Question Time Page 4

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• Bloodloss 5 Feb 2009 23:30:12 4,499 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh. First time I've properly watched this. Not bad I suppose.
  • BTBAM 6 Feb 2009 12:16:01 1,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The 'Liberty Lady' showed herself up. Geoff Hoon may have acted like a standard slimy non-committal politician, but he's less of a raving cunt than that stupid bitch Shami Chakrabati. How anyone can listen to her speak without wanting to kill her is beyond me.
  • tombo 6 Feb 2009 12:22:58 2,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like her. She's refreshing.

Will Young was rubbish. I reserved judgement before the show but after a couple of answers I found myself being embarrassed.
  • moggsy 6 Feb 2009 12:26:30 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found Shami Chakrabati annoying to listen to too - like some whiny kid. I'm sure she could make her point in a less condescending manner.
  • BTBAM 6 Feb 2009 12:52:22 1,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aspic wrote:
    BTBAM wrote:
    The 'Liberty Lady' showed herself up. Geoff Hoon may have acted like a standard slimy non-committal politician, but he's less of a raving cunt than that stupid bitch Shami Chakrabati. How anyone can listen to her speak without wanting to kill her is beyond me.

Anyone can listen to her quite easily without calling her (or anyone in these circumstances) a bitch. Unless you're a complete twat of course.

I see what you did! You stealthily called me a complete twat! Clever stuff.

I particularly hated the big where the goons in the crowd started clapping halfway through her 'rousing' monologue-lite. They would've cheered no matter what she said, because of her rising tone and passion during her little speech at Geoff Hoon, and also at the fact they LAUGHED at the out of place Will Young, making his woefully inept observations at an alarming rate with alarming plaudits from all but the panel.

If you listened to the content of her argument you'd hear a desperately short-sighted speech covered by hyperbole and emotion.

Agreed with moggsy - she's a self-important whingebag who talks down to everyone from her self-appointed moral high ground.

• BTBAM 6 Feb 2009 16:50:36 1,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'Thanks'? lol

Are you stupid enough to imply that if I dislike Shami more than Geoff then I approve of torture and that I've got my perfect government? Certainly seems like it. Either that or you quoted me just to make a totally irrelevant point.

Good work. Well done. Thanks. Nice one.
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2009 23:53:17 14,197 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow Kelvin MacKenzie managed to use the term "thick underclass" and get a round of applause for it.
  • Donny 19 Feb 2009 23:52:21 1,492 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well this weeks episode helped remind me what a cunt Piers Morgan is.
  • faux_carnation 5 Jul 2009 22:18:19 9,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloodkult wrote:
    The question is this:
    Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite...

Would you like a toasted teacake?

This was the only mention of "toasted teacake" I could find.

The answer is yes! Yes! a thousand times yes! OM NOM NOM
  • TheSaint 9 Oct 2009 16:10:24 14,197 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watching last nights episode now and it seems like they crammed every idiot in Manchester into that studio including my favourite suggestion that we should help clear the deficit by stopping MPs expenses rather than by implementing a public sector pay freeze.
  • consignia 9 Oct 2009 16:13:50 1,433 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked it when that Lib Dem woman used an analogy of a referendum on Europe as "lancing the boil" when the guy who asked the question had a massive spot on his head.
  • BabyJesus 9 Oct 2009 16:14:41 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Just watching last nights episode now and it seems like they crammed everyone idiot in Manchester into that studio including my favourite suggestion that we should help clear the deficit by stopping MPs expenses rather than by implementing a public sector pay freeze.

One thing I found amusing was when someone in the crowd said "David Cameron is prime minister in waiting" *Everyone applauds in the audience*

The very NEXT comment was from another audience member who said " I remember the 80's a leopard doesn't change its spots"

*Everyone applauds in the audience*

It reminded me of those clapping symbol monkey wind up toys.

Ohhh and Ian Hislop certainly showed his colours last night.
  • X201 9 Oct 2009 16:16:48 15,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:

One thing I found amusing was when someone in the crowd said "David Cameron is prime minister in waiting" *Everyone applauds in the audience*

The very NEXT comment was from another audience member who said " I remember the 80's a leopard doesn't change its spots"

/is worried about BNP stuffing audience in two weeks time.
  • BabyJesus 9 Oct 2009 16:20:23 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:

/is worried about BNP stuffing audience in two weeks time.

