Best place to get a DS?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Phily50 17 Jan 2008 19:19:53 2,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As the title says really.

I preferably would like a US one what with the dollar being so pants at the mo.

Has anyone used gadget-asia.com before? Any good?

Cheers for the help in advance
  • BroonBottle 17 Jan 2008 20:41:32 193 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it really worth the effort of importing one? They're only 100 in the UK (when you can find one), so even with a good exchange rate, are you really going to save that much?

Amazon did have some for 100 today but it looks like they're sold out again now. I got one ordered just in time, yaaaay!!!
  • Phily50 18 Jan 2008 11:26:42 2,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    good point, just can't seem to find a UK supplier who have them in stock.

I want a blue one too which seem even harder to find
  • chrism_scotland 18 Jan 2008 12:43:45 440 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It seems odd that DS's seem to be in stock albeit sporadically everywhere but GAME, have they pissed Nintendo off over Christmas or something?
  • Saladin 18 Jan 2008 13:08:53 669 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chrism_scotland wrote:
    It seems odd that DS's seem to be in stock albeit sporadically everywhere but GAME, have they pissed Nintendo off over Christmas or something?

Didn't Nintendo slap their wrists about bundling Wii consoles for extra profits?
  • stoob 18 Jan 2008 13:48:19 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    you mean you can actually get a ds in the UK? I have been searching argos/tesco/currys/pcworld/etc since before xmas and cant get hold of one for love nor money and dont fancy being ripped of on ebay and paying 140 quid for one.
  • Phily50 18 Jan 2008 13:54:12 2,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hence why I wish to import one.

Going back to the original question has anyone used gadget-asia.com or playasia?? reliable???
  • chrism_scotland 18 Jan 2008 14:29:24 440 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    stoob wrote:
    you mean you can actually get a ds in the UK? I have been searching argos/tesco/currys/pcworld/etc since before xmas and cant get hold of one for love nor money and dont fancy being ripped of on ebay and paying 140 quid for one.

They seem to be available pretty regularly up here in Edinburgh, but GAME have never had any since my gf bought me mine just before Christmas.
  • Mr_Dodger 18 Jan 2008 15:08:43 263 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:

Going back to the original question has anyone used gadget-asia.com or playasia?? reliable???

Got mine from Gadget Asia, had zero problems. On their feedback comments some people have been hit by import duty, but that's not GA's fault.

Ordered mine on a Sunday and it came the next Thursday.
  • Phily50 18 Jan 2008 18:18:55 2,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Dodger wrote:
    Phily50 wrote:

Got mine from Gadget Asia, had zero problems. On their feedback comments some people have been hit by import duty, but that's not GA's fault.

Ordered mine on a Sunday and it came the next Thursday.

Cool thanx matey!!

/orders navy blue ds
  • Mr_Dodger 19 Jan 2008 01:42:43 263 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, nice one! Hope your experience is trouble free also :)

I decided to risk it as it was unclear just when any more stock was hitting the high street. Everywhere we asked said "Don't know".

The mother in law got one for chrimbo, and it'[s basically a Brain Age player. The mrs liked it and that helped the sell. FF III, IV and (soon) Revenant Wings here we come! :)
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Jan 2008 03:04:58 7,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Dodger wrote:

I decided to risk it as it was unclear just when any more stock was hitting the high street. Everywhere we asked said "Don't know".

The mother in law got one for chrimbo, and it'[s basically a Brain Age player. The mrs liked it and that helped the sell. FF III, IV and (soon) Revenant Wings here we come! :)

FFIII was a big disappointment to me. So much so that I am jubious about IV. Although I am looking forward to Revenant Wings.
  • Popzeus 19 Jan 2008 03:18:34 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Mr_Dodger wrote:

FFIII was a big disappointment to me. So much so that I am jubious about IV. Although I am looking forward to Revenant Wings.

Hmm, Revenant Wings is a bit meh - if you're expecting it to be a RPG, which it ain't. It's an RTS, which I found a bit.... meh...

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Razz 19 Jan 2008 03:19:42 59,993 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HMV Ocford Street has then in stock all th time. 99. Not sure if this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Popzeus 19 Jan 2008 03:22:18 8,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is never any shortage of DSes in Doncaster, if that helps.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• BroonBottle 19 Jan 2008 08:49:29 193 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get on to www.argos.co.uk - there's a stock checker and you can see what all of your local stores have and then reserve them for collection. Most are sold out but there was at least one near with Black DS'es for 100.
  • BroonBottle 19 Jan 2008 14:41:16 193 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    groovemeister wrote:
    BroonBottle wrote:
    Is it really worth the effort of importing one? They're only 100 in the UK (when you can find one), so even with a good exchange rate, are you really going to save that much?
    $150/76 for a DS with Nintendogs or Phantom Hourglass - limited edition too. Even with postage on top, it's much cheaper. A UK adaptor is 4 inc the p&p on eBay.

Much cheaper? 76 plus postage plus the cost of a UK adaptor. Maybe if you really want one of those games, but what if it's faulty? To me, it's too much hassle for the small amount that you save, but that's just my opinion.
  • siro 19 Jan 2008 15:50:56 1,823 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Mr_Dodger wrote:

I found FF3 to be fantastic. My fav DS game with only EBA and Puzzle Quest being near to it. 4th prolly Phantom Hourglass.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next