Project Zero / Fatal Frame Wii Page 2

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• SirScratchalot 31 Jan 2008 06:08:45 7,872 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    They seem to have a hard enough time shifting non-licensed, non-big-name titles on any machine these days, but 3rd party Wii titles do seem to have a harder time of it than most.

I hope it does well, because it's a great series and it deserves success. Yet even as I say that, I know it'll be the first one in the series that I miss out on. Which makes me sad. ;_;

You know the Wii is small, so you could buy it and then hide it only smuggling it out in the deep of night to play games on and then pretend that you on't have one when your street cred is called into question.
    -"You're tripping Gee, I ain't got no wii!"

Of course, your wife, waking up without you next to her will think you're having an affair. But them'r the knocks.
  • Tonka 31 Jan 2008 08:14:16 20,151 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    The first three games sold around 50,000 to 70,000 copies in Japan. If it does better than that, then it will have been quite a success.

From these figures, you can probably also see why making the game on the 360 or PS3 isn't very feasible at this time.

Yes, thank you, I was just about to say. Taking a niche title and putting it on the 360/PS3 would be too costly. They will have to do with middle of the road software for a while. STAYYY FOREVER!

/can't get that out of my head.

Anyways, before Blerk started accusing Nintendo owners of being ignorant a relapsed gamer just said (and I quote)

seanraaron wrote:
    I'm always game for a good horror title.

So what do we have here? Is it a new possible customer or is it a new possible customer?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Blerk Moderator 31 Jan 2008 08:25:49 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aw, I wasn't being personal! It's just Nintendo fans never seem to bother checking out what's available on other platforms, the in-bred loons. :-)

New customers are always good for a series, no doubt. However, you only need to check the wails and fanboy screams in the various forums after this announcement to see how many old customers they're potentially losing along the way.
  • Tonka 31 Jan 2008 08:40:49 20,151 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They should have released it on the PS3. The console whose most bought game is a sugar coated golf game sequel. Fifth one to be precise.

• Blerk Moderator 31 Jan 2008 08:45:56 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tut. They should've released it on the PS2, foolish boy. Where the other ones were. :-)
  • Tonka 31 Jan 2008 08:55:36 20,151 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luddite

• Blerk Moderator 31 Jan 2008 08:58:39 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You know it makes sense.
  • absolutezero 31 Jan 2008 11:49:31 7,956 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    But joining Shibata in the director's cubicle is Grasshopper Manufacturer's Goichi Suda

Not sure that is a good thing. In fact it might be bad.

After playing Michigan, I think I agree.
  • JinTypeNoir 31 Jan 2008 14:50:05 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Aw, I wasn't being personal! It's just Nintendo fans never seem to bother checking out what's available on other platforms, the in-bred loons. :-)

New customers are always good for a series, no doubt. However, you only need to check the wails and fanboy screams in the various forums after this announcement to see how many old customers they're potentially losing along the way.

Then again, are those fanboys being realistic? I mean the choices here seem to be compete on a level with the Xbox 360/PS3 aesthetics (and not doing so while making it for that platform would probably earn fanboy cries just as easily, see Disgaea 3) and possibly have the gap widen so much between expense and profit there's never another Project Zero game again, or do what they've done and give it a better chance of being profitable so the future of the series is stable?

The same problem is at stake for Suikoden as well.

Anyway, someone asked for a movie and Famitsu has a stream of the conference which includes footage of the game, so if you don't mind waiting until it shows up, here you go:

http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?51213291

You may need to copy and paste it in your browser if you're not visiting directly from the site.
  • Blerk Moderator 31 Jan 2008 14:52:14 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is precisely why they should all stick with the PS2 for the foreseeable future. ^_^
  • JinTypeNoir 31 Jan 2008 14:53:28 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No objections there! Long live the PS2! I love the fact that enough games have been announced this year to see it go on for a ninth year of substantial releases now! That's awesome.

BTW, I edited my post with footage of the game after you replied.
  • JinTypeNoir 28 May 2008 07:53:02 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's what the other games were, you only entered into first person when attacking with the camera.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 May 2008 07:56:28 2,695 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It looks good, and I'm a little sad to see it a Wii exclusive as I'll likely never own the console. I'm not sure about Suda 51's involvement, though. Does anyone know specifically what capacity his role takes?

Also, is it just me or is the order of this thread totally messed up?!
  • SirScratchalot 28 May 2008 07:57:21 7,872 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scaring the office workers into obedience by wearing a scary mask?
  • Page

of 15 First / Last