COD 4 SNIPERS

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • HektikSoldieR 10 Feb 2008 22:08:55 8 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Call of duty snipers Group .. Join if u wish ..

Gamertag: Hektik SoldieR
  • Metalfish 10 Feb 2008 22:11:04 8,874 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Try the COD4 group.

You'll get less insults there. Oh, and snipers are largely underpowered compared to all other weapon types in COD4, due to them being poor for anything other than defensive roles. A clan literally composed of snipers would be hilarious to fight against mind.
  • MrSensible 10 Feb 2008 22:42:47 25,382 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sniper is easily my favourite to play, as in a lot of FPS game. In CoD though, sniping always seems useful as well as fun.

Not sure how well an entire team of them would work mind.
  • Tiger_Walts 10 Feb 2008 22:57:26 16,631 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /throws smoke
    /slips behind enemy lines
    /guts all snipers with a knife

Did it on Bloc the other night, the other team was composed of Barret toting fools who I took great delight in mowing down with my silenced P90, knife and pistol (when the P90 mag runs dry).

They'd have done better if they employed Claymores. But then I know where to place them myself and so can pre-empt their positioning. At one point I came across 3 of them looking skyward shooting at a chopper (enemy, not Claymores, that'd be silly).

Snipers can be deadly but just by packing smoke grenades you can rush a sniper heavy opposition, plus how else can you cap those domination points out in the open.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• phAge 11 Feb 2008 00:04:11 24,443 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've never won a free-for-all game in COD4 with a sniper, but these days I usually play sniper-only in about 1 in 4 games. Just the thrill of the headshot, sneaking around the map, observing enemies and waiting for one to stand still for that half-second you need to blow his face off - brilliant.

And every once in a while you get those Saving Private Ryan-moments, where you kill one enemy, reload, kill another immediately after, reload and kill again, and all those knifings in the back just suddenly become worth it. :)
  • motti82 11 Feb 2008 09:40:01 2,924 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I only snipe when the map is designed for it, usually Backlot, Crossfire and Bog.

Join the Group and be part of the [EG] clan, admission is free :)
  • CannonAnBall 11 Feb 2008 18:06:22 751 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If there are snipers in the game I am playing I will hunt them down and knife them in the back. The chaos it causes when nearly an entire team is sniping is a joy!

• dgamlin 5 Mar 2009 12:39:53 24 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've played against snipers whose close quarter shooting with acog sites and bolt action sniper rifle is terrific. I couldn't get anywhere near them: they were jumping and dodging whilst reloading, then aiming very quickly and killing me with a single shot before I could get a bead on them. Then there's the trick shot they do, by jumping off a high point, turning 360 in mid-air, then shooting me as they land. How do they do this?
  • absolutezero 5 Mar 2009 12:41:24 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sniper is a credit to the team.

hurrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • RedSparrows 5 Mar 2009 12:42:54 24,258 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I usually sneaked in CoD4. Silenced G36, UAV jammer, Bomb Expert etc, sneaky sneaky stabby stabby. Loved trying to get behind snipers and nailing them.
  • Venkman90 5 Mar 2009 12:45:30 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dgamlin wrote:
    I've played against snipers whose close quarter shooting with acog sites and bolt action sniper rifle is terrific. I couldn't get anywhere near them: they were jumping and dodging whilst reloading, then aiming very quickly and killing me with a single shot before I could get a bead on them. Then there's the trick shot they do, by jumping off a high point, turning 360 in mid-air, then shooting me as they land. How do they do this?

Practice

I love ACOG'd sniper rifles, I hate claymore camping but love being able to pick guys off from a distance
  • MrSensible 5 Mar 2009 12:45:32 25,382 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As I said all those months ago in this thread, sniping is my favourite activity. Oddly, my other favourite is going on a sniper-killing rampage of silent stealth action.
  • phAge 5 Mar 2009 12:45:59 24,443 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Loved trying to get behind snipers and nailing them.
    O_O
  • absolutezero 5 Mar 2009 12:47:00 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I mostly enjoy setting snipers on fire along the balcony in 2fort, where they stand and shoot at other snipers instead of doing something usefull.
  • istandfreed 5 Mar 2009 13:00:49 2,416 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sniping is satisfying...imagining all those curses and hatred as they suffer another headshot... fuels my sniping needs...HAHAHA!

/hides in the shadows praying his team-mates won't leave him all alone to be knifed

PSN: Ballszilla

• RedSparrows 5 Mar 2009 16:00:31 24,258 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Loved trying to get behind snipers and nailing them.
    O_O

Closet gay, what can I say?
  • RedSparrows 5 Mar 2009 16:01:07 24,258 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:
    I mostly enjoy setting snipers on fire along the balcony in 2fort, where they stand and shoot at other snipers instead of doing something usefull.

haha, I've not met many good snipers in TF2.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 16:04:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    COD4 is SOOOO September 2008!!! :p
  • clockworkzombie 5 Mar 2009 22:16:35 379 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My two most amusing sniper moments are finding a sniper lying down in a room and on the mic I said "Turn around mister sniper" then shot him in the head. I went to the next room and there was a second sniper just laying down, I popped him in the head and said "All snipers please change into their brown corduroy trousers."
    I agree with previous sentiments, nothing better than knifing a sniper.

The second moment I was the sniper and I shot one dude 5 times in a row, he spawned near my target point then ran to it looking for me :) turning around trying to find the shot. What made him lose it was when he found me I panicked and rapid fired the barret and killed him.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 22:22:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He just said he said it...didn't say anybody heard him.
  • Metalfish 5 Mar 2009 22:34:39 8,874 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hello old thread.

I haven't played COD4 in an age. But in my effort to unlock all the golden skins for the weapons I had to get creative. I mean, snipers, easy. Assault rifles etc etc not too bad either. But shotguns? How the heck is one supposed to get loads of headshots with those?

One UAV jammer perk later and I became "the shotgun bogeyman"TM. Taking ludicrous risks to get behind enemy lines, sneaking around like a ghost, hearing the battle raging in the distance -it was tough. But it was all worth it when I snuck up on an unsuspecting sniper, claymore deftly avoided, peering down his rifle at the carnage of the killzone. I'm close enough to stab him now, I can see he's lining up a shot.

Boom. Shotgun headshot. How's that for role-reversal, you walking shag-pile?

Now rinse and repeat for every single sniper on their team and you get a lot of twitchy snipers cautiously snuggling together for comfort.
  • clockworkzombie 5 Mar 2009 23:39:19 379 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was a free for all so you should be able to hear it. I do not normally play team deathmatch. The differences didn't occur to me.
    edit

I did the golden skin for the shot gun first. The semi auto is easy, pump action not so much.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 23:43:18
    I absolutely loved sniping on COD4, it was my favourite set-up.
    I was pretty decent at it too, but sadly those days are gone, traded it in yesterday as I only really play computer games socially and everyone else I knew had moved on.

Keep living the dream guys.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next