Project Zero / Fatal Frame Wii Page 13

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Ranger_Ryu 29 Jun 2012 17:42:05 1,049 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    picked up my copy this morning, only copy Grainger Games got, and for some reason HMV who had been pushing the game with display cases....never actually had it......
  • quadfather 30 Jun 2012 11:19:27 11,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For anyone who has it, what are the wii controls like? Does it use the nunchuk? And can you point the camera with the normal controller?

The chap in the video on the previous page mentioned at the end about tilting the control, so not sure about that.

Looks good though. But the last time I played PZ1 was years ago, on a small telly. I'd have to put this through the av setup now, with surround, so it's going to shit me right up!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• -cerberus- 1 Jul 2012 15:48:23 2,700 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just ordered my Project Zero II Wii Edition copy from The Hut. Now the wait begins.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Cappy 2 Jul 2012 13:57:31 11,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazon still haven't shipped the order I put in last week, there's a possibility this release is 'supply constrained', not permanently I hope.

Thanks Nintendo. Once they got their hooks into this IP it's been nothing but bad news for fans of Zero.
  • Blerk Moderator 2 Jul 2012 14:14:39 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If the comments on the controls and redone voice-overs I've seen this morning are to be believed then you might want to can the entire order while you still have a chance!
  • Razz 2 Jul 2012 14:24:42 61,036 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh? What comments, I actually opened this thread hoping to read somde comunity impressions of the game before I bought/rented it

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Blerk Moderator 2 Jul 2012 14:33:05 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rhythm was complaining on Twitter this morning that the controls are terrible and the voiceovers hokey and amateurish. I have no first-hand experience with it, but his comments on the control scheme don't sound particularly promising. Might be worth digging out a few reviews before you stump up the hard-earned.
  • jaguarwong 2 Jul 2012 14:34:59 45 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They've copied over the tilt controls from PZ4.

This is either:

A brilliant device to maintain the tension needed for the game to work.
    or
    It makes looking/aiming tedious and clumsy.
  • Razz 2 Jul 2012 14:35:53 61,036 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah cheers Blerk. ^_^

• Deleted user 2 July 2012 15:35:46
    Not happy. Not happy at all. As Blerk said, the voices are fucking horrible. Much higher quality recordings but the readings themselves are garbage. "Never mind" I thought, "I'll just whack the Jap voices on and use the subtitles, like I've always done on PZ games".

Erm, no. No Japanese voice options. English public school voices or none at all. :-(

And then there's the controls. Nunchuk stick moves forward, backward and turns the player. Sidestepping's handled through a modifier button (C). The WiiMote, at least in the 20 minutes I could stomach, only lets you look up and down. "Never mind" I thought, "I'll just change the control layout like I used to do on the Xbox version".

Erm, no. No configurable controls. And no Classic Controller profile, so you can't even just plug in a joypad.

Dreadful stuff, I can see why some of the reviews have been so middling. In re-releasing this, they've pulled out more features than they've put in. The missing voiceovers and control schemes are elements that were already in the original release FFS!
  • Razz 2 Jul 2012 15:50:45 61,036 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's such a shame, now that Nintendo own the franchise it's not going to change. I really hope they get the inevitable Wii-U game right.

• Cappy 2 Jul 2012 20:01:52 11,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    If the comments on the controls and redone voice-overs I've seen this morning are to be believed then you might want to can the entire order while you still have a chance!
    Oh...

I hadn't entertained the possibility that Nintendo would get them to make the game worse.

I'm not sure what to do now. Still no EG review.
  • quadfather 3 Jul 2012 15:20:26 11,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    Not happy. Not happy at all. As Blerk said, the voices are fucking horrible. Much higher quality recordings but the readings themselves are garbage. "Never mind" I thought, "I'll just whack the Jap voices on and use the subtitles, like I've always done on PZ games".

Erm, no. No Japanese voice options. English public school voices or none at all. :-(

And then there's the controls. Nunchuk stick moves forward, backward and turns the player. Sidestepping's handled through a modifier button (C). The WiiMote, at least in the 20 minutes I could stomach, only lets you look up and down. "Never mind" I thought, "I'll just change the control layout like I used to do on the Xbox version".

Erm, no. No configurable controls. And no Classic Controller profile, so you can't even just plug in a joypad.

Dreadful stuff, I can see why some of the reviews have been so middling. In re-releasing this, they've pulled out more features than they've put in. The missing voiceovers and control schemes are elements that were already in the original release FFS!
    Fucking bumeggs.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Rusty_M 3 Jul 2012 15:35:48 4,648 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:

Erm, no. No Japanese voice options. English public school voices or none at all. :-(.gif" class="smilie" alt=":-(" />

so I suppose I'll look for the Xbox versions. I'm sure they're backwards-compatible.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Page

of 15 First / Last