Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Carlo 15 Mar 2011 13:26:19 17,949 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Half Life 2

10/10

Even today, it's a brilliant outstanding title.

PSN ID: Djini

• Sonic_D 18 Mar 2011 16:37:36 126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rock Band 3 – 10/10

Been playing since its release, it still has my attention. Amazingly complete package.

Vanquish – 9/10

Best 3rd person shooter I’ve played.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 – 8/10

Great fighter, let down by poor online component. Would be 9 or 10 if it offered the same as SSFIV online. Also on disc DLC is a no no for me.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2011 16:45:42
    GTA TBOGT - 9/10 - It brings back the fun to GTA. It is really inspired by San Andreas which is always a good thing. GTA IV's graphics with San Andreas's fun factor.

Call of Duty 4 - 10/10 - Its the only good CoD game imho. It does everything right. Online is satisfying and has great single player as well.

Mass Effect 2 - 10/10 - Second best game this gen after Uncharted 2.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 18 Mar 2011 16:52:58 406 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 9/10

I'm a very casual fighting game player so this for me is great fun. Not too difficult to pull some decent combos and, at a low level of play, the character variety is great. Carried me through many a slow working day thinking of good team combinations, and some of the tactics/teams at a competitive level so far have been interesting. The fact its quite simple means its probably a bit cheap at a higher level but seeing as that will never be me, I'm loving it. Also, so far I have only been playing single matches or in 2 person private lobbies online, so haven't had too many issues yet. Looking forward to seeing what new DLC characters there will be because the roster could stand to be a shade bigger.

Finally coming round to play Portal next so expecting that to blow my mind...
  • glaeken 19 Sep 2011 10:47:06 11,108 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GRID - 8/10 - Really enjoyed it though it has some flaws. In particular braking seems way off on the fasters cars and the AI has a habit of slaming you off the track. When it works though its fantastic fun. The TVR races, the saloon car racing and the muscle car racing are the best bits as the braking just seems to work OK on those. In general though the faster the car class the more off the braking becomes.

I would love to see them do another one of these with a bit more concentration on the handling model. I thought in particular DIRT2 really got the braking levels correct and if they could do another GRID with the same level of braking reaslism it would be brilliant.

I must say the game engine is superb in this. It seems really smooth and has great detail level, physics and crash effects.
  • woodnotes 21 Oct 2011 15:06:26 4,922 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been busy...

Child of Eden - 8/10 (standard controller)

Portal 2 - 10/10

Dead Space 2 - 8/10

Vanquish - 7.5/10
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 09:23:11
    Black ops 2

Sp 8. Best campaign since mw1. Infinitely better than mw3. A pleasant surprise.

Mp 5. Although I surprisingly loved the sp the mp was pretty bad. Nothing worse than any other recent cod I personally just find it pants against bf3.

Zombies 5. Very average again but never liked it.

Overall 7.

Halo 4.

Sp 9. First run through didn't enjoy as much perhaps due to expectations but now on 4th and except for mammoth level it is all good. Even got to liking the new enemies.

Mp 8. Only major draw backs is only 4 maps per game size. That gets old quick.

Overall 8.5.

Xcom.
    Sp 8. Very good but loads of bugs and minor issues. Xcom 2 could be 10 if it gets made.
  • Sarahshade 12 Dec 2012 10:40:44 139 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Last game I played was Golden Sun for DS. Good game nothing mindblowing, story was good but dragged out a little.
    Although it was good it doesnt compare to the first in the series which was on GBA.

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• sirtacos 13 Dec 2012 02:11:34 7,271 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haven't finished any of these, but that won't stop me from rating them.

Far Cry 3 - 7/10

It's fun but there are some design issues which interfere with the free-form/open-world gameplay. (Most jarring of which is the out-of-place Game Over, Mission Restart? mechanic) Also the story/characters are wank.
    The stealth is nice and the hunting/gliding/exploration are fun.

Hitman Absolution - 6/10

I liked Blood Money. This is a definite step down.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare - 8/10

Wacky, gory fun. Surprisingly simple mechanics belie a certain elegance that reminds me of Bushido Blade. There is no extraneous crap. Just war cries and chopped limbs.
  • Shikasama 13 Dec 2012 12:03:53 6,637 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dungeon Siege 3 - 7/10

Accomplished top down action RPG that keeps a steady stream of lootables coming and has some cool power interactions. Some of the bosses are bastard hard on hardcore and the characters have just enough about them to be engaging. Has the decency to finish when it starts to out stay its welcome.

The Walking Dead - 9/10

Don't think I need to explain why really. The only thing that stops it getting a 10 is that a small portion of the actual 'play' elements can be a tad tedious at times.

Hitman Absolution - 6/10

Enjoyable but frustratingly linear and dull for much of the game. Far too much time devoted to hiding from police/random men with guns rather than plotting assassinations/using disguises/setting up accidents. The actual Hitman levels are great but it is padded with so much bullshit it is quite unbelievable. Representation of female characters harks back to the bad old days as well.

Trine 2 - 9/10

One of the best looking games I have ever played. Some genuinely fiendish puzzling and a good challenge there for people if they want to collect everything. Combat is uninspiring but isn't the focus of the game. Delightful dialogue between characters and a good fantastical storyline.

Those are the ones I've completed recently. Trying to clear some of my game library before I head into buying new games. Next up is either Metro 2033 or RAGE I think.
  • welshben23 13 Dec 2012 12:12:10 1,074 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Far Cry 3 - 10/10.

I simply don't care about the alleged flaws or design issues. It's an open-world gem IMHO. I really didn't like FC2, this game is spot-on I think.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 23:52:09
    Max Payne 3.

Best action game ever. I consider action game as things like gears of war series, call of duty series etc.
    Has everything.
    Amazing graphics, check.
    Amazing sound, check.
    Amazing score, check.
    Amazing story (for an action game), check.
    Amazing characters, check.
    Amazing production, check.
    Amazing gameplay, check.
    Amazing level variation, check.
    Some of the best animation in the industry check.

Amazing.

9. Would give 10 if played on pc but on console the aiming not perfect enough to allow a 10 score.

For an action game it is near perfect. No where near best game ever, not even top 30/40 but as a pure action shooter it is number 1.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 00:07:37
    Oh and when that track kicks in on the terminal level....
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Next