• Page

of 68 First / Last

Next
  • psychokitten Moderator 27 Jan 2012 12:09:40 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ChronoMizaki wrote:
    Bumping.

I have Bioshock 2 on Steam and I see that Minerva Den and that other DLC aren't on Steam. Is it possible to buy it from GFWL and it will be compatible with the Steam Version?
    I haven't tried but I would imagine it works, you buy it through GFWL rather than Steam (through the game, or GFWL menus).

I believe there is a play downloaded content menu option, IIRC.
  • ecureuil 10 Aug 2012 16:39:53 76,875 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So trying to play the PC version of this. I got it through Steam, but it only works with GFWL.

I sign in to GFWL program, then I load up the game, GFWL asks me to sign in again(?), so I sign in again and it says I need a patch, I press ok and the patch immediately fails to download, then it says to select my profile and nothing appears, I get a selection box that looks like it should have text in it with my profile name, so I press it and it says there's a problem with my profile and that I need to delete my profile and make a new one to fix the problem. So then I click to ignore all that shit and it says any saved data will be lost without signing in to GFWL, blah blah. Can I even play the game without this stuff?
  • Deckard1 10 Aug 2012 16:44:20 28,262 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you signed in to GFWL?
  • ecureuil 10 Aug 2012 16:54:51 76,875 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sign in, then it says I need to download an update and if I don't download it, then I'll be disconnected from LIVE. So I press OK, then the update fails and it signs me out automatically. So I sign in again and the cycle starts fresh. I can't download the update so I can't sign in. I'll reinstall the GFW program.
  • Deckard1 10 Aug 2012 16:56:32 28,262 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You need to sign in to GFWL
  • ecureuil 10 Aug 2012 17:10:24 76,875 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a problem with connecting to the GFWL service. Google says an uPnP issue, though uPnP is enabled on my router.
  • Deckard1 10 Aug 2012 17:26:12 28,262 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you tried signing in to GFWL?
  • TOOTR 14 Jan 2013 14:29:11 9,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyone stil got bio shock 2 kicking around as want to play around with multiplayer for some cheevs?
    Xbox 360

I'm kind of enjoying this :)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• psychokitten Moderator 14 Jan 2013 14:35:14 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The multiplayer is IMO pretty decent, good fun anyway.
    That said I doubt I'll get back to playing it again because my friends are mostly jerks who claim it's "shonky".

It's good fun, just beware of the level 50 rebirthers who use electrobolt + crossbow/elephant gun insta-kills. Urgh.
  • TOOTR 14 Jan 2013 14:49:15 9,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yes. Just found one of those fellow by the name of 'torn by shadows'.

Really colorful MP and a lot of fun.

• TOOTR 14 Jan 2013 14:50:59 9,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lots of people online still which is surprising.

• Deleted user 14 January 2013 16:15:59
    May have to try this again in that case. I remember trying mp a few months ago and kept getting annihilated. Is it not only the hardcore left?
  • TOOTR 15 Jan 2013 08:05:10 9,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok had some really fun games of Civil War (which is team slayer ) and then the level 50 wankers came in absolutely decimating everyone in sight.

I kept jumping out of games and coming back until they'd buggered off. One or two were on pretty much all day - I cannot fathom what pleasure they get from being massively overpowered to others. Twats.

To get away from them played a few games of capture little sisters (CTF in other words) and the atmosphere, voice overs etc were great. I found it really compelling.

So, yeah there are some dickheads running around and it's not an MP game I would play for days or weeks but for 5-10 hours while you level up and get cheevs it's much much MUCH better than I was lead to believe.

• Page

of 68 First / Last

Next