Can achievements be moved from one profile to another

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • SlackMaster 29 Jan 2008 14:11:19 3,134 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I recently signed up to xbox live but couldn't use my existing profile so in the end I setup a new profile.

The problem is I have over 6k's worth of achievements accumulated on my old profile. Is there any way of moving these over to my live profile?
  • elredeyegrande 29 Jan 2008 14:12:08 2,382 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope.

Why can't you use your old profile?
  • billythekid 29 Jan 2008 14:12:36 11,403 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think there is. I had exactly the same problem as you, so now I look like an online noob.
  • jellyhead 29 Jan 2008 14:14:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bloody hell, MS really didn't think about processes for transferring any user data at all did they? 0_o

This signature intentionally left blank.

• elredeyegrande 29 Jan 2008 14:18:23 2,382 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, you can set up your offline account into an online one. Thats what I did.

You have to sign into your offline account first. I think there's an option to make it into an online one then.
  • SlackMaster 29 Jan 2008 14:25:40 3,134 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elredeyegrande wrote:
    Nope.

If I try to use my old profile it wants me to sign up to xbox live again.

Just wondering if there is anyway I can transfer my points over and not look like a noob.
  • SomaticSense 29 Jan 2008 16:49:49 9,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elredeyegrande wrote:
    Nope.

It isn't necessarily quite as easy as that. I can't remember the specifics, but I couldn't use my old Xbox Live profile when signing up for Live on the 360.

I'd been using the same gamertag as my old Xbox for my 360 offline profile at first (SomaticSense), with the intention of renewing my Live account (which had been expired for about a year or so) when some worthwhile online games were released. The problem when eventually signing up was that the old Live signup was done with an old credit card, which I'd since cut and thrown away a couple of years previous, so I obviously didn't have the exact - to the unit (which MS demands)- details of when I first signed up so that I could renew.

As such I had to create a new profile from scratch, purely because I couldn't use my current gamertag online because 'someone else' already had it (which was me, the stupid MS idiots....). Now the fact that this meant I was starting at 0 gamerpoints didn't annoy me, but it was the fact that no game saves are transferred either. You're forced to start from scratch, which is a complete pain in the arse when you have a large games library.

This, plus the stupid thing of downloaded content not being related to the HDD you downloaded them onto, but the 360 (which is a big problem when your 360 RODD's and you buy a replacement 360) makes me pissed off at the complete fuck up MS have made over the 'user-friendliness' of the console.
  • OfflineProOnlineN00b 2 Jul 2009 11:34:01 2 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    I don't think there is. I had exactly the same problem as you, so now I look like an online noob.
    Had the Same Problem I had Over 16 k :'(
  • dunts 2 Jul 2009 11:37:00 4,218 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a bit harsh but there's no way to do it, i have a few k on another account. If it was possible people would just combine accounts all over the place to make crazy scores.
  • Retroid Moderator 2 Jul 2009 11:42:16 45,311 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just have my CC details written down in a secure text file, so if it's ever needed I can give those details and transfer stuff over to my new one.
  • Lutz 2 Jul 2009 11:43:19 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago

No, but they can be moved from one achievement binder to another achievement binder, should you need too.
  • OfflineProOnlineN00b 2 Jul 2009 11:52:07 2 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ms Sucks Dick Sometimes ..
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next