So what am I going to do with my £95m EuroMillions win? Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• smoothpete 8 Feb 2008 15:56:49 31,514 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    tombo wrote:
    Dougs wrote:

Sort the family out, then give shed loads to charities and live off the interest. And who can honestly say that you'd go back to work (unless you run your own business you're passionate about?)

So if you gave away £40m to charity and spent £15m on houses / cars / family how much of a salary can £40m get you from interest?

Anyone that can be bothered to tell me gets £5k just for working it out.
    About £1m per year, give or take. That's taking into account leaving some in the bank to balance inflation. That's a very conservative estimate, it would very much depend on how you invested it
  • malteaserhead 8 Feb 2008 15:57:13 13,444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    tombo wrote:
    So if you gave away £40m to charity and spent £15m on houses / cars / family how much of a salary can £40m get you from interest?

About £50-70k per week.
    /buys 2.35:1 telly in anticipation of reward

edit- pesky bladder always costing me £5k rewards
  • Madder-Max 8 Feb 2008 15:59:02 11,656 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    tombo wrote:
    Dougs wrote:

Sort the family out, then give shed loads to charities and live off the interest. And who can honestly say that you'd go back to work (unless you run your own business you're passionate about?)

About £200k pcm (ballpark)
    or 2.4 m p.a

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 16:00:47 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you have to pay tax on lottery wins?

Speak the truth hussy!

• sam_spade 8 Feb 2008 16:02:36 15,745 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Do you have to pay tax on lottery wins?

Nah, it's tax free.

I'd hire an accountant that's for sure.
  • Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 16:02:50 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo_3-Liverpool_0 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    tombo wrote:
    Dougs wrote:

About £1m per year, give or take. That's taking into account leaving some in the bank to balance inflation. That's a very conservative estimate, it would very much depend on how you invested it

Right now? Just bank it in a high yield 500 year old Swiss banking institution. Anything else and you'd risk losing huge chunks.

would be a case of leaving your old friends who now hate you as you sail off to your swiss vault

Speak the truth hussy!

• Ginger 8 Feb 2008 16:04:50 6,840 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    grayson wrote:
    Considering the conditions that some people live like in this country, never mind elsewhere in the world, I'd hate to win any kind of lotto to be honest. I'd be constantly guilt stricken that I'm driving around in a DB7 when down the road old people are freezing to death because they can't afford heating, etc etc
    Move to Necker Island then :)

London open taekwondo champion

• Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 16:05:18 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It would destroy your life for sure

Speak the truth hussy!

• HitchHiker 8 Feb 2008 16:05:24 2,775 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd have to emigrate if I won that amount.
  • Madder-Max 8 Feb 2008 16:09:15 11,656 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    grayson wrote:
    Considering the conditions that some people live like in this country, never mind elsewhere in the world, I'd hate to win any kind of lotto to be honest. I'd be constantly guilt stricken that I'm driving around in a DB7 when down the road old people are freezing to death because they can't afford heating, etc etc

nah. yer perspectiv e on life would change towards conservative values and you would easily convince yourself that its their own fault that they are poorer than you and that if you donated any of your winnings they would only spend it on drugs, and they are prolly all immigrants sponging off the state anyway.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• redlander 8 Feb 2008 16:12:03 1,039 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would get a hot tub and fill it with hookers.

Then have a little think on what to do next.
  • Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 16:13:24 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    redlander wrote:
    I would get a hot tub and fill it with hookers.

Then have a little think on what to do next.

You missed the part about one of them sucking you off

Speak the truth hussy!

• smoothpete 8 Feb 2008 16:15:37 31,514 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Scrooge McDuck style vault full of gold would be nice

Off shore would be the way to go. Isn't lottery money tax free anyway? I wonder how far that goes, if the income would be taxable or not
  • RevanEleven 8 Feb 2008 16:15:38 2,076 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Every week when the lottery numbers are anounced, my old man says 'Thats another pound I've won' (he never buys a ticket). Thing is my mum spends about £10 every week on it, but never tells him.
  • Load_2.0 8 Feb 2008 16:32:25 19,281 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Become a super-criminal. Drive a garishly coloured super car with massive fins and dress in a costume.

I would refer to my crimes as "capers" and I would only attempt the most ridiculous and unlikely stunts.

My team of lawyers would ensure I stayed out prison.
  • LetsGo 8 Feb 2008 16:34:10 5,217 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    What are the odds of winning it? You always hear stuff like "getting hit by lightning four times in a row" or something ridiculous of that nature....

1 in 76,275,360
  • tomb85 8 Feb 2008 16:39:14 204 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd buy EG
  • Deleted user 8 February 2008 16:48:17
    When I win the jackpot tonight I'm going to buy out Ken Bates and Invest 30 Million in Leeds United.

Then I'll invest 1 million in EG and pay for a proper forum search facility as well as buying all my fellow modders a Porsche 911.

Then I'll start a thread titled "HairyArse should give me 100k because:" and the winner will get 100k.

