Question Time Page 26

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• Bremenacht 23 Jun 2013 13:25:11 17,600 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Slightly ironic that the last question, which they ran out of time for, was about who has more appeal between 'pop stars' and 'politicians' ... because this particular Question Time was the fourth most popular programme on iPlayer when I started watching it, clearly for Russell Brands influence, a shy over two days later. A rarity for a programme like this.

He even cheekily smiled when the question was read out too.
    That question possibly relates to the article Tom_Servo linked further up this page: Everything that's wrong with BBC Question Time in one graph. I suppose what matters most is that you get informative and entertaining debate. You need people on who are more likely to trip up or vex the dull, play-it-safe politicians. The likes of Russell Brand are best, in that regard, even if they play to the house.

Phillips. Dear oh dear.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 23 Jun 2013 13:32:42 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Melanie phillips was fucking awful. Pro war against Iran, if she ever came close to actual conflict as opposed to an abstract political position from a comfy position she would likely be reduced to a nervous wreck.
  • Trafford 3 Oct 2013 23:12:16 5,611 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Always a good watch when Mehdi Hasan is on.
    It's like they've set a Rotweiller on the Mail cartoonist.

Edited by Trafford at 23:13:49 03-10-2013
  • Bremenacht 3 Oct 2013 23:13:38 17,600 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quentin Letts from the Daily Mail on QT right now.

Drowning.

Audience laughing out loud at him; wildly cheering the Huffington Post guy who mocked and slagged him off.
  • TheSaint 3 Oct 2013 23:18:50 14,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Both as bad as each other IMO.

Liked the audience reaction to the ukip guy though.
  • X201 3 Oct 2013 23:35:41 15,129 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did I nod off?

When was Syria mentioned?
  • Youthist 3 Oct 2013 23:41:11 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Say what?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Youthist 3 Oct 2013 23:57:40 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the UN inspectors have already found evidence of Sarin back in August, no?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• TheSaint 4 Oct 2013 00:01:09 14,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought I was watching choreographed news the other day but it turns out I'd left Pineapple Dance Studios on by mistake.
  • RedSparrows 4 Oct 2013 00:28:25 21,999 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

What, the Mail cunt, or the people rightly deriding him? Hardly.
  • Bremenacht 4 Oct 2013 00:34:14 17,600 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think he meant the HP guy, who constantly tried to butt in earlier. His put-down of the Daily Mail was soooo good though. Completely made up for him being irritating. And the audience reaction! Cheering!

Alistair Campbell on the news saying Dacre should stand down, and the BBC pointing out that he heads the editor's group responding to Levenson..

Deary me. Not looking good. They'll have to savage the BBC extra hard now.
  • TheSaint 4 Oct 2013 00:40:29 14,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:

What, the Mail cunt, or the people rightly deriding him? Hardly.
    Mail guy and the one from the Huffington Post. Both spouting left and right populist rubbish while for once the MPs were having a fairly decent discussion.
  • TheSaint 4 Oct 2013 00:43:04 14,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Think he meant the HP guy, who constantly tried to butt in earlier. His put-down of the Daily Mail was soooo good though. Completely made up for him being irritating. And the audience reaction! Cheering!

Alistair Campbell on the news saying Dacre should stand down, and the BBC pointing out that he heads the editor's group responding to Levenson..

Deary me. Not looking good. They'll have to savage the BBC extra hard now.
    Interestingly on the R4 Media show the other day they said that nothing that had been printed so far would have been against the rules of the new proposed legislation. That was before all this mail on sunday stuff though so might have changed.
  • Bremenacht 7 Nov 2013 23:16:55 17,600 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lovely QT debate about immigration. Held in Boston (full of immigrants!), with Nigel Farage and Benjamin Zephaniah!
  • Tom_Servo 7 Nov 2013 23:26:14 17,298 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bet you could put on Question Time from ten years ago and it would be like the same program. Awful.
  • X201 7 Nov 2013 23:29:35 15,129 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Lovely QT debate about immigration. Held in Boston (full of immigrants!), with Nigel Farage and Benjamin Zephaniah!
    A greek, two huguenots, and a caribbean Brummie discussing immigration.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2013 23:30:30
    Post deleted
  • spamdangled 7 Nov 2013 23:37:21 27,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Farage was truly embarrassing tonight, I do wish QT would stop bringing him every time they know the EU is going to come up, he does everything he can to make it the focus of the whole damn running time and it reeks of desperation and clutching at straws.

Who was the brummie? He had said some very good points. And kudos to that woman in the audience for standing up to Farage's scaremongering.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 7 November 2013 23:52:06
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Farage was truly embarrassing tonight, I do wish QT would stop bringing him every time they know the EU is going to come up, he does everything he can to make it the focus of the whole damn running time and it reeks of desperation and clutching at straws.

Who was the brummie? He had said some very good points. And kudos to that woman in the audience for standing up to Farage's scaremongering.
    The thing about Farage is, whenever someone brings up immigration, everyone else flinches. He's one of the few that actually don't just look at all the good and ignore the bad. Of course, he does go too far the other way. But it's all about balance.

Edited by SG59 at 23:55:44 07-11-2013
  • spamdangled 7 Nov 2013 23:55:24 27,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well it's not balance though is it? It's just a case of shifting from one extreme to the other whilst short-cutting past the bits in between.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• mal 7 Nov 2013 23:57:18 22,334 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Benjamin Zephaniah. You should look up some of his poetry.

Edited by mal at 23:58:02 07-11-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 7 November 2013 23:58:40
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Well it's not balance though is it? It's just a case of shifting from one extreme to the other whilst short-cutting past the bits in between.
    That depends. If he was to get into some actual power, then no. But, if it simply gets people talking and some action taken (like it already has), then a balance could be made.
  • Deleted user 8 November 2013 11:21:49
    SG59 wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:

The thing about Farage is, whenever someone brings up immigration, everyone else flinches. He's one of the few that actually don't just look at all the good and ignore the bad. Of course, he does go too far the other way. But it's all about balance.
    Farages problem is that he leans too far to anti Immigration - i think debate is needed, but i never ever, in my life, hear him anything positive about it at all. And then what worse he over exaggerates stats, phrases, and sound bites to try and get his own viewpoint across that any genuine points he makes, are overshadowed by his inane rants. I can't take him seriously.

If he toned it all down, he might get a bit of debate going on and not look like the clown that he is. Agree with DM, QT just gives him air time to rant his views, he isn't conclusive to any debate, which is frightening when our MEP are.. er. UKIP.
  • TheSaint 8 Nov 2013 11:26:53 14,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worryingly I did agree with Farages on one issue though. Committing to building ships in Scotland ahead of their independence vote next year just seems bizarre. I don't usually have much sympathy for the people of Portsmouth but they have been royally screwed over there.
  • mal 8 Nov 2013 11:30:39 22,334 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That would be a notable failure if we had nuanced arguments on Europe, the NHS, HS2 etc. from seasoned politicians, just to pick a few examples. But we don't.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• spamdangled 8 Nov 2013 11:35:38 27,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was that greek woman the ex-wife of a certain disgraced Lib-Dem MP?

EDIT: That list is getting a bit long these days, depending on your outlook. I mean Chris Huhne.

Edited by darkmorgado at 11:36:07 08-11-2013

• Page

of 30 First / Last