City-Link are a giant piece of shite Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • jablonski 11 Oct 2011 16:58:55 1,716 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why does Amazon Prime exist?

There is no guarantee you will get stuff next day, so why do they offer it?

It generally goes out on time from Amazon, but HDN/Yodel etc sit on it for an extra day in 75% of my deliveries.
  • Cadence 12 Oct 2011 19:11:06 1,621 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    I'm over the moon when I see that City Link are delivering my Amazon stuff. Home Delivery Network: now THEY are a sack of shit.

Our local HDN (or are they Yodel now?) are actually OK - drivers deliver at tea time, so there's always someone in (or hide it round the back).

The one that covers my work could do with a good wash, but she's very friendly :)

I can confirm that actually Yodel are also a complete shower of cunts. I was stood outside my flat today when the status page on their website updated to say the driver had been unable to deliver my new PC and had left a card. Lying bastards. My Japanese wife really can't understand why the service is so bad in this country, but yet we all whinge and moan until we're blue in the face. Anyone care to explain?
  • RyanDS 12 Oct 2011 19:13:01 8,699 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Why does Amazon Prime exist?

There is no guarantee you will get stuff next day, so why do they offer it?

It generally goes out on time from Amazon, but HDN/Yodel etc sit on it for an extra day in 75% of my deliveries.

I did a months trial of Amazon Prime. Ordered 5 items, only 3 of them arrived next day. The other 2 took 2 and 3 days respectively.

I cancelled that service pretty quickly.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2011 19:19:59
    Delivery services are so bad because everyone wants amazingly efficient, fast delivery, to suit them, with free redelivery or the option to specify an alternative, for free or very little.

Take Amazon Prime. Anyone who thinks that 49 a year would actually begin to cover the cost of true next day delivery by a decent delivery company is kidding themselves.

Originally internet sites were trading have less staff versus sales for subsidising delivery, but with less sales, rising costs on everything..... something has to give and as we are seeing, thats quality of delivery services.

• jonsaan 12 Oct 2011 19:25:11 25,249 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd be far happier with stuff being delivered to a local collection point meeself. As long as it as local. Very local.

FCUTA!

• Lexx87 12 Oct 2011 20:21:00 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 12 Oct 2011 20:21:00 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd rather City Link licked my arse than deliver for me.

Speak the truth hussy!

• jablonski 12 Oct 2011 20:49:47 1,716 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DisneyJon wrote:
    Delivery services are so bad because everyone wants amazingly efficient, fast delivery, to suit them, with free redelivery or the option to specify an alternative, for free or very little.

Take Amazon Prime. Anyone who thinks that 49 a year would actually begin to cover the cost of true next day delivery by a decent delivery company is kidding themselves.

Originally internet sites were trading have less staff versus sales for subsidising delivery, but with less sales, rising costs on everything..... something has to give and as we are seeing, thats quality of delivery services.

It's not like they make one trip a day.
    A driver loads up and is out for the whole day, picking up and dropping off.
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Oct 2011 22:38:39 7,254 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    The one that covers my work could do with a good wash, but she's very friendly :)

Dirty and friendly? She sounds amazing.
  • DaM 13 Oct 2011 07:11:59 12,606 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A lot of our delivery drivers are grey in colour...maybe they just don't have time to shower...
  • dnbuk 7 Mar 2013 01:27:31 4,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ordered a tv last night from somewhere that said they use Parcelforce and then I get a dispatch e mail saying it's been sent using City Link. I wouldn't have even bothered with them if I knew that.

Fingers crossed it doesn't turn up in a million pieces.
  • smoothpete 24 May 2013 06:47:21 31,017 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My subwoofer was "delivered" on Wednesday, except I wasn't at home as they only gave me 12 hours notice and I could not work from home. Got a card through the door saying it had been left with a neighbour several doors away. Ok fair enough. Went to go pick it up from them yesterday, neighbour knows nothing about it. WTF. now I have to go play "search the parcel" and knock on everyone's doors till I find it. How hard is it to write the correct house number down for fucks sake.
  • Dougs 24 May 2013 06:49:29 64,895 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah yes, I had a 6ft roof box left with a neighbour. An 85 year old neighbour, who then tried to help my wife get it across to ours. Fucking idiots.
  • smoothpete 24 May 2013 06:55:52 31,017 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm wondering if I could complain to the vendor and say it's lost, get them to send another... Too cheeky, even for me.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 24 May 2013 09:11:28 599 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's not too cheeky.
    Keep doing it until it becomes too expensive for them to use HDN / Yodel.

Suggest that they use DPD instead (Who have impressed me by delivering when they say they will).
  • localnotail 8 Nov 2013 17:53:54 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought a kitchen table on ebay from someone in Manchester. Talked him into letting me arrange a courier, and he kindly worked from home yesterday so he could be there for the collection. Except City Link never showed. No communication from them whatsoever, or Interparcel, who I'd arranged it with. Very angry vendor.

Got Interparcel to rearrange collection for today. Talked the vendor into leaving work to be home for 3 for pickup... which hasn't happened. Again.

Talked to Interparcel again. Got the City Link ref, messaged City Link. They apologised a lot, said they would look into it and call me. They haven't called me. There are 7 minutes left on the pickup window.

Vendor is very very cross. As am I. Never again. I will have to drive up tomorrow and pick it up myself.

Fucking incompetent wankers.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• President_Weasel 8 Nov 2013 18:42:47 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am still pissed off with Shitty Link from about 5 years ago, when they repeatedly claimed they tried to deliver my item, while I was in the house waiting for them, and never even bothered to put a card though the door. Then the cunts fobbed me off when I phoned to complain.

They've got one job, and that's delivering things. They should be able to do it.

I had a similar experience with DPD the other day, except when I emailed their "make it right" department they made it right - the courier showed up within the hour and gave me my parcel.
    I'd rather have got the parcel in the one-hour time slot they texted me, and that I stayed awake for on my day off after the text woke me, when I'd have preferred a lie in, but I have to say I was impressed and pleased with them overall.

City Link can get fucked though.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Next