The **Official** Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread Page 52

• Page

of 57 First / Last

• jellyhead 15 Feb 2013 14:50:48 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's all the rage on the front page. Even had a few defenders in the comments. Bloody loonies :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• ricky_uk 16 Feb 2013 00:49:05 212 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bump
  • PenguinJim 16 Feb 2013 03:31:55 5,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    18.85 delivered for the Limited Edition on PC! Buy buy buy!

The comments are really quite amusing, and give some insight into what kind of "gamers" frequent HUKD, IMO. :p
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Feb 2013 12:01:05 1,504 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    my pals who have bought it with a open mind are enjoying it and saying its decent
    the old "open mind" defence,
  • killersrquiet 16 Feb 2013 12:06:05 1,385 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    18.85 delivered for the Limited Edition on PC! Buy buy buy!

The comments are really quite amusing, and give some insight into what kind of "gamers" frequent HUKD, IMO. :p
    Rip off. Its not worth more than 10 it truly is the definition of shit.

Nice to see randy pratford whining like a baby on Twitter and then trying to pass the blame onto the other devs at timegate........ Nice try Sega already confirmed the buck stops with gearbox
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 12:07:20 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    'Shuttering' as opposed to?

Cancellation is a word. So is strategy. Cancellization (with a 'z' if you like) and 'strategery' are not.
    and neither is 'addicting'
  • jellyhead 16 Feb 2013 12:08:02 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm sure some people are enjoying it especially if they went in not expecting much from the game. Good on 'em. Have fun, lads.

It's a clusterfuck of a release and gearbox have been as dodgy as Silicon Knights about the whole development but hopefully a decent game can arise out of this turd after some patching and TLC not DLC.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Fixxxer 16 Feb 2013 12:11:14 1,302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

Cancellation is a word. So is strategy. Cancellization (with a 'z' if you like) and 'strategery' are not.
    Actually it seems like it is. Still hate it though.
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 12:15:21 15,809 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm holding out for the best version (Wii U) the only problem is the Wii U version will cost 49.99 while the Xbox 360 and PS3 games will be around 10.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Triggerhappytel 16 Feb 2013 12:34:47 2,664 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I'm holding out for the best version (Wii U) the only problem is the Wii U version will cost 49.99 while the Xbox 360 and PS3 games will be around 10.
    The best version of a shit game will still be shit.
  • Whizzo 16 Feb 2013 12:46:09 42,757 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Wii U already has the best version, one you can't waste money on because it's not out.

This space left intentionally blank.

• riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 12:49:29 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    riceNpea wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

Actually it seems like it is. Still hate it though.
    i hate it so much that i want to punch through my screen into the corpulent, pockmarked, repugnant approximation of a face of whomever typed it and scream maniacally down his elephantine auditory receptacle, 'ADDICTIVE!!!!!! YOU IGNORANT FUCKING FUCK!!!!! A!!!D!!!D!!!I!!!C!!!T!!!I!!!V!!!E!!!!! ADDICTIVE!!!!!! AAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!'

i must say, it does agitate me somewhat.
  • Triggerhappytel 16 Feb 2013 13:08:52 2,664 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think 'addicting' is a real word. I think it's a bullshit made up Internet Americanism. I bet the OED wouldn't accept it.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 13:09:19 16-02-2013
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 13:22:02 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel

you're right it is, but it's passing over into their mainstream and soon it will spread like a cheap whore buttering a slice of wildfire.

before we know it it will be everywhere like the extremely irritating word 'guys' and there will be no escape. entire civilisations will have to expunged, mankind recapitulated, reproduction controlled, language reconstructed and formulated so that no man or woman can bastardise it again.

only then will we be truly free. innit.
  • DFawkes 16 Feb 2013 13:22:47 22,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I don't think 'addicting' is a real word. I think it's a bullshit made up Internet Americanism. I bet the OED wouldn't accept it.
    It's a real world, but most people use it in places they really mean to use addictive. For example, you'd say horse meat is addictive. It is so tasty, it is addicting a great number of people. As I understand it at least, I'm probably wrong it's MY wrong and I'm sticking with it!

I still fancy this game. Looks a bit broken but if I can get it cheap one day I probably will. Don't think I'm a big enough fan of the series to get the most out of it though.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• lavalant 16 Feb 2013 18:22:05 1,245 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The most unforgivable thing is the whole hype and lies surrounding this game, all the footage and demo's shown isn't from the actual game they were planning to release, and all those bullshit interviews where they sit and lie.

It's difficult to enjoy even with the authentic atmosphere and fan service, because Mercenaries are your biggest enemy, the 2nd and 3rd level in the campaign is ALLLLL FUCKING HUMAN ENEMIES, no Aliens at all!! and this continues throughout the game, 70% Mercs, 30% Aliens..I'm serious! Hadley's hope is by far the best level, it's enjoyable and oozes atmosphere, there's plenty of tension.

I played Alien V Predator 2010 just to compare and the Aliens look and act fucking AMAZING compared to this shite.
  • Red_Dwarf_Posse 16 Feb 2013 18:48:53 10 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I used a pre order Shift code which gives me an Upgraded Gear Boost. Anyone know what this actually is?
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 20:04:49
    @Red_Dwarf_Posse A colossal waste of money...?
  • Whizzo 16 Feb 2013 20:05:17 42,757 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably some extra points for marine weapon or xeno ability unlocks.

