Project Zero / Fatal Frame Wii

• Page

of 15 First / Last

Previous
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:02:07 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I looked for a thread for this and couldn't find one, although I'm sure it must be in there somewhere because they announced it last year.

Anyway, GAF has some shots. Tecmo have hired Grasshopper to do the honours, and Nintendo themselves are overseeing the project.

GAF reckons it's "Fatal Frame 4", but the translation of the original Dengeki Online story seems to peg it as "Mask of Zero" or something similar (Zero being the game's original Japanese name).

Summer 2008 for Japan-o-land, anyway! Looks nice!
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:03:03 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aha!

The title is 'Rei ~Tsukihami no Kame~' or I suppose Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
  • Razz 30 Jan 2008 11:04:46 61,068 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    YES! \o/

Crimson Butterfly is still one of most scariest mindfuck games I've ever played. Looking forward to this! ^_______^

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• UncleLou Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:05:14 35,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Interesting! So it's an entirely new game, or a remake?

With RE4-like controls with the remote as a flashlight, please.
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:09:01 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seems to be a new game, not a remake. PZ controls have historically been more 'Silent Hill' than 'Resi 4', so don't get your hopes up for a big change. :-)

The lack of a '4' in the title gives me a little hope that the original PZ team are working on a 360/PS3 instalment with teh hi-d3fs.
  • Kami 30 Jan 2008 11:13:05 2,430 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    *cheers*

That looks from those shots utterly gorgeous, Crimson Butterfly was absolutely amazingly brilliant and I cannot wait for this.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:14:52 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Hmmm, I'm sure I created a thread about this..

Looks nice, PRODUCED and published by Nintendo 0_0
    They'd better not put fucking Mario in it! ^_^
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:15:39 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Kami wrote:
    *cheers*

That looks from those shots utterly gorgeous, Crimson Butterfly was absolutely amazingly brilliant and I cannot wait for this.
    It looks gorgeous but looks like cutscenes, I hope a similar effort is made with the in-game visuals.
    The PS2 versions looked very nice indeed, especially considering the hardware. They should at least match that! :-)
  • Retroid Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:31:34 44,512 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oooooh, this looks nice.

HURRAH for it being a new game too! \o/

/Must get around to completing PZ3
  • Kami 30 Jan 2008 11:40:58 2,430 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just remember to try and forget PZ and PZ2 and you'll enjoy PZ3 all the way. Kinda hard with the references to the two games but y'know...

And yes, PZ on the PS2 has been beautiful. PZ2 is still I think one of the most beautiful games you can buy, not just artistically either - the plot is sublime and heartbreaking. More of this would be excellent. On the Wii? Should be interesting.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 11:44:36 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PZ2 was definitely the best of the series, and my second-favourite survival horror of the generation (after Silent Hill 2).
  • Tonka 30 Jan 2008 11:56:46 20,222 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    GAF reckons it's "Fatal Frame 4", but the translation of the original story seems to peg it as "Mask of Zero" or something similar (Zero being the game's original Japanese name).

MAsk of Zorro would have been AWSUM!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• JinTypeNoir 30 Jan 2008 13:23:50 4,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Of course they didn't buy the IP. The series director and producer, Makoto Shibata and Keisuke Kikuchi (who as you know, also did the Deception series), and the team at Tecmo are still developing Zero: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, which is the proper fourth game in the series, as ever, just know with Grasshopper and Suda 51 on board as well. Nintendo will publish the title and overlook its development, who was quoted as saying since that development is going really well, and they really want to promote it aggressively since Nintendo will publish it. Thus, in this way, it's a three-way collaboration between the companies.

Details were scarce, but they did say the three key words to the game were the moon, mask and memory and that it's "image color" is yellow. Okay...what else do you except, everyone knows that some of Project Zero's development is a little...wrong in the head. (I'll never forget the guy who said the original game was a record of his true life experience.)

They ran a two-minute movie, which is where the shots are from and they're excited about using the Wiimote to enhance the game. (Well duh, Project Zero's one game that just screams for it.)

BTW, they also announced two DS games, one is the second game in the their series of adventure games based on popular mystery novelists' works, this time with a heavy Kyoto flair. You might remember last year, their last game topping the charts around October. (DS Suspense Murderous Intention bla bla) The other game is based on Penelope, apparently a French character from Georg Hallensleben and its a picture book/mini-game/quiz thing to be played with between parents and pre-school children on the DS.

