MediaLink media streaming for Macs to PS3 from Nullriver

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • beatleben 8 Jan 2008 09:51:27 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For those of you out there with Macs, the same guys who brought connect 360 for the Mac, they have now got a PS3 version called Medialink which has full UPNP support.

http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/medialink/

• istandfreed 8 Jan 2008 09:52:35 2,408 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Excellent, thanks for that beatleben :)

PSN: Ballszilla

• beatleben 8 Jan 2008 10:41:58 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    istandfreed wrote:
    Excellent, thanks for that beatleben :)

No problem. Must say the PS3 version is quicker and smoother than the Xbox 360 version.
  • todohogar 8 Jan 2008 15:48:15 59 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    >Looks dormant<
    So does this mean that my friend could from stream MP4 movies from his iMac to the PS3... via wireless?

beatleben wrote:
    For those of you out there with Macs, the same guys who brought connect 360 for the Mac, they have now got a PS3 version called Medialink which has full UPNP support.

http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/medialink/

• istandfreed 8 Jan 2008 16:15:19 2,408 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He can indeed, the PS3 would be able to see whats on his mac, photos, music, movies it would all be playable on his PS3 as long as they are in a PS3 supported format, all listed in the link.

PSN: Ballszilla

• JDub 9 Jan 2008 13:36:41 1,290 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, meant to post this last night! :)

Gave it a good workout and apart from a few v1.0 stutters and stalls, did the job very well.

iPhoto events and iTunes (non-DRM) tracks all played well and the fact you can browse the entire HD + Custom folders makes it all very useful. Even played a couple of large HD DivX files over the network with little complaint.

I just updated to v1.02, so I gather the last minute bug fixing, etc. is underway...

Well worth a tenner!
  • beatleben 9 Jan 2008 17:42:35 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JDub wrote:
    Ah, meant to post this last night! :)

Gave it a good workout and apart from a few v1.0 stutters and stalls, did the job very well.

iPhoto events and iTunes (non-DRM) tracks all played well and the fact you can browse the entire HD + Custom folders makes it all very useful. Even played a couple of large HD DivX files over the network with little complaint.

I just updated to v1.02, so I gather the last minute bug fixing, etc. is underway...

Well worth a tenner!

I have had no problems with large DIVX files at all.

Though if you looks at Nullriver product page http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/medialink it says at the top of the page Note: AAC support is coming soon. :-)
  • preetyforu 9 Jan 2008 19:13:03 12 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    people are having trouble with AAC and M4A formats, but that's something we're sure a few people don't really care about. Give it a shot, let us know what you think.

preety
    webmaster
    http://www.entertainmentvenues.org
  • JDub 9 Jan 2008 21:33:50 1,290 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I did have a good related result tonight tho - I had a couple of DivX files that wouldn't play and thought running them through VisualHub with passthrough set on both video and audio might do the trick. Only took 2 mins to rewrite the file.

Lo and behold it worked.

All worky very nicely!! :)
  • Deleted user 9 January 2008 23:05:54
    Any of these work with album art?
  • beatleben 11 Jan 2008 15:38:05 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's now been upgraded to 1.2 for bug fixes and added AAC support hooray

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33760

• Carlo 26 Oct 2008 00:22:06 18,178 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's on 1.59 now.

I just bought an iMac 20" today, after getting some epically convincing arguments from the Apple store for home integration, and this was one of the underpinning technologies I need to get everything talking to each other.

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • greg_wha 5 Aug 2013 18:59:21 192 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone still using this? It streams HD flawlessly but I've got an issue with it and their customer support is lazy. All my TV Shows are organised and tagged properly in iTunes but appear in a long random list on the PS3. I managed to get them divided into Shows by naming them in the Album field in iTunes but the episodes are still in a random order. Dunno where to go from here.

Edited by greg_wha at 19:41:25 05-08-2013
  • krushing 8 Aug 2013 09:05:10 777 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still using this, yep. I've tried contacting their support twice or thrice and I don't think they've ever answered me.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next