• X201 7 Feb 2008 11:18:28 15,583 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bank shows its generous side :-/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/7231078.stm
  • Lutz 7 Feb 2008 11:19:56 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, nearly posted that this morning myself. 10 fucking quid.

I dunno... maybe a grand in a "can't touch it till you're 18" account wouldn't have been too much trouble no? And a tenner for sweets now.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2008 11:24:32 44,507 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gift horse, mouth, innit.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Load_2.0 7 Feb 2008 11:25:25 19,444 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, they only made 11 Billion last year, so it is understandable. They can't even afford a door that locks.
  • Gland 7 Feb 2008 11:25:28 78,457 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's probably the equivelent of the four cans of Haze they went through the last time they left it open and a tramp fell asleep in it.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• JuanKerr 7 Feb 2008 11:25:35 36,315 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    Gift horse, mouth, innit.

There's a shock - the corporate cocksucker sticks up for the bank ;-)
  • gang_of_bitches 7 Feb 2008 11:26:37 5,635 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should have prosecuted the nosey little bastard for trespass.

Or given him more than a fucking tenner, but definitely not just 10.
  • Gland 7 Feb 2008 11:27:44 78,457 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At least it wasn't a voucher for Dorothy Perkins.

• ram 7 Feb 2008 11:27:59 3,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boy opens an unlocked door and gets called a superhero

Superhero standards are falling, be giving 'em away with a litre of petrol soon.
  • tombo 7 Feb 2008 11:29:34 2,100 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ditto, I nearly posted this when I saw it this morning.

It's pathetic.
    At least let him have lunch with Michael Gambon, he wot does all their voiceovers.
  • phAge 7 Feb 2008 11:29:42 24,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Number of people at local branch who understand the meaning of the acronyn 'PR', and who recognises that they've just missed a huge opportunity to not only assure their customers that they take security very seriously indeed, but also to show just how much they appreciate the help of the locals:

Big fat fucking ZERO.

What a bunch of mongtards - hope they get fucking burgled down to the very last cent next time (and no, this won't cost customers a bit - insurance).
  • Load_2.0 7 Feb 2008 11:32:24 19,444 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Headline should read.

Annoying ADD child wanders around opening doors he shouldn't touch whilst incompetent parents continue shopping oblivious to inherent dangers of neglecting young children.
  • phAge 7 Feb 2008 11:34:16 24,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ... and in other news, grumpy internet forum users continue to lay the blame of all the worlds evils squarely at the feet of small-children families. :)
  • TipTop 7 Feb 2008 11:36:02 738 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Though I probably wont be using the mongtards insult, I'm with phAge on this one.

10? What a message to send out to the wider community. Missed opportunity to show the wider potential customer base that being the world's largest local bank means more than a London PR agency fee.

Next time offer tours of the bank for any late night revellers.

8/10. Better than ...

• Gland 7 Feb 2008 11:36:21 78,457 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One bag of good skag.

• S.J.Rogers 7 Feb 2008 11:39:36 3,557 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    Headline should read.

Annoying ADD child wanders around opening doors he shouldn't touch whilst incompetent parents continue shopping oblivious to inherent dangers of neglecting young children.

+1

Well said..!
  • AliRay 7 Feb 2008 11:58:14 181 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Most super-heroes work for free iirc, so the kid's actually done pretty well :p
  • craigy Staff 7 Feb 2008 12:00:19 7,722 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    10 is a lot of money to a 5 year old. The important thing isn't the amount of money he was awarded, but the fact that he was rewarded. The most important thing the kid'll remember when he grows up is that he was rewarded for his good deed: not the amount of money he was given.

All you complainants seem to be suggesting he wasn't given enough money as a reward, so what's the correct amount?
  • phAge 7 Feb 2008 12:04:43 24,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    10 is a lot of money to a 5 year old. The important thing isn't the amount of money he was awarded, but the fact that he was rewarded. The most important thing the kid'll remember when he grows up is that he was rewarded for his good deed: not the amount of money he was given.

All you complainants seem to be suggesting he wasn't given enough money as a reward, so what's the correct amount?
    I'm complaining that the staff didn't see this brilliant opportunity to make a serious PR-statement, which would cost them next to nothing compared to the goodwill it would produce in the community.

Like I said - mongtards.
  • X201 7 Feb 2008 12:06:47 15,583 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    craigy wrote:

Seeing as he went in to play with the toys, 50 quid in Toys R Us vouchers would have been enough.

• Load_2.0 7 Feb 2008 12:07:04 19,444 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    craigy wrote:

One million pounds.

Good deed? He wandered off unattended and opened a door! This story could have been boy gets trapped in bank due to faulty door. Or boy sets off bank alarm by accident.

He might also remember that bank security is shit and grow up to be a thief.

I sound grumpy. I am glad he got ten quid and that he is ok by the way!
  • chudders 7 Feb 2008 12:12:43 755 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was obviously left open on purpose, how else are they going to round up enough 5 year olds to fill a basketball court?
  • _Price_ 7 Feb 2008 12:14:04 3,074 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd say a grand in a savings account would be appropriate, followed by a short speach about investing in the future, etc.

Makes everyone look good and shows that no 'good deed' (yes, I know, ADD kid, unattentive parents and so on) should go unrewarded.
  • PES_Fanboy 7 Feb 2008 12:19:37 17,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's zero or a considerable (i.e. not ten quid) sum, isn't it?

It's the same when payrises come out. On occasions, I've had payrises that amounted to 50 a year before tax. Just don't fucking give me one, I'm more offended at the pitiful lip-service raise than I would have been at none at all.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2008 12:35:58 44,507 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    craigy wrote:

+1, quite.

• craigy Staff 7 Feb 2008 12:36:53 7,722 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chudders wrote:
    It was obviously left open on purpose, how else are they going to round up enough 5 year olds to fill a basketball court?

Lol, good cross-linking
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2008 12:37:34 44,507 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    _Price_ wrote:
    I'd say a grand in a savings account would be appropriate, followed by a short speach about investing in the future, etc.

Cue every council house mum in North Yorkshire shuffling their dribbling kids into locked doors expecting a free handout...

• Master_of_Baking 7 Feb 2008 12:42:45 21 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:

Cue every council house mum in North Yorkshire shuffling their dribbling kids into locked doors expecting a free handout...

Not just North Yorkshire. Catford is a fucking dive! It'll be happening to a bank near you soon.

You'll see kids wandering around with broken noses and all the banks will have face imprints on the doors.
  • X201 7 Feb 2008 12:45:01 15,583 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    _Price_ wrote:

It counterbalances the middle class tossers who fiddle their house insurance.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2008 12:49:41 44,507 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nevertheless, I suspect that if the Bank hadn't given him any money at all, this thread would never have been made. It's as soon as the possibility appears that everyone starts clamouring that it should be more.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous