Experience 112 - most interesting game you're not going to play this winter

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • SuperBas 30 Dec 2007 19:06:53 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No word on this on the entire Interwebs. It's an adventure game from the guys that did In Memoriam, and its premise sounds interesting, to say the least. You wake up on a big rusty boat, not remembering anything (or it would have been a short game). There's just a silent computer monitor in a corner of the room you're in, and it shows a camera feed. There's a woman on the screen whom you can't communicate with at all. You do have full control over all aspects of the ship from your desktop. This includes lights, doors, and other stuff. Your job? Find out what's going on, and get the woman to safety.

http://www.experience112.com/

The demo installer won't work for me, maybe somebody else will have more luck?
  • Master_Miller 31 Dec 2007 13:57:05 1,642 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I'm only not playing it because the installer is b0rked!

I'm genuinely annoyed because I liked the premise and it really doesn't bode well for them if they can't release a working demo.

/rant

Anyone manage to get this working?
  • mrharvest 31 Dec 2007 14:00:05 5,198 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The trailer looks really neat but I don't have Windows so I wouldn't be playing it anyway.
  • Sar 31 Dec 2007 14:29:33 275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Intriguing...
  • Deleted user 31 December 2007 16:30:12
    In Memoriam was a big pile of wank, though. The e-mail/web browsing gimmick couldn't hide it being nothing but a collection of pretty poor flash games.
  • Retroid Moderator 2 Jan 2008 13:33:41 44,782 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The demo on their site is twatted; Mrs Retroid & her sister tried downloading it just before New Year's, she tried again last night and I've just tried downloading it with a DL manager and apparently it's still corrupt.

Anyone had any luck?
  • RedboX 2 Jan 2008 13:38:46 2,431 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The direct link to the download seems to be

here

The javascript popup might be causing some problems....
  • SuperBas 2 Jan 2008 21:26:47 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope, still not running. I wonder how the heck they missed that part?
  • steoc4 2 Jan 2008 21:29:06 1,657 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Corrupt for me too.

Pity, because it sounds interesting.

Kinda like Sleepwalker for the Megadrive(?) which I never played but always thought sounded cool.
  • SuperBas 2 Jan 2008 21:34:44 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I went to http://www.lexis-games.com/, went to "contacts" on the left tab, filled in the first three fields with my (fake) last name (make it sound French so the cheese eaters will pay attention), (real) first name, email, and then the complaint (in English).

Concerned department is probably the webmaster. Press envoyer and you're done complaining. If enough people do it, they won't think I'm alone, and that I should shut up (even though I should).
  • Trowel 2 Jan 2008 21:53:04 17,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Found this on another forum:
    Just received an email from Djamil from Lexicon,the developer of Experience 112, informing me that Micro App, the publisher,will be closed untile the 2nd of January:Djamil very kindly forwarded my email to Micro App,but looks like everyone is in holiday.
    Until then, you can download le demo en Francais from here which should give a good idea of how it plays.
  • SuperBas 5 Jan 2008 21:21:04 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.amazon.com/Dreamcatcher-PCO54850MB-The-Experiment/dp/B000NKNB4Y

Original boxart. This goes on sale here February 1st. I'm just going to buy it blindly, and let you guys know if it's any good.
  • Lexx87 5 Jan 2008 21:24:30 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that sounds reasonable

Speak the truth hussy!

• SuperBas 19 Jan 2008 21:05:16 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bump

The demo now works, I'm installing it as I type.

Edit: crashes when you open more than one window, which is incredibly frustrating. But you get a great impression of how it works. I'm just going to pray they fix that oversight (one of many probably) so you can play it from start to finish.
  • Master_Miller 19 Jan 2008 21:20:56 1,642 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great, unfortunatly I just discovered I only have 2 gigabytes left on my hardrive! /o\

Will install after some rigourous cleaning.
  • haowan 19 Jan 2008 22:54:37 7,384 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice one SuperBas, will check this out.
  • FixedInfinity 11 Feb 2008 23:09:40 1,682 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Downloaded this a bit earlier.
    The dialogue is bloody awful, but it is a very good concept.
    The whole idea of being in control of someone elses life (i'm guessing it touches on this later on?), yet you can't physically help them at all gives a very strange feeling.
  • funkstar 11 Feb 2008 23:47:49 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    tried the demo, found it more frustrating than anything :(
    sounded like a great idea, i just didnt get on with it

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• UncleLou Moderator 11 Feb 2008 23:50:52 35,558 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Terrible controls or rather interface, with the windows constantly needing resizing, moving, closing, or overlapping each other, fiddly clicking on the map, etc.

