Curry!!

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
  • Deleted user 1 January 2008 18:57:32
    when your pissed up, what do you order?

    Me,

    Onion bhaji
    chicken biryani
    sag aloo
    keema naan

    or sometimes

    onion bhaji (love em XD)
    chicken saag
    dry veg
    3X chapati

    .... yummy =p
  • ProfessorLesser 1 Jan 2008 19:06:07 19,356 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chicken ceylon, pilau rice, keema nan, Bangla, win.
  • crashVoodoo 1 Jan 2008 19:08:59 3,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    its always a chicken dish, don't get on with other meats in a curry for some reason.

    whatever it is tho, it has to have a lot of sauce so i can use my naan bread to scoop :)
    other items depend on place/taste but regularly include a bhaji or two.

    a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

  • Deleted user 1 January 2008 19:19:06
    also, have you ever ordered something to too hot by mistake >.<
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Jan 2008 19:21:14 24,983 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chicken Tikka, Tarka Daal, Chapati or Roti
  • rare_uk 1 Jan 2008 19:26:45 3,562 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    when your pissed up, what do you order?

    What do you mean, when you're pissed? I like to eat my Indian food sober sunshine, and when I do, I order Chicken Samber and 3 chapatti's.

    Edit: I also try to boycott the oily restaurants too. Fucking heart-attack pushers!
  • cubbymoore 1 Jan 2008 19:27:18 36,478 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LAMB BHUNA.
  • Megapocalypse 1 Jan 2008 19:33:19 5,374 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chicken Jalfrezi usually.
  • wobbler147 1 Jan 2008 19:42:44 5,138 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    its always a chicken dish, don't get on with other meats in a curry for some reason.

    whatever it is tho, it has to have a lot of sauce so i can use my naan bread to scoop :)
    other items depend on place/taste but regularly include a bhaji or two.

    You are me AICM£5 ;)
  • LeoliansBro 1 Jan 2008 20:24:43 43,672 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lanb Dhansak and Tarka Dall.

    Ooooh, now there's a thought.

    /speed-dials

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • LeoliansBro 1 Jan 2008 20:34:17 43,672 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    I've never got this English habit of going for an Indian when you're bloated with beer..

    I enjoy a nice curry now and again but Thai >>>>>> Indian

    Its a kebab mentality. Ghee >>>>>>> Coconut milk and Big Fuck-Off Chillis >>>>>>>> Arsing about with lemon grass.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • DaisyD 1 Jan 2008 20:35:24 11,818 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why do I have to be pissed to order a curry?
  • ecureuil 1 Jan 2008 20:36:10 76,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food, so I always stick to chicken tikka masala, rice and naan bread. I don't like spicy foods so that's half of all Indian cuisine written off from the beginning for me.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2008 20:37:43
    A nice hot Madras ftw.

    But by God I'm glad I don't drink larger - I have no idea how my stomach could cope with the volume!
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Jan 2008 20:41:31 24,983 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't stand anything coconut-y at all, which is odd as I bloody love coconuts.

    In fact I generally hate the combination of fruit and meat.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Jan 2008 20:42:02 39,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How the fuck can anyone eat keema naan? It's practically pure death!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • ecureuil 1 Jan 2008 20:42:46 76,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food, so I always stick to chicken tikka masala, rice and naan bread. I don't like spicy foods so that's half of all Indian cuisine written off from the beginning for me.
    Big.girl's.blouse.

    Yes yes. I can't see the appeal of food that's so hot it destroys the taste of the meal. My local pizza parlour has started putting some chili powder or something on their pizza's. You can still taste that the pizza is good, but unfortunately it's ruined by the pain of the ridiculously hot food. I guess people react differently to it, though.
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Jan 2008 20:43:28 24,983 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    How the fuck can anyone eat keema naan? It's practically pure death!


    God I love that! It's practically a meal in itself. Lovely.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 1 Jan 2008 20:53:25 7,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food, so I always stick to chicken tikka masala, rice and naan bread. I don't like spicy foods so that's half of all Indian cuisine written off from the beginning for me.
    Big.girl's.blouse.

    Yes yes. I can't see the appeal of food that's so hot it destroys the taste of the meal. My local pizza parlour has started putting some chili powder or something on their pizza's. You can still taste that the pizza is good, but unfortunately it's ruined by the pain of the ridiculously hot food. I guess people react differently to it, though.

    You've just been to shit curry houses I'd guess. Good curry should be spicy, but not to the point of destroying the flavour.
  • GitSomE_UK 1 Jan 2008 21:28:00 1,210 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    How the fuck can anyone eat keema naan? It's practically pure death!


    I love keema nan, mop up any remaining curry in the bowl.... lovely.
  • Lexx87 1 Jan 2008 21:56:32 20,869 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chicken spinich madras, normal naan (fuck this keema shite) and to start chicken tika. Or lamb if i'm bored of chicken.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • PinkSpider 1 Jan 2008 22:25:53 3,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Poppadoms
    Chapattis
    Onion Bhaji
    Chana Dahl (I love chick peas)

    And perhaps a naan bread.

    Love that little salad you get with it sometimes too :D
  • ecureuil 1 Jan 2008 22:33:37 76,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food, so I always stick to chicken tikka masala, rice and naan bread. I don't like spicy foods so that's half of all Indian cuisine written off from the beginning for me.
    Big.girl's.blouse.

    Yes yes. I can't see the appeal of food that's so hot it destroys the taste of the meal. My local pizza parlour has started putting some chili powder or something on their pizza's. You can still taste that the pizza is good, but unfortunately it's ruined by the pain of the ridiculously hot food. I guess people react differently to it, though.

    You've just been to shit curry houses I'd guess. Good curry should be spicy, but not to the point of destroying the flavour.

    Maybe that's what happened. I hope so, at least. I know certain people experience hot foods differently though. What's hot to one person may be mild to another. I've rarely eaten any hot foods that I didn't think would be better if they weren't hot at all, I can't quite see what it adds, but there you go..
  • Deleted user 2 January 2008 00:03:01
    DaisyD wrote:
    Why do I have to be pissed to order a curry?
    hey, its pretty much essential. what fun is it if you can see the door to the restaurant? >=/
  • gammonbanter 2 Jan 2008 00:13:49 1,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PinkSpider wrote:

    Love that little salad you get with it sometimes too :D

    It's the only time when I enjoy eating raw onion!

    We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Sep 2010 12:34:24 39,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was wondering.

    How do you people eat your curry's?

    I notice you white mix all your curry into rice and then dip your naan/bread into the mixture.

    I find that quite odd as I've always eaten the curry with the naan/bread and then mixed the rice in with the curry once I'm done with the rice.

    That's how it's supposed to be done by the way :)

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply