City-Link are a giant piece of shite Page 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• DodgyPast 23 Apr 2008 18:17:14 8,417 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whitey McCool wrote:
    Absolute fucking bellends.

I was in all day Tuesday, when one of them tiptoed up to the door and put a card through without ringing the bell. Phoned them up to complain, and to tell them that nobody will be in Wednesday, but I should be in Thursday afternoon. Fine, Thursday PM delivery sorted.

So obviously another of the brain dead weapons tootles along TODAY to put another card through the door saying I have 5 days to drive to Widnes and pick it up before they send it back. I phone up and am told that this is apparently standard procedure, and I'm still down for an 'attempted' PM delivery for Thursday.

"What does 'attempted' mean?"
    "It means we'll try and deliver in the afternoon."
    "'Try?'"
    "Yes, we can't guarantee it."
    "And if you fail in this Herculean undertaking and instead turn up in the morning, when I've told you I wont be in?"
    "You'll have 5 days to pick up the package from Widnes"

I hate them. I genuinely, genuinely hate them. When the bloke turns up tomorrow I'm going to shit on him and set his van on fire.
    You'd have to actually be in when he arrives and you know that's not going to happen.
  • merseymal 19 May 2008 16:05:38 6 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grrr the bastards have lost my Onkyo TX-SR606 from hifibitz and they won't have another one in stock for another week.

Steam/XBLA/PSN/Twitter: merseymal
    R Tape Loading Error, 0:1

• wobbler147 19 May 2008 16:14:31 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    merseymal wrote:
    Grrr the bastards have stolen my Onkyo TX-SR606 from hifibitz and they won't have another one in stock for another week.

fixed.
  • DocX 19 May 2008 16:27:21 1,963 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had to drive 16 miles on Saturday morning to pick up a package that I paid 10 for citylink to deliver in the first fucking place. I'm thinking of opening a franchise - just hire a lad on a moped to deliver 'tough shit, you were out' cards, then sit back and watch the cash roll in.
  • Pooley 3 Jun 2008 00:06:16 1,507 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still waiting for a delivery from Amazon, via City Link. Should've been delivered on the 23rd of last month but no sign of it yet. No cards through the letterbox so they've obviously not even been to my house.

I've contacted Amazon, twice. Just had an email from them stating;

"It does appear that something may have gone awry with the delivery of your order
    - the package should have reached you by now."

As the order is mostly made up of heavy copper pots and pans for the kitchen (good old Amazon sale), I guess it's too much to ask City Link to deliver it.

Anyone know how to get through to an actual person at Amazon, and not an automated voice or email system?
  • Danoxth 3 Jun 2008 00:12:22 286 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pooley wrote:
    Anyone know how to get through to an actual person at Amazon, and not an automated voice or email system?

They do have a call back feature somewhere on their site, I presume its within your 'My Account' section somewhere.

When I used it, what I did was put my phone number in a form, submit it, and they call you when one of their apes are free to talk.

Edit: Click the Contact us button to the right of the screen: Click Me

• Pooley 3 Jun 2008 00:39:34 1,507 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks Danoxth, I'll give it a try in the morning. :)
  • Pooley 5 Jun 2008 23:57:04 1,507 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Amazon have offered to send the consignment again, no charge. So that's what I've agreed to.

So that means that some scummy courier has a whole new set of pans for their kitchen and 10 new CD's. Hope she or he like the "O Brother Where Art Though?" soundtrack...
  • President_Weasel 6 Jun 2008 00:20:56 8,984 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's upper management with one-track minds and short attention spans. Someone says "these City Link guys, they're really cheap but astonishingly shit" and the executive hears" these City Link guys, they're really cheap"
  • Deleted user 12 August 2008 21:59:35
    Got something being sent to me by Amazon through City Link. Never used them before, but this thread hasn't raised my hopes. :(
  • Deleted user 12 August 2008 22:01:28
    Never a lost a thing through city link.

• ElectricDemon 12 Aug 2008 22:47:32 2,417 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My RAM is being delivered by City-Link.....

/reads thread
    /has visions of smashed RAM

Of course that's just me being silly.........................given the stories in this thread it seems far more likely they'll just nick it!
  • Heitzu 12 Aug 2008 22:48:30 1,160 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My experience has varied greatly.

My family bought a HDTV from Amazon, shipped via City Link and received it on the day stated.

I bought I new monitor/TV for PC from Amazon, I also payed for a Saturday Delivery since I needed it badly, and does it turn up on the Saturday... no. So I contact Amazon who say they will contact City Link who have their tracking information saying they tried but no one was there, which is a downright lie. Amazon ring back to tell me that City Link Office was closed half-day on Saturday but since I didn't get it they'd refund my express delivery. I got my monitor on the Tuesday.

So make of that what you will.
  • HiddenAway 12 Aug 2008 23:09:13 14,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    Unfortunately it seems Play.com (where one of my orders was from) are using City Link as their main distributor now, so expect many, many more lost parcels in future...

Cheap or expensive stuff?

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Deleted user 12 August 2008 23:25:23
    I generally avoid companies that use City Link now, its just not worth the aggro.
  • Lexx87 12 Aug 2008 23:28:38 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    City Link are a fucking bag a total and utter shite.

Speak the truth hussy!

• mcmonkeyplc 12 Aug 2008 23:31:17 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    These knob jokey's keep leaving my stuff at my neighbours houses without even leaving me a note. Did it on two bigs items. My HD TV and just last week a new set of speakers.

These are valuable things. If my neighbours were chavs I dont know what I would have done!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 12 August 2008 23:32:34
    Most couriers are ropey but City Link take the cake. I would much prefer to just have royal mail and would be happy to pay extra. If youre in youre in and if not you can get it from your local post office, which is never far away.
  • Tomo 12 Aug 2008 23:33:04 13,881 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    City Link are the worst offenders by a mile in my experience. DHL are also shit. As are DPD.

City Link lost one of my parcels, I got a refund and then the parcel magically appeared about 2 weeks later. I felt good and mildly dirty.

What I don't understand though is how these companies can get away with such atrocious service?! I mean, it's not like the odd parcel being undelivered, it's fucking tonnes. It's a perennial problem, far worse than 2 buses syndrome and late trains, and even beyond Xbox 360 failure rates.

GAH. I'm angry and I'm not even having anything posted to me. Just thinking about it.

1: Estate Agents
    2: Lawyers/Solicitors/City Workers
    3: Courier Companies.
  • Timmy 12 Aug 2008 23:41:22 9,031 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    ARGH! FUCKING...ANGRY.

So, i'm expecting a package on wednesday. It doesn't arrive because the driver couldn't gain access to the premises; being student accommodation you have to use an intercom to call the flat so I can unlock a gate. Figuring the driver is obviously a stupid gimp and doesn't know how to use these systems I order a re-delivery for today, giving my mobile number so the driver can call me when he is outside so I can go get my package.

No call...so I call back today to find the driver "could not access my premises" once again even though he had my mobile number. "That isn't a service we provide so it is not guaranteed the driver will call you"...I asked if it was the same driver, which it was so if you couldn't get in the first time and now you have a number to call WHY WOULDN'T YOU FUCKING USE IT. How FUCKING hard is it to use an intercom anyway? It says on the fucker "press flat number" with a telephone symbol next to it. Have to go and fucking pick it up now as they don't try more than twice...FUCKERS.

I you think they're bad, you should avoid Secure Mail Services!
    They're in another league for shit service!
  • Deleted user 12 August 2008 23:46:50
    Timmy wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    ARGH! FUCKING...ANGRY.

So, i'm expecting a package on wednesday. It doesn't arrive because the driver couldn't gain access to the premises; being student accommodation you have to use an intercom to call the flat so I can unlock a gate. Figuring the driver is obviously a stupid gimp and doesn't know how to use these systems I order a re-delivery for today, giving my mobile number so the driver can call me when he is outside so I can go get my package.

No call...so I call back today to find the driver "could not access my premises" once again even though he had my mobile number. "That isn't a service we provide so it is not guaranteed the driver will call you"...I asked if it was the same driver, which it was so if you couldn't get in the first time and now you have a number to call WHY WOULDN'T YOU FUCKING USE IT. How FUCKING hard is it to use an intercom anyway? It says on the fucker "press flat number" with a telephone symbol next to it. Have to go and fucking pick it up now as they don't try more than twice...FUCKERS.

They're in another league for shit service!

Yes, not much good news comes from SMS.
  • HiddenAway 12 Aug 2008 23:46:55 14,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Timmy wrote:

I bet the government used them to transfer their CDs round...

"...but they're secure!"

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Lexx87 12 Aug 2008 23:49:26 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh and the Home delivery network suck utter balls too

Speak the truth hussy!

• Anthony_UK 12 Aug 2008 23:51:56 2,463 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slightly off subject, the company I work for use couriers daily, citylink and TNT I seriously wouldn't wipe my ass on, there unhappy reps have admited there night staff in the warehouses (who despatch your parcels) are mainly staffed by 16/17 year old lads on minimum wage who couldn't care less and have little to no supervision.

Whenever possible use fedex, I personally haven't had a single problem yet!
  • Deleted user 12 August 2008 23:52:01
    Has anyone ever ordered anything from Bid-TV? They'll sell you a pair of elasticated unisex slacks for just 2.99 (price crash!) but then delivery is about 20 quid. Do the slacks arrive in a limousine?

Edited for your enjoyment:

http://www.like.com/womenspantsandslacks/unisex_slacks?SID=GOO&CID=GBWOMc522faf7009ce60f
  • Deleted user 12 August 2008 23:54:31
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    Has anyone ever ordered anything from Bid-TV? They'll sell you a pair of elasticated unisex slacks for just 2.99 (price crash!) but then delivery is about 20 quid. Do the slacks arrive in a limousine?

GLOL!
  • Deleted user 13 August 2008 12:07:49
    What time do City Link tend to arrive at? Is the afternoon normal?

/still waiting for package
  • Tomo 13 Aug 2008 12:08:57 13,881 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sir, we operate from 9 till 5. You can expect your package whenever the fuck we feel like.
  • DaM 13 Aug 2008 13:17:57 12,902 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We have switched to Fedex UK recently (formerly known as ANC) for our UK deliveries. Before that we were using Lynx (soon to be known as UPS UK - you can probably spot the industry pattern here).

I can thoroughly recommend Fedex UK, very good service so far. If we have an issue, we phone the local office (even the national call centre puts you through to your local depot), so we know the person we are speaking to, and they are generally very helpful - they will phone the driver while you are on hold to find out WTF he is up to.

I think we are paying 5.50 for up to 30kg, next day delivery.
  • Agent_Llama 13 Aug 2008 13:25:15 3,339 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DHL are dismal down here. I was waiting in for a parcel a few months ago and went down to check at one point, only to be greeted by a 'no-one was in' card. They never bothered to knock or ring the doorbell. I rang them up and the guy at the office refused to believe me and I had to drive over to their depot to pick the package up. Grrr. I've also found packages left next to the wheelie bin on the front drive for anyone to nick with no notification put through the letter box.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Page

of 9 First / Last