do they have a team of interns working on everything non-BL or something?

    Tis a conundrum indeed. Lets face it though, even the first Borderlands game isn't that great. If Gearbox are rated highly then I think they are overrated.
    Wash your mouth out!

    Big shame this has turned out bad, was looking forward to a co-op Aliens game!
  • Progguitarist 8 Feb 2013 19:09:33 10,605 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gearbox, you utter spastics.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 19:18:34
    Yep, evil jerks
  • Clive_Dunn 8 Feb 2013 19:32:05 4,815 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In an alternative universe....

    Gearbox take Sega's cash for A:CM and blow it on Borderlands 1 whilst putting a C team to cobble some shit together to make it look like there is a game somewhere. Sega work this out eventually, sack SOA people responsible and threaten to sue Gearbox before realising the dev contract isn't worth the paper its written on. Gearbox promise to put A team on product and start again from scratch. 2 1/2 years later, Borderlands 2 turns out to be great, and A:CM releases to universal disappointment.

    Of course this didn't happen, it's all conjecture about what might happen in another rebooted timeline. Allegedly.
  • neilka Funniest Forumite, 2014 8 Feb 2013 19:52:29 16,917 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:
    In an alternative universe....

    Gearbox take Sega's cash for A:CM and blow it on Borderlands 1 whilst putting a C team to cobble some shit together to make it look like there is a game somewhere. Sega work this out eventually, sack SOA people responsible and threaten to sue Gearbox before realising the dev contract isn't worth the paper its written on. Gearbox promise to put A team on product and start again from scratch. 2 1/2 years later, Borderlands 2 turns out to be great, and A:CM releases to universal disappointment.

    Of course this didn't happen, it's all conjecture about what might happen in another rebooted timeline. Allegedly.
    Quoted before deletion

    AVOID

  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Feb 2013 20:02:31 5,717 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^ Why ?

    Thought that rumour of siphoning was common knowledge.
  • Gruff 8 Feb 2013 20:25:57 3,031 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Outside Xbox's game of the week, ermmmm, Jane's hot....(Obligatory)

    “It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 20:31:14
    VG247 think it's good

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Gartt 8 Feb 2013 20:31:40 1,883 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got about halfway through playing coop, its a corridor shooter but opens up slightly and gets better after a while. It is ugly as sin, the odd nice lighting effect aside and the screen tearing is very noticeable.
    Im quite enjoying it though for what its worth.
  • b0rk 8 Feb 2013 20:37:55 3,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    VG247 think it's good

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That guy is obviously on crack. It looks fucking abysmal.

    KILL FOR GAIN OR SHOOT TO MAIM \m/

  • Gruff 8 Feb 2013 20:39:07 3,031 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gartt wrote:
    Im quite enjoying it though for what its worth.
    Would that be the £29.99 I paid for it? :)

    It will be fine, COD has been a lump of shit for ages and people still gobble it up and go back for 2nds.

    A:CM will be adequate for my drunken co-op gaming sessions (tm)

    “It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

  • itinkuravinalaff 8 Feb 2013 20:40:46 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think Randy Pitchford needs his bare arse violently SLAPPED!!!
  • onestepfromlost 8 Feb 2013 20:50:29 2,149 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am pretty gutted this looks like its pure shite, ive been really looking forward to this.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Feb 2013 20:53:32 5,717 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    muttler wrote:
    VG247 think it's good

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That guy is obviously on crack. It looks fucking abysmal.
    VG247 have been hyping and building it up for months. It'd be difficult to backtrack now.

    Currently watching a playthrough by this chappy on Youtube.

    His initial enthusiasm lasts all of 30 seconds. Grumbling takes precedent by Pt2. :D
    Nest on the Sulaco ? Pulse Rifles holding 40 rounds only ? It's as if the Aliens franchise has been raped by those inner jaw/mandibles.
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 21:05:00 24,350 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's starting to sound like a servicable FPS game with Aliens fanservice in it. Don't expect Far Cry and it's fine is what i'm reading.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • onestepfromlost 8 Feb 2013 21:06:22 2,149 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    muttler wrote:
    VG247 think it's good

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That guy is obviously on crack. It looks fucking abysmal.
    VG247 have been hyping and building it up for months. It'd be difficult to backtrack now.

    Currently watching a playthrough by this chappy on Youtube.

    His initial enthusiasm lasts all of 30 seconds. Grumbling takes precedent by Pt2. :D
    Nest on the Sulaco ? Pulse Rifles holding 40 rounds only ? It's as if the Aliens franchise has been raped by those inner jaw/mandibles.
    watching the first part of this, now i dont want to spoiler anything but near the end of part 1 he cuts the guy down with his fucking welder, moving it over his arms and legs?? are you kidding me why doesnt it cur his arms and legs off maybe im just being picky
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 21:06:44
    good to hear
  • mikeck 8 Feb 2013 21:22:53 1,936 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet Indeed, it's common knowledge.

    No big secret that Gearbox fucked SEGA over this.
  • Page

    of 58 First / Last

Log in or register to reply