What an odd trio. Hey, here's a very cute and safe and kind game for preschoolers! And look! A game about gruesome murders too! And look! Another game about scary ghosts with awful deaths! Quick, someone call the overreaction police, Tecmo are training our 3-years olds to solve murders and take pictures of ghosts! Oh my! :D
  • dirigiblebill 30 Jan 2008 13:26:08 1,634 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is the best idea anybody's had in a while :) Loved the PS2 originals, which I discovered after Silent Hill went downhill.
  • LeD 30 Jan 2008 13:35:38 6,234 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This particular game's mechanics suit the Wiimote right to the ground. It should work well.
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 13:45:43 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    seanraaron wrote:
    I know nothing of this series; I'm always game for a good horror title.
    Without wishing to drag this thread into yet another Wii troll-a-thon, this is something I keep seeing on here - Nintendo pick up the rights to game which was previously associated with another platform, Nintendo owners go "never heard of it, is it any good?". I sometimes wonder if changing platforms like this is actually good for the health of a series.
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 13:52:07 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    seanraaron wrote:
    Without wishing to drag this thread into yet another Wii troll-a-thon, this is something I keep seeing on here - Nintendo pick up the rights to game which was previously associated with another platform, Nintendo owners go "never heard of it, is it any good?". I sometimes wonder if changing platforms like this is actually good for the health of a series.

Didn't do RE any harm...
    Resident Evil is hardly a niche series though, is it? :-)
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 30 Jan 2008 13:55:40 7,008 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    seanraaron wrote:

Isn't the idea that you'll pull fans of the series to the new platform?
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 13:58:13 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    Isn't the idea that you'll pull fans of the series to the new platform?
    Almost certainly. Is there any proof that this actually works, though? :-)
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 13:59:01 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can already see the fanboy tears as this game gets made, released and then sells horribly.
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 14:02:18 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:
    I can already see the fanboy tears as this game gets made, released and then sells horribly.
    Why would it sell horribly?

hmmmm because every other adult orientated game bar RE4 Wii has sold like ass. oh also 3rd Party.

Im 100%, if they released the 4th game on the PS2 it would sell more copies.
  • JinTypeNoir 30 Jan 2008 14:08:29 4,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first three games sold around 50,000 to 70,000 copies in Japan. If it does better than that, then it will have been quite a success.

From these figures, you can probably also see why making the game on the 360 or PS3 isn't very feasible at this time.
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 14:10:22 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    The first three games sold around 50,000 to 70,000 copies in Japan. If it does better than that, then it will have been quite a success.

From these figures, you can probably also see why making the game on the 360 or PS3 isn't very feasible at this time.

Ill put 5 on the Wii game selling around ~30,000 at most. If its lucky. Which I doubt.
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 14:11:34 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:
    Why would it sell horribly?

hmmmm because every other adult orientated game bar RE4 Wii has sold like ass. oh also 3rd Party.

Im 100%, if they released the 4th game on the PS2 it would sell more copies.

Hmm, RE:UC on Wii has sold more than the first 3 games put together, Still so 100%?

Very much so. Zack and Wiki sold like ass, as did No More Heroes. The Fatal Frame series is not really anything like Resi either.
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 14:14:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Risky! :-D
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 14:18:04 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Risky! :-D
    I like life on the edge:-D

having Nintendo producing and publishing this will make quite a difference..
    Nah, I think you'll win that. If I was absolutezero I'd have at least made the bet "not outselling the others in the series".
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 14:24:02 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I imagine Fragile will sell in awful numbers aswell.

Think God Wii games cheap as chips to produce. Im comparison of course.
  • absolutezero 30 Jan 2008 14:33:15 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:
    I imagine Fragile will sell in awful numbers aswell.

Think God Wii games cheap as chips to produce. Im comparison of course.
    You seem to have this belief that no proper games will sell on the Wii in Japan...

Not quite that, its more no Non-Nintendo/New IP games will sell. Anywhere. On Wii.
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jan 2008 14:35:24 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They seem to have a hard enough time shifting non-licensed, non-big-name titles on any machine these days, but 3rd party Wii titles do seem to have a harder time of it than most.

I hope it does well, because it's a great series and it deserves success. Yet even as I say that, I know it'll be the first one in the series that I miss out on. Which makes me sad. ;_;
  • Megapocalypse 31 Jan 2008 00:33:27 5,388 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully this will be good as I enjoyed (not sure if thats the correct way of describing it; it terrified me at times) the atmosphere of the first game, but got fed up with the controls. Getting stuck on scenary and only being able to move at a snails pace really annoyed me, and made me stop playing. Never got round to trying the sequels so don't know if this was ever looked at.
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Previous