Interesting idea, but infinitely tedious after only a few minutes.
  • AceCrikey 16 Feb 2008 22:10:35 18 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just played through the demo and quite enjoyed it. Interesting concept and it looks as though the story could get quite good. Didn't have too much trouble with the camera windows, etc, although I can imagine later on in the game when (probably) more windows will be needed it'll get a little cramped.

Anyone know the release date for this?
  • Bru-Man 18 Feb 2008 00:07:41 200 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just downloading this now.

Seems similar in concept to Lifeline on the PS2. You were trapped in the security room of this orbiting space hotel after some random monster disaster. Using the CCTV system you could see this waitress and could "talk" to her with a USB headset and basic voice recognition code. You could give her directions, say yes/no and tell her to shoot or run, that sort of thing.

Wikipedia Link

EDIT: Corrected link - duh me!
  • funkstar 18 Feb 2008 00:30:05 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AceCrikey wrote:
    Just played through the demo and quite enjoyed it. Interesting concept and it looks as though the story could get quite good. Didn't have too much trouble with the camera windows, etc, although I can imagine later on in the game when (probably) more windows will be needed it'll get a little cramped.

Anyone know the release date for this?

afaik its been released

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• SuperBas 18 Feb 2008 08:16:23 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's been released, but I've been unable to pick it up, as I lack the funds. Will do later though. Maybe today.

My guess is this game would score a 6 on EG, with the reviewer noting "I really wanted to give this game a 7, but due to (....) I'm sad to give it a 6."
    Or something.
  • SuperBas 18 Feb 2008 15:28:28 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bought it, but promptly brought it back to the store when I found out it had been localized to Dutch. This will not do! I got Tabula Rasa instead. I'll let you guys know at another time again.
  • Bru-Man 18 Feb 2008 20:22:31 200 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Played this now and it's definitely piqued my interest.
    Script is a bit poor and Lea's voice randomly changes emotion with each line but gameplay-wise it's definitely unique.

Cameras were pissing me off a bit until I realised it only lets you have a max of 3 active at one time anyway - so saves a lot of fiddling there. I liked getting access to the computer system and reading emails/documents. Bit that annoyed me the most was the bloody robot. Spent half-an-hour at least trying to get him into the right position to pick up the keycard but he didn't do it. Only then did I completely by chance spot the unmarked button that magnetised it's arm and picked it up for you :E
    (FYI it's in the centre of the robot direction controls.)

Think I'll have to track this down.
  • SuperBas 20 Feb 2008 21:37:10 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got hold of an English copy. It's an interesting game, and breaking into the profiles of other people and reading their things is exciting. There's an interesting story, but I think I already understood the big twist half an hour into the game. Nevertheless, I spend most of this evening playing this. I'd rate it a 7, due to graphics being a bit poor, and the controls being very fiddly. But the concept and gameplay are exciting.
  • AceCrikey 25 Feb 2008 23:36:28 18 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Where abouts did you get it from? I've not been able to find it anywhere.
  • Dynamize 26 Feb 2008 00:27:48 1,672 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I'd like to know where to get my hands on this too.

The demo got me really interested, even though it seemed the "twist" in the plot shouts and waves at you from the screen.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of a UK release, or a direct from publisher mail-order link, or anything.
    Having to import from Amazon.com seems a bit much.
  • SuperBas 26 Feb 2008 07:02:26 1,453 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The seven seas!

I also have an English one ordered from Amazon, which should reach me somewhere this week. Not that the voice acting is any good in English, but it's less annoying than the Dutch ones.
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Mar 2008 16:03:42 35,558 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eurogamer.de just gave this 9/10, calling it a "masterpiece". I might have to have another look and try not to get too impatient with the interface.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous