Sly Collection + Sly 4 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • andywilkie35 20 Jan 2012 14:47:48 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If that's the case I might do Sly 3 soon then - Sly 2 was ok but felt the same as mentioned above really

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• DSR3 20 Jan 2012 14:51:51 265 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally, I feel that Sly 2 was MUCH better than Sly 1, still like Sly 1 though.
  • Charlie_Miso 9 Feb 2012 00:25:30 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished Sly 2 last night (felt a little guilty abut grinding 800 coins for the last item from ThiefNet for the last trophy but a platinum is a platinum)

Overall good game, the hubs got better and better as the game went on but only got better to play as Sly. The last level the airship was TERRIBLE as the 2 chumps. A couple of times after missions you were dumped at the other end, as one of them, and had to get back to the safehouse. BORING.

I did like the Bentley hacking stuff.

Final boss battle was strangely subdued.

There was a wonderful game in there if only each time I only had to pickpocket one key, not five. Or destroy one generator, not six. Or hack 1 terminal, not 4.

So that's three platinums I now have. Sly 1, Sly 2 and Infamous 2. Well played Sucker Punch.
  • Charlie_Miso 10 Sep 2012 06:36:43 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So in Sly 3 they've taken the worse bits of Sly 2, not playing as Sly, and punched it up to 11 by adding even more dickheads
  • Flying_Pig 10 Sep 2012 08:03:44 10,687 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Charlie_Miso wrote:
    So in Sly 3 they've taken the worse bits of Sly 2, not playing as Sly, and punched it up to 11 by adding even more dickheads
    Oh. I pretty much shared your views on Sly 2, but was hoping for a return to form in Sly 3... :(
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Sep 2012 08:12:47 23,225 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well there might be more playing as sidekicks in 3, but they're a lot more fleshed out - they can do a lot more moves etc than they could as 2. You never quite feel the same amount of power as you do Sly, but it's not as bad as 2 IMO.

Plus they tend to have a specific power or something that they can use that Sly can't.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Charlie_Miso 12 Sep 2012 03:39:20 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So finished up Sly 3 - final thoughts;

I guess i the end it was worth playing through to the end - the last bit is Sly 1 at it's best with some outstanding platforming. I also loved 80% of the penultimate level - pirates ftw.

But that 20% - man oh man - that was terrible, playing as the frogman and sums up my issues with Sly 3.

Sure these other characters have other abilities but who cares when they are no fun to play (looking at you Guru - you can possess enemies that makes them difficult to control as they run really fast, or you can turn into a fucking rock. Great. Thanks. Ability of the forever there, to play as an inanimate object.)?

And you keep getting thrown into the mingames where you have no idea what you're meant to do or how they control. Once I died three times before I managed to survive enough to get through the damn instructions to play the bit. That's shit. Did like the flying. But all the car, underwater, helicopter, gondola, trucking, turret, rowing, bits were awful.

The thought of that rat and turtle fucking is a bit wrong.

Hype levels for Sly 4 dead in the water if the format remains the same.

@Flying_Pig - More of the same but if you could get through 2 this has the advantage of being shorter.

And some might prefer how it's a lot more mixed up. I just felt they threw everything at it in the hopes that some would be fun

Edited by Charlie_Miso at 03:42:16 12-09-2012

Edited by Charlie_Miso at 03:42:44 12-09-2012
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next