So what am I going to do with my £95m EuroMillions win? Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Sid-Nice 8 Feb 2008 18:28:46 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Buy Arsenal Football Club, then systematically force the manager to sell all the good players and replace them with muppets with two left feet, until they're struggling to stay in the Vauxhall Conference...
    Keep off the Newcastle squad.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Triggerhappytel 8 Feb 2008 18:34:30 2,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't want all the £95 million. That would be greedy.

Half will do fine.

I would love to invest about £10 - £20 million into developing a couple of games. Would give this serious consideration if I had the windfall.

I'd obviously see my family safe, and I told a couple of my best mates I'd give them enough cash for deposits on houses (assuming 10%, so about £20k each?). My girlfriend and I would also set up some sort of animal sanctuary, so we'd need to buy a new place with lots of land.

EDIT - spelling
  • THFourteen 8 Feb 2008 18:41:02 32,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid Nice wrote:
    I'd love to win the lottery; but I do think that the £95 million EuroMillions is too much; I'd say "20 prizes of £5 million" would be a better way of distributing the first prize pool.

Iíve been of the opinion that Camelot should change the format of our own National Lottery; 1st prize 5 prizes of £2 million: 2nd prize 5 prizes of £500,000 and so on. It is time to do away with these stupid rollover lottery draws and if you buy a ticket the numbers on that ticket should be your lotto numbers; no more having to be committed 2 times per week or having an anxiety filled evening if you failed to get your regular lotto line on.

There is a special criterion to be a lottery winnerÖ

First of all you have to be a CUNT: Everybody repeat after me ďIím a CUNT.Ē

Seriously anyone who is kind, caring, unselfish or nice should not enter the lottery as you are not destined to win. Remove all thoughts of good things that you would/could do if you won £95 million and tell yourself ďIím a cunt and Iím giving away fuck all.Ē

I donít believe in God but I do believe that there is some kind of force or spirit that chooses the so called lucky ones; I feel as though our lives are already mapped out and the ones looking over us select the suitable candidates for lottery wins. To be honest Iím quiet content with what Iíve got; if winning £95 million meant my marriage breaking up and I had to spend the rest of my life sleeping around with Page 3 girls then you can keep it.

i don't want to be a cunt either. I'd be happy with enough money so that i could get 70k worth of interest a year which i could use for mortgage/food/fun, and then when i died i could leave it all to my family.

i just don't wanna work :)
  • terminalterror 8 Feb 2008 18:41:26 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Buy Arsenal Football Club, then systematically force the manager to sell all the good players and replace them with muppets with two left feet, until they're struggling to stay in the Vauxhall Conference...

Arsenal is worth more than £95 million (around £600m according to wikipedia)
  • Whizzo 8 Feb 2008 18:43:04 43,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd overthrow Mugabe.

Or more likely just move to Bermuda.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Psychotext 8 Feb 2008 18:50:15 53,806 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Figured I'd have a look at the national lottery site for fun. It's being utterly crushed right now. =)

I've never really understood why people always buy the tickets on a rollover... like a couple of million isn't worth bothering with. ;)
  • Dougs 8 Feb 2008 18:51:29 66,648 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid Nice wrote:
    I'd love to win the lottery; but I do think that the £95 million EuroMillions is too much; I'd say "20 prizes of £5 million" would be a better way of distributing the first prize pool.

I’ve been of the opinion that Camelot should change the format of our own National Lottery; 1st prize 5 prizes of £2 million: 2nd prize 5 prizes of £500,000 and so on. It is time to do away with these stupid rollover lottery draws and if you buy a ticket the numbers on that ticket should be your lotto numbers; no more having to be committed 2 times per week or having an anxiety filled evening if you failed to get your regular lotto line on.

Yep, I've said the same, and I think Branson was going to introduce something like this. But the reason they didn't is that it dilutes the wow factor - say a top prize of £2m, if 3 people win it, that's "only" £650k each. Nice, but not life changing - you'd still have to work, well most of us anyway.
  • ecureuil 8 Feb 2008 18:55:45 76,491 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The worst thing about it, is that you hardly get anything in comparison for 5 numbers. I remember someone on EG matching 5 numbers(I think), and only getting a couple of hundred pounds, or something pitiful like that.
  • terminalterror 8 Feb 2008 18:57:57 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I'd overthrow Mugabe.

I like your style!

