Rate the last game you played out of 10 Page 3

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• JediMasterMalik 12 Feb 2008 13:10:55 11,820 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A definite when with that one. It sold shed loads.
  • DanC89 12 Feb 2008 13:25:42 267 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Warhawk - 8.5
    Super Stardust HD - 8

Fab PSN games. :)
  • JediMasterMalik 12 Feb 2008 13:27:33 11,820 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shut UP!

SSHD is a clear 9. ;)
  • DanC89 12 Feb 2008 13:30:01 267 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm kinda' shat though. :D

Record of about 8 and a half mil.
  • jonsaan 12 Feb 2008 13:34:43 25,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lumines 2 11/10

FCUTA!

• AmericanTransvestite 12 Feb 2008 14:58:26 189 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Orcs and Elves 5/10
    I actually enjoy it but it keeps crashing so I'm going to exchange it for another copy and if it continues I'll return it for a game that works. Without the glitches it is a lot of fun though.
  • sanctusmortis 23 Feb 2008 12:17:20 9,631 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DMC4 8/10.

Would be 9 if it wasn't for Dante as a boss pissing me off.
  • Lexx87 23 Feb 2008 12:55:10 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enchanted Arms...half decent story and the combat system is OK. Some of the golems are really cool so..

7/10 from me.

Speak the truth hussy!

• billythekid 23 Feb 2008 12:59:48 11,129 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cabela's African Safari. 6/10
  • Lexx87 27 Feb 2008 22:01:35 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enchanted Arms - 7/10

Would have given it an 8 if it wasn't for all the pointless travelling to and from and back to back again places.

Speak the truth hussy!

• pistol 27 Feb 2008 23:24:05 13,019 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Confounder wrote:
    Heavenly Sword - Completed - 8/10
    Uncharted - Playing now - 9/10
    Warhawk - Playing constantly - 9/10

How far are you with Uncharted? I'm at level 9 and really lovin the game.
  • ElNino9 27 Feb 2008 23:25:44 13,418 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Devil May Cry 4 - Its my first DMC game, and I loved it. 9/10

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Triggerhappytel 27 Feb 2008 23:45:46 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Playing it now, just got to the Forsaken Fortress for the second time, Master Sword in hand.

I do like this game, but like the previous 3D iterations I've played, it has got many, many elements which really piss me off. I'd probably give it an 8, for now - better than Ocarina of Time, not as good as Twilight Princess.
  • Physically_Insane 27 Feb 2008 23:48:23 8,839 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I'd probably give it an 8, for now - better than Ocarina of Time, not as good as Twilight Princess.

So is Twilight Princess that good? My wii will be ariving in the post soon along with TP.
  • Dixons 27 Feb 2008 23:52:03 1,230 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Mass Effect. Amazing game. Starts off slow but once it gets into its stride it transforms into a bona fide sci-fi epic.

The story was one of the best I've seen in gaming in a while, the music was perfectly pitched and always stirring, the combat improves as your stats improves, becoming far less clunky.

Tbh I could eulogise on about it but better you play it for yourself and see! ;)

9/10. No Kotor then but then I wasn't expecting it to be. Next best thing though, my second favourite RPG of all time.
  • magicpanda 28 Feb 2008 00:44:01 13,362 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    COD4 Single player = 9/10 after an hour or so.

Gays of War = 6/10 after an hour or so/ Some nice ideas and has a real purdy mouth but ffs, old old gameplay with nothing new so far. Almost like a nicely wrapped puzzle game if anything.

EVE 10/10 Holy shit.... Just jawdropping when the scope, size and detail finally sinks in and hits you, it's almost scary. As close to a virtual reality as it gets.

All 3 need lots more playing!
  • Bloodloss 28 Feb 2008 00:54:17 4,499 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So you don't hold Ocarina of Time in high regard then? Most people I've seen seem to worship it.

/Hasn't completed any Zelda games but plans to play Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, and maybe Majora's Mask, soon.
  • Physically_Insane 28 Feb 2008 01:08:24 8,839 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bloodloss wrote:
    So you don't hold Ocarina of Time in high regard then? Most people I've seen seem to worship it.

/Hasn't completed any Zelda games but plans to play Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, and maybe Majora's Mask, soon.

Ocarina of Time is one of teh best games ever made imo. God, it only seems like yesterday when I got this of santa at christmas. I don't think it'll have the same impact as it did on me for you though, because it might feel a bit dated, but still worth a play through.
  • Retroid Moderator 28 Feb 2008 01:15:15 44,725 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Timeshift (360): (high) 7/10

Really quite enjoyable & nice time powers.
  • JediMasterMalik 28 Feb 2008 02:05:35 11,820 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Assassins creed - 6/10

Got bored eventually, and didn't finish it. Having said that, I saw videos on youtube of the storyline and it has possibly the worst ending to a game ever.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 Feb 2008 02:14:01 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:

So is Twilight Princess that good? My wii will be ariving in the post soon along with TP.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it (Cube version), although like I said, it does have its fair share of really annoying elements. However, if you're played and enjoyed previous 3D iterations I'm sure you'll like TP. The only thing is that to be aware that at times it literally feels like a remake of OoT, such are the similarities.

