Project Zero / Fatal Frame Wii Page 3

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Blerk Moderator 28 May 2008 08:55:46 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looking pretty much like the PS2 originals so far, which is no bad thing. Hopefully they'll recapture the spirit of PZ2 rather than PZ3 here.

Edit: Oh shit, sorry for the 'spirit' pun. Completely unintentional, honest. Don't fire me.
  • Pike 28 May 2008 08:57:10 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In the first game the camera angles were fixed. No Third person camera that followed the character like in a third person shooter.

Walk out of frame -> switch to next camera position.

A bit annoying at times, but it does bring a certain something to that horror movie feeling.
  • tiddles 28 May 2008 09:01:49 3,555 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Looking pretty much like the PS2 originals so far, which is no bad thing. Hopefully they'll recapture the spirit of PZ2 rather than PZ3 here.

Edit: Oh shit, sorry for the 'spirit' pun. Completely unintentional, honest. Don't fire me.

You're fired.
  • Pike 28 May 2008 09:02:15 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are pros and cons of every camera system.

However I would have prefered a normal third person camera actually. While the one they used gave some nice cinematic moments other games, such as Thief 3 and VtM:B, show that it is more than possible to make a very scary game using a fully player controlled camera.
  • Articulate-Troll 28 May 2008 13:13:08 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    July 28 in Japan? Well geeh, I'm sure it won't be more than a few weeks later until it's released here!

/Floats off on pink clouds...
  • Blerk Moderator 28 May 2008 13:20:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it got revised to July 31st, actually.

Am I the only one here who's a bit worried that it seems to have been completed 'very quickly'? Six months from announcement to shop shelf is almost unheard of, and doesn't exactly instil confidence.
  • Articulate-Troll 28 May 2008 13:26:54 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Am I the only one here who's a bit worried that it seems to have been completed 'very quickly'? Six months from announcement to shop shelf is almost unheard of, and doesn't exactly instil confidence.

I would assume it's been in production for longer, especially since the last game was released in 2005. Bear in mind also that it's also quite a linear and tightly designed game, which probably cuts development time.
  • Blerk Moderator 29 May 2008 10:25:23 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Some story details here, which I'll copy/paste for the hard of clicking:

The latest issue of Famitsu has new details on Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse for the Wii.

The game is set in the mysterious Rougetsu Island, where five young girls of the Minazuki family were kidnapped in the past. Two of the girls later died, while the remaining three - Ruka, Misaki, and Madoka - have decided to visit the island in an attempt to remember what happened during that incident. The magazine reveals that players will take on the role of Ruka and venture around the mansion in the island, which is decorated with a number of masks. Looking at the previous games in the series, players switched between characters so there is still the possibility of both Misaki and Madoka becoming playable as well.

Gameplay will still revolve around players using cameras to eliminate ghosts and other bizarre creatures. No new details on how Wiimote controls might play into the new game were revealed.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is scheduled to hit stores this summer in Japan. A North American release has not been confirmed or dated, but we'll let you know the snap second that changes.
  • Articulate-Troll 29 May 2008 16:32:17 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brilliant, sounds like they're going for a similiar set up to PZ2. Hopefully being able to explore the whole island will allow for a better variety of scenery and areas to explore than the previous games (just as long as there's no lab under the mansion).
  • thefilthandthefury 29 May 2008 16:37:34 24,950 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, sounds good. Fatal Frame is almost good with me. The only horror games I actually like.
  • MadMirko 29 May 2008 21:22:03 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just browsed around a bit, and I think those two scans are fairly new:

Scan 1
    Scan 2
  • SomaticSense 29 May 2008 22:02:19 7,927 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    I think it got revised to July 31st, actually.

Similar turnover times with games has happened before with full release titles (that PSP Alien vs. Predator one comes to mind as a recent one), but they almost always turn out to be utter shit.
  • J.C 29 May 2008 22:24:25 1,261 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    That's what the other games were, you only entered into first person when attacking with the camera.
    Correction. on the xbox, you could play PZ2 in first person mode all the way through the game. and it was the best version as well, up your's PS2 owners!
  • Deleted user 29 May 2008 22:26:07
    He is in Japan he won't know about the xbox version.

@JPN not a dig at you just the sales of Xbox in japan
  • Kay 29 May 2008 23:29:24 17,758 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Those last scans look great IMO..

Indeed!

I was going to pick up one of the PS2 games at some point, but I think I'll just wait for this.

K
  • MadMirko 5 Jun 2008 13:46:57 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Official Site open, altough there isn't much to see, yet.
  • Articulate-Troll 6 Jun 2008 00:16:34 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent, it's definitely shaping up to be a true successor to PZ2 judging by those screenshots.

My hope for the game is that they don't overcrowd the areas with ghosts, as they occasionally did in PZ2, so that the player gets a proper chance to explore and build tension before confronting the spirits.
  • absolutezero 11 Jul 2008 00:46:39 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is looking lovely. Im really rather looking forward to this now.

That guy with the torch is looking a bit dodgy though. I don't want to play as a guy with a beard. Scared girl plz.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Jul 2008 08:43:52 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm.... it really doesn't look any different to the PS2 versions. I thought they might have improved it a bit.

What's that circle with the red dot that appears at the top-centre of some of the shots, I wonder?
  • SirScratchalot 11 Jul 2008 09:05:22 7,872 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But in scans like this everything pretty much look the same, don't they?
    Anyway, this has to be one of the "core gamer" games during E3 so we'll see soon.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 11 Jul 2008 09:07:11 7,299 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You really can't judge the graphical quality by looking at those scans, they are far too small. I think it looks really good - I guess even a 360 version wouldn't look much better in those scans.

Looking forward to this, never played any of the other games anyway.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Jul 2008 09:35:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ignore me, I'm still grumpy that it didn't get a hi-def makeover.

I do wish they'd moved the series on a little, though. The environments, etc. all look pretty much identical to the previous three games. It would've been nice to have moved to a new location or something.
  • absolutezero 17 Jul 2008 16:55:39 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Theres something wrong with the main characters hair. It just seems too...big, like theres too much of it or something.

However I do like the way they've added in "wiggle" to the walking animations.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2008 17:16:34
    Looks nice. Wondering whether the remote will bring anything to the game or just make it more annoying the play 'cos you've got to keep pointing it at the screen. Agreed it could probably do with moving on a bit and doing something to freshen the series up though.
  • souvlaki 18 Jul 2008 10:00:53 717 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkjwZmYqyQ

Watch peoples reactions at the end :)
  • Page

of 15 First / Last