Error Code: 051030/051330

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Riala 30 Dec 2007 11:27:56 95 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I keep getting this code (051030 or 051330) whenever I try to go to the Wii Shopping Channel.

It does not happen when I go to any other channel (Weather, News, Mii Contest) and I am able to send messages to my friends.

Is this just a large number of Wii users all trying to connect to the shop and it can not handle that amount, or is there something wrong with my Wii?
  • Pirotic Moderator 30 Dec 2007 11:32:06 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    what colour is it?

.. sorry, couldn't resist.

051030 is a 'too busy' error, so it's probably an issue with Nintendo's servers rather than your wii.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2007 11:35:13
    Have you used the shop before without problems? If so, have you changed any network settings or altered the network itself in any way since you last accessed the shop?

The first code suggests the shop is busy but the second one seems like it could be related to network issues.
  • rare_uk 30 Dec 2007 11:35:34 3,569 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lame really, couldn't they have just said "Servers are busy". Infact everything to do with Ninty atm is busy. I had problems before chrimbo trying to convert stars to Wii points - they'd sold out by the time I got into it;.
  • Riala 30 Dec 2007 11:39:50 95 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thank you all. I got 2000 points for Christmas, and I am itching to spend them, not been able to connect since boxing day!!

nekotcha: Never had problems with the shop before, not changed any of my settings.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2007 11:49:27
    How long have you been getting this problem? And how often do you get each of the error messages?
  • Micro_Explosion 30 Dec 2007 12:05:01 9,695 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another thing worth trying - assuming you are on wireless, switch it to channel 11. For some reason it prefers using that channel and typically gives a better connection.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 30 Dec 2007 12:24:36 7,301 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Micro_Explosion wrote:
    Another thing worth trying - assuming you are on wireless, switch it to channel 11. For some reason it prefers using that channel and typically gives a better connection.

That has nothing to do with the Wii but is probably due to other wireless lans in the area. The channels are nothing more but an easier way to identify the exact frequency the wireless lan uses with every channel being 5 mhz apart. Channel 1 being 2412 mhz, channel 2 being 2417 mhz up to channel 13 which uses 2472 mhz.

The protocol requires 25 mhz of channel seperation (5 channels) of WLANs close to each other or there will be interference. So if your neighbour uses channel 6 and you use channel 6 as well there could be interference, depending on how strong his signal is in your home. However he could also be using channel 11 so if you switch to channel 11 it could be that it's even worse than before.

Switching to channel 11 isn't a magical solution, you might as well switch to channel 1 and see what happens. Most wireless routers use channel 6 or 7 out of the box that's why there can be problems sometimes when you don't change your wireless settings and there are a couple of other wireless lans close to you.
  • Riala 30 Dec 2007 12:51:51 95 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How long have you been getting this problem? And how often do you get each of the error messages?

...not been able to connect since boxing day!!
  • Deleted user 30 December 2007 13:01:28
    What sort of setup are you using? Just a modem connected to a wireless router that the Wii then connects to? I presume you're posting using a PC - is that connecting wirelessly to the router as well?

Also, I'd try the channel swapping that Der tolle Emil suggests - of all the problems I've ever had with wireless networking, this has been by far the most common (and it sometimes affects one machine more than another, for some reason - even when they're in the same place).
  • Micro_Explosion 30 Dec 2007 13:10:51 9,695 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    Micro_Explosion wrote:

That has nothing to do with the Wii but is probably due to other wireless lans in the area.

Except that at one point Nintendo recommended using Channel 11 if you were getting problems connecting due to a fault with the Wii/Firmware as for reasons that I can't remember, it liked that channel. They may have fixed that since then.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next