I'd be slightly worried about what you'd do after you'd achieved that though. Republic of Whizzostan?
  • LetsGo 8 Feb 2008 19:12:33 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:

Yep, I've said the same, and I think Branson was going to introduce something like this. But the reason they didn't is that it dilutes the wow factor - say a top prize of £2m, if 3 people win it, that's "only" £650k each. Nice, but not life changing - you'd still have to work, well most of us anyway.

Nope, im guessing the reason why they didnt was because of a few MP's getting a few backhanders from Camelot......

Also, Branson wanted to give ALL the money to Charity, a complete non-profit lotto. I mean who WOULDNT want that...?
  • El_MUERkO 8 Feb 2008 19:20:37 16,949 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    The worst thing about it, is that you hardly get anything in comparison for 5 numbers. I remember someone on EG matching 5 numbers(I think), and only getting a couple of hundred pounds, or something pitiful like that.

the money has to be won this week so if no one gets all the numbers then the cash is spread out between the people who got the next best result
  • Deleted user 8 February 2008 19:28:26
    I would finnish my degree and then start a new one in Medicine. Knowing that i would never have to work again i would concentrate on being a over qualified bum. I would also set up heaps of trust and sustain various charities on the interest alone (about £30,000 a month!). Which would mainly consist of animal and cancer charities.

This is all of course after i buy a big fuck of house, an Aston Martin Vantage and the biggest nicest TV in the world. Would buy my mum and sister the same. Start up various "who wants a 100 grand" threads on EG as it is the only site i go to.
  • Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 19:42:25 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well..none of us are going to win anyway. Apart from me that is.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Pirotic Moderator 8 Feb 2008 20:00:06 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd buy Eurogamer, then probably run it into the ground by slowly going mad on the forums as the money drives me insane.

On a more serious note, I'd start a themepark - but if it wasn't enough money for that, I'd start a game developer and make the best game of all time, fully funded for 10 or so years of development and without any worries about if it'll make any money when it's released. It'd be a virtual city and the player would basically be god and do whatever he wanted and just watch the reaction (buildings getting rebuilt, people aging, girls getting undre.. better not give away too many ideas here just incase).
  • terminalterror 8 Feb 2008 20:34:43 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    On a more serious note, I'd start a themepark - but if it wasn't enough money for that...

Depends what sort of themepark you wanted. Universal Islands of Adventure in Florida cost about £1billion to build from scratch.

If you just wanted some awesome coasters in a field then they'll be about £10-20million each so you could afford to put a few in your garden.
  • Sid-Nice 8 Feb 2008 20:39:40 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No SPOILERS when the draw is made as I like to check the numbers with my little woman.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Physically_Insane 8 Feb 2008 20:42:36 8,614 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is the draw on TV?
  • david78 8 Feb 2008 20:45:16 829 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bah, what a waste of £1.50 that was...
  • Destria 9 Feb 2008 16:53:26 2,819 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's all this talk of tax? Unless there's a rule I'm not aware of, the only tax on gifts is inheritance tax on the receiver. And that's only if you pop your clogs within 7 years. Though, if you've won £95 million, you might have drunk yourself to death in that time.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • danathjo 8 May 2009 10:16:30 7,222 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So tonight's the night....what should I do with my £110 million?
    I'll probably start with a nice pair of shoes, got my eye on a pair of Jordans near Brixton tube station...then i'll probably buy my hometown basketball team the Adelaide 36ers. Should leave me with about £108 million in change

any ideas?
  • FWB 8 May 2009 10:18:11 43,806 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bailout the economy... a little bit.
  • danathjo 8 May 2009 10:42:43 7,222 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nah, they'd only go and fuck it up again

/wonders how much Myleene Klass or that other hot bird from the M&S ads is going for these days
  • Wastelander 8 May 2009 10:44:17 1,848 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd buy the Darkfall subscriber list then hire hitmen to have them all shot.
  • Stickman 8 May 2009 10:48:19 29,657 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd offer my neighbour a million pounds to shoot her boyfriend. I reckon she'd totally do it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Dan234 8 May 2009 10:49:20 2,232 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Invest in gold bars and a bunker to keep them in before the inevitable Mad Max-like future meltdown begins.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 8 May 2009 10:51:53 12,740 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd do the following:

Cover half of each country in tin foil
    Make pebble dash, satellite dishes and pencils illegal
    Ensure that a large 10m cube of ice is on display in Covent Garden
    Buy some parks and cover with concrete, but leave a tree in the middle, a willow one.
  • PES_Fanboy 8 May 2009 10:54:13 13,427 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd spend about a million quid building a tower, then pour the other 109 million (in pound coins) into it.

Then go for a swim.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last