Bloodloss wrote:

Not especially; I only really first played it in about 2003, and by that time kinda didn't see what all the fuss was about. I have a review here which explains my apathy toward the game in more detail. I would never suggest you don't play it - if only so you can say you have! - but I wouldn't get yourself built up for this defining game-to-end-all-games.

From the opinions of myself and a few others, I think generally those who played it when it was released in 1998 loved it, and those who have first tried it a few years later were not all that fussed.

If you are going to play some Zeldas, I'd fully recommend you start with A Link to the Past =D, and definitely check out Twilight Princess, probably followed by The Wind Waker (as TP then TWW can be interpreted as chronologically legitimate).

Then play Okami and Drakan: The Ancient's Gates.
  • figaro7 28 Feb 2008 02:22:53 1,363 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zak and wiki, nearly tempted to give it a 9 but it had a little too much trial and error for my liking. I love the levels where you had to figure out puzzles with everything you had rather than get it wrong and your dead type ones. So a high high 8!
  • Progguitarist 28 Feb 2008 03:21:57 10,438 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead Rising 10/10

Loved it to bits.
  • Nylkran 28 Feb 2008 08:56:28 1,086 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Super Mario Galaxy - 9/10

I would have given it a 10 but the flight mechanic is not used nearly enough.

I am now playing Super Luigi Galaxy :p
  • TechnoHippy 28 Feb 2008 09:44:14 14,714 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Overlord - 7/10

Fun game, but bloody annoying camera.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Baronen 28 Feb 2008 10:10:38 579 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I tried out some of the free XNA games available on the marketplace:

Jelly Car - 6/10

The most promising of the bunch, charming graphics and sounds in all. It soon becomes apparent exactly how old-fashioned it is, though - trial and error gameplay was fine in the Elasto Mania times, but these days it doesn't hold up. Physics are a bit unpredictable at times too, but I guess that's just part of the charm.

Little Gamers - 1/10

Shite game based off a shite webcomic, but it gets the one point for having zombies and shotguns in a graveyard.

Dishwasher - 5/10

Looks much better in motion that in pictures, thanks to decent use of effects and filters such as motion blur. Gameplay isn't too bad, and at least they tried to put in air juggling and stuff like that, but both level and enemy design is uninspired and it was getting old by the end of the demo.

I've only been playing one other game worth mentioning, which is

CoD4 - 10/10

Simply put, the best multiplayer experience available on the x360. The gameplay is fluid, well-paced, and making your own classes as well as the brilliant leveling system keeps it fresh. Amazing level design and solid graphics, as well. The singleplayer is as by the numbers and on-rails as you'd expect from a CoD game, but for what it is, it does it brilliantly. It's a rollercoaster, sure, but one of the best I've ever played. Hopefully we'll get the multiplayer patch before the weekend, and then there's the DLC on the horizon.
  • presh 28 Feb 2008 10:24:23 1,221 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll also weigh in with a 9/10 for Super Mario Galaxy. The main gripe is the fact you lose your accumulated lives each time you turn the console off - a very strange design decision indeed.

Metroid Corruption - 8/10 I thought this was pretty supurb, but there were some little niggles and maybe, just maybe, I expected even more from the final part of the trilogy. But then I liked MP: Echoes, so what do I know? ;-)

Advanced Wars: Dark conflict - 7/10 (but not completed yet, so may change) - The same brilliant gameplay mechanics as the rest of the series, so you can't really go wrong, can you? But the story is more shite than usual - a deadly flower virus? Jeez! - and the emo kid character is instantly annoying. But once you turn the background music off it's all good really.
  • JuanKerr 28 Feb 2008 10:30:45 36,246 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    presh wrote:
    I'll also weigh in with a 9/10 for Super Mario Galaxy. The main gripe is the fact you lose your accumulated lives each time you turn the console off - a very strange design decision indeed.

I don't agree with this criticism at all - there are plenty of extra lives dotted about and if you kept your accumulated lives, it would be too easy.

Super Mario Galaxy is a 10/10 game for me, no question.

• PazJohnMitch 28 Feb 2008 10:31:24 8,044 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I'd probably give it an 8, for now - better than Ocarina of Time, not as good as Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess is a difficult game to rate or recommend. It is essentially Ocarina of Time 2. It is actually the better of the two as well. However it is not that much better. OoT was a revelation when it first arrived and was far better than anything else. TP on the other hand is mildy better than OoT.

The problem with TP is that it is essentially the same game you have already played. And if like me you have played a lot of Zelda games then it is starting to feel tired.

TP is certainly the best Zelda but it is also a very generic Zelda. Although Midna is the best sidekick the series has created by a considerable margin. Phantom Hourglass is a little more original but has other issues.

This phenomen has been seen before God of War II is better than God of War in every respect but I and many other people enjoyed GoW1 more. The same is true of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. PD is the better game but everyone prefers Goldeneye as it was a bigger step forward. TP is not even a step forward from OoT more of a refinement. (Sort of like the Halo sequels).
  • Page

of 17 First / Last