It'll certainly be interesting.

Hopefully the main parties tear them apart and aren't too busy calling eachother names to do so.
  • TheSaint 9 Oct 2009 16:21:31 14,197 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:

Private Eye attacks everyone but it's always much easier to go after the government.
  • X201 9 Oct 2009 16:22:12 15,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've always liked Sir Stuart rose and last night didn't change that.
    No pussy footing around, bish bosh dosh with the answers :D
  • BabyJesus 9 Oct 2009 16:30:38 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:

Private Eye attacks everyone but it's always much easier to go after the government.

Yeah, but I always got the impression he personally leaned(not Private Eye) more to Labour.

He just attacked Labour and never really said anything about the tories. Including hounding Yvette Cooper.

Shes a cunt, but so is Boy George.
  • BabyJesus 9 Oct 2009 16:31:27 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    I've always liked Sir Stuart rose and last night didn't change that.
    No pussy footing around, bish bosh dosh with the answers :D

I found it intriguing that he is going to make his choice known in public.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 09:41:39
    So... this Thursday is the day.

Question Time's biggest ratings ever??? The BNP leader is on...
  • sargulesh 19 Oct 2009 10:22:30 3,281 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ian Hislop and David Starkey were two of the most insufferable cunts that have ever been on QT; Nick Griffin has his work cut out for him.

--

TheSaint wrote:
    Wow Kelvin MacKenzie managed to use the term "thick underclass" and get a round of applause for it.

People do that on here all the time: every use of the word chav or ned or pikey or whatever comes w/its very own "thick underclass" subtext.
  • BabyJesus 19 Oct 2009 10:25:20 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well hopefully they attack the BNP on a policy level to destroy any credibility they have, but I suspect they'll be too busy harassing eachother.
  • MetalDog 19 Oct 2009 10:25:24 23,708 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Remains to be seen if Griffin is on it or not. Hain is making 'sue the BBC' noises.

It still seems to me that gagging them just gives them more 'See? Working white people oppressed!' power. Let the cunt go on and spout his filth and dodge awkward questions so everyone can see what he really is.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• BabyJesus 19 Oct 2009 10:28:41 4,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Remains to be seen if Griffin is on it or not. Hain is making 'sue the BBC' noises.

It still seems to me that gagging them just gives them more 'See? Working white people oppressed!' power. Let the cunt go on and spout his filth and dodge awkward questions so everyone can see what he really is.

Exactly.

This is the way we should have dealt with the BNP years ago.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 10:32:16
    He'll be on. Hains being silly. Not having him on will gain the BNP more votes.
  • Jeepers 19 Oct 2009 10:36:23 13,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:

There was a good article in the papers this weekend in which the journo suggested that the safest route for Griffin to make anodyne statements like "We have to be sure that the immigration service is properly controlled and run". The other politicians on the panel can't disagree which gives an air of legitimacy to Griffin's position.

I don't think we're going to see a frothing-at-the-mouth racist - he's not that stupid.
  • Mr_Sleep 19 Oct 2009 10:37:39 16,838 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Now there's a proper cunt if there ever was one. I'm sure he just goes on the show to have his ego massaged by the crowd that love all his passionate speeches and "look at me, I think like the common man" bollocks. What a cunt he is.

I realise the comment I refer to is ages old but I can't help contain my loathing of MacKenzie.

You are a factory of sadness.

• MetalDog 19 Oct 2009 10:37:54 23,708 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Agreed - but the questions that are going to be thrown at him are going to be truly awkward =)

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Mr_Sleep 19 Oct 2009 10:38:44 16,838 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

You are a factory of sadness.

• Spanky 19 Oct 2009 10:54:33 14,458 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kelvin McKenzie or Piers Morgan...Kelvin McKenzie or Piers Morgan...Kelvin McKenzie or Piers Morgan...

I can't work out which i'd prefer to see die first.

Probably Morgan tbh.

Plubs

• Deleted user 19 October 2009 10:57:07
    Kelvin McKenzie hired Piers Morgan at The Sun.
  • Page

of 30 First / Last