And then I'll buy a massive hoose in the country and start up a rescue centre for stray and unwanted dogs.

And then I'll kick back, play games all day and turn into a fat lardy arsed bastard within the year and eventually die of a heart attack.

• Nuttah 8 Feb 2008 16:54:54 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll give 30 million or so to my ma n pa/brother and sis-n-law and lastly my uncle. Everyone on my mothers side can go screw themselves for the grief they have caused my family.

After that I don't know. Probably through a huooge party for my EG/AATG chums with some kick ass party bags. invest in my fathers business.

For myself, design and build my own house in england. buy a few properties around the world. a few cars and bikes. and spend the rest of my life travelling.

Although all but the first paragragh will probably go out the window if I actually did win the lottery.
  • w00t 8 Feb 2008 17:10:59 11,120 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sort out family and best mates.

Build custom house with secret swimming pool basement and hidden rooms. And the worlds best dedicated gaming room.

Pay for all the fines my local would get for allowing me to smoke in there :)

Buy a ticket and go to space. Possibly multiple times.

Go larging it all over the world with best mates.

Finally setup direct debits for bills.

Maybe do filthy things with hookers. Scratch that, with Hollyoaks actresses. Mmmm.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• HitchHiker 8 Feb 2008 17:15:59 2,775 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you win, do you get the whole lump sum or is it a smaller amount to have in one go and the full amount if you have it over time?
  • Sid-Nice 8 Feb 2008 17:16:43 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nuttah wrote:
    I'll give 30 million or so to my ma n pa/brother and sis-n-law and lastly my uncle. Everyone on my mothers side can go screw themselves for the grief they have caused my family.

After that I don't know. Probably through a huooge party for my EG/AATG chums with some kick ass party bags. invest in my fathers business.

For myself, design and build my own house in england. buy a few properties around the world. a few cars and bikes. and spend the rest of my life travelling.

Although all but the first paragragh will probably go out the window if I actually did win the lottery.
    Excuse me: If you plan on giving away large sums of your windfall to your family; I'd recommend that you create a syndicate. Every penny above the 3 gifts of £300 per year which is allowed is taxable at 40%: That would mean that your family would only receive £18 million from your £30 million gift.

NNID Sid-Nice

• THFourteen 8 Feb 2008 17:22:00 33,439 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll be using my winnings to travel to Arsenal's 39th game every season :-\

/kisses 3 tickets

edit:

also buy a house in west hampstead (NOT kilburn), buy a bigger hd telly, quit work and play golf.
  • Nuttah 8 Feb 2008 17:27:24 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid Nice wrote:
    Excuse me: If you plan on giving away large sums of your windfall to your family; I'd recommend that you create a syndicate. Every penny above the 3 gifts of £300 per year which is allowed is taxable at 40%: That would mean that your family would only receive £18 million from your £30 million gift.

I was aware that the receiver would be taxed, but not that heavily. Principly I would certainly agree with you. However none of any of my decisions would be made lightly, so if the syndicate method was the most efficient way of going, I would do it.
  • boo 8 Feb 2008 17:37:07 11,785 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Buy Arsenal Football Club, then systematically force the manager to sell all the good players and replace them with muppets with two left feet, until they're struggling to stay in the Vauxhall Conference...

Just Another Lego Blog

• ming 8 Feb 2008 17:37:24 275 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you won you could hire an accountant to find a way around the tax. For example transfer the money overseas before you give it to you family member and then transfer it back.

If I won I would pretend to the world that I only won the 2nd place prize etc and tell them I spent it all on the mortgage.

Then I would help out my close family members with mortages, houses, cars etc.

Buy a nice (but not expensive) car, top of the range PC and try to carry on as normal.
  • Sid-Nice 8 Feb 2008 18:27:01 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd love to win the lottery; but I do think that the £95 million EuroMillions is too much; I'd say "20 prizes of £5 million" would be a better way of distributing the first prize pool.

Iíve been of the opinion that Camelot should change the format of our own National Lottery; 1st prize 5 prizes of £2 million: 2nd prize 5 prizes of £500,000 and so on. It is time to do away with these stupid rollover lottery draws and if you buy a ticket the numbers on that ticket should be your lotto numbers; no more having to be committed 2 times per week or having an anxiety filled evening if you failed to get your regular lotto line on.

There is a special criterion to be a lottery winnerÖ

First of all you have to be a CUNT: Everybody repeat after me ďIím a CUNT.Ē

Seriously anyone who is kind, caring, unselfish or nice should not enter the lottery as you are not destined to win. Remove all thoughts of good things that you would/could do if you won £95 million and tell yourself ďIím a cunt and Iím giving away fuck all.Ē

I donít believe in God but I do believe that there is some kind of force or spirit that chooses the so called lucky ones; I feel as though our lives are already mapped out and the ones looking over us select the suitable candidates for lottery wins. To be honest Iím quiet content with what Iíve got; if winning £95 million meant my marriage breaking up and I had to spend the rest of my life sleeping around with Page 3 girls then you can keep it.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Page

of 7 First / Last