This space left intentionally blank.

• chasejamie 17 Feb 2013 09:41:00 805 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've actually been having fun on multiplayer, especially escape mode. Don't shout at me.
  • Korpers 17 Feb 2013 10:27:23 4 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, I've been enjoying it. My expectations were so low that when I finally got around to playing it.......I could see past all the glitchy shittyness and last gen graphics. I'm actually enjoying the story and the suspense!
  • PenguinJim 17 Feb 2013 12:07:42 5,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hudson did it.
  • MrE26 17 Feb 2013 13:05:33 1,906 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even with the lowest expectations i found this to be an absolute shitfest. Ugly, unfinished visuals, a gameworld that doesn't react to your presence at all, enemies that are borderline retarded (when they aren't getting stuck in the scenery), invincible friendly AI that you can actually walk & shoot straight through, coupled to a story that's the worst kind of fan-fiction.

Even if this was patched up & fixed, it'd still be a poor man's Doom 3 at best.
  • ExplodingClown 17 Feb 2013 14:31:51 2 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bearing in mind how shitty the ending of Borderlands was, and how uninspired HL Opposing Force was, and Randy Pitchfraud's lies about DNF and his 'hilarious' comments about the review graphs looking like "a pair of tits", mayhap I got my hopes up too high for A:CM.

The stupidity of the story is what I can't forgive. It's like some desperate orgy of retconning to please the weenies who wanted Alien 3 to be 'moar guns and moar mareens', but too lazy to move the setting on to anywhere like a new location that would require an imagination.

Edited by ExplodingClown at 14:32:23 17-02-2013
  • SomaticSense 17 Feb 2013 15:31:15 7,040 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    The most unforgivable thing is the whole hype and lies surrounding this game, all the footage and demo's shown isn't from the actual game they were planning to release, and all those bullshit interviews where they sit and lie.

It's difficult to enjoy even with the authentic atmosphere and fan service, because Mercenaries are your biggest enemy, the 2nd and 3rd level in the campaign is ALLLLL FUCKING HUMAN ENEMIES, no Aliens at all!! and this continues throughout the game, 70% Mercs, 30% Aliens..I'm serious! Hadley's hope is by far the best level, it's enjoyable and oozes atmosphere, there's plenty of tension.

I played Alien V Predator 2010 just to compare and the Aliens look and act fucking AMAZING compared to this shite.
    Your tune has changed so drastically it's akin to a dubstep dj suddenly going full on classical.

So what exactly has triggered such emotional changes may I ask? Why is the game "shite" all of a sudden?

Edited by SomaticSense at 15:31:45 17-02-2013
  • Deleted user 17 February 2013 15:41:10
    He's right though, the Xenomorphs in AvP2010 move a lot more like actual xenomorphs. Until they get in that locked on hard attack thing where they look like a cutout on a stick.
  • SomaticSense 17 Feb 2013 15:41:23 7,040 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ExplodingClown wrote:
    The stupidity of the story is what I can't forgive. It's like some desperate orgy of retconning to please the weenies who wanted Alien 3 to be 'moar guns and moar mareens', but too lazy to move the setting on to anywhere like a new location that would require an imagination.
    Among everything else, save possibly the E3 lies, the absolutely horrible fan-fic story is the absolute worst thing about the game.

It's a phrase that's bandied around far too often nowadays, but it feels entirely appropriate here. It really is an insult to anyone who previously cared about the franchise. It's the ultimate example of "fuck you all" selfish writing and retconning.
  • Aretak 17 Feb 2013 15:42:00 10,329 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ExplodingClown wrote:
    Bearing in mind how shitty the ending of Borderlands was, and how uninspired HL Opposing Force was, and Randy Pitchfraud's lies about DNF and his 'hilarious' comments about the review graphs looking like "a pair of tits", mayhap I got my hopes up too high for A:CM.
    I think a lot of people were just taking Borderlands into account and forgetting about the rest of Gearbox's catalogue, which is... hit and miss, to say the least. Personally, I didn't even like Borderlands 2 very much.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2013 15:48:54
    SomaticSense wrote:
    ExplodingClown wrote:
    Among everything else, save possibly the E3 lies, the absolutely horrible fan-fic story is the absolute worst thing about the game.

It's a phrase that's bandied around far too often nowadays, but it feels entirely appropriate here. It really is an insult to anyone who previously cared about the franchise. It's the ultimate example of "fuck you all" selfish writing and retconning.
    As Fox had final say it's final, conclusive proof that Fox doesn't give a shit about the IP. They've been whoring it out for years now.

Maybe Disney could buy the rights? Ha.
  • Red_Dwarf_Posse 17 Feb 2013 16:32:33 10 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Completed Total Badass Difficulty last night with some random from France. I enjoyed it, hoping for single player DLC. Now to multiplayer stuff.

Thanks to all the negative reviews my expectations were rock bottom. If you are a fan of the films there is enough in this game for you to like. Hudson....
  • Page

of 57 First / Last