Forza 2 Question

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • JaysonG 27 Dec 2007 17:45:57 828 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does anyone know if you can still buy the Collector's Edition cars in the Auction House if you own the normal version of the game?

I'm going to pick up the normal version later on today, but I have a mild form of OCD about not missing out on anything.
  • KD 27 Dec 2007 17:52:43 725 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nope you cant auction or gift any bonus cars, collectors edition or dlc cars
  • JaysonG 27 Dec 2007 20:28:12 828 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah thanks for the reply. Would renting the collectors edition then buying the cars be a way around that?
  • Furbs 27 Dec 2007 20:30:45 45,699 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The collectors edition came with a scratch card that you had to use to get the cars. So only way is going to be to buy it new.

You're really not missing anything, I promise.
  • Red-Moose 27 Dec 2007 20:36:24 5,345 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JaysonG wrote:

.. but I have a mild form of OCD about not missing out on anything.

You are absolutely fucked then on Live I would think. DO not get GT5 or a PS3 as they will be releasing loads of pay per car/track stuff apparently.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 16 Feb 2008 11:47:40 7,301 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't just go out and buy the DLC. There is so much content in the game already - play a bit of the career mode, you will get more than enough cars etc. Unless there is a car you really want that is only available as DLC then you could get it, but otherwise I don't think you will miss out on anything.
  • Psychotext 16 Feb 2008 12:26:55 55,057 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you find yourself playing online a lot then it's probably best to grab the tracks so you don't miss out. I haven't really bothered buying the cars.
  • GloatingSwine 17 Feb 2008 01:51:11 2,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't say you need the cars. Nice to have, once you've already got all the ones in the game anyway, but since there's shitloads already in there, it's not like you'll be wanting for choice.

The DLC packs are about 10 cars for 400 points, so they're not badly priced if you want them.
  • Res 17 Feb 2008 10:45:36 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    here?
  • Dixons 2 Mar 2008 15:00:17 1,230 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have no intention of playing through the career mode, just want to tune and race my favourite Jap imports online. How long do you think I'll need to spend in the career initially in order to buy my first car, tune it up to a decent standard, and then set up a self-generating cycle of winning credits online in order to fund further purchases and upgrades and never have to play offline again?
  • matrim83 2 Mar 2008 18:20:35 5,597 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm I am really thinking about getting this as its dirt cheap. But I am a bit of a noob when it comes to cars and racing games. So I am wondering how accesible is this?

I am not looking for a pick and play game as Burnout could do that better. I was thinking this could be the intro game for me to car sims.

Valar morghulis.

• Dixons 2 Mar 2008 21:51:53 1,230 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Going by Forza 1, definitely. It's a very tailorable game and the skill/reward ratio adjusts accordingly. No racing game better bridges the gap between hardcore sim and accessibility, and indeed with all the sim options dialled up to 11, Forza makes a damned fine racing simulation to boot.
  • GloatingSwine 2 Mar 2008 22:01:34 2,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to get into, there are a range of different difficulty options, driver aids, so you can pretty much set the game up to suit your own level of skill with driving games.

Plus, obviously, lots and lots of cars to get nerdy about.
  • Dixons 11 Mar 2008 20:57:50 1,230 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dixons wrote:
    I have no intention of playing through the career mode, just want to tune and race my favourite Jap imports online. How long do you think I'll need to spend in the career initially in order to buy my first car, tune it up to a decent standard, and then set up a self-generating cycle of winning credits online in order to fund further purchases and upgrades and never have to play offline again?
    If at first you don't succeed...

On a related note, the DLC cars. If you buy them, can you use them online to earn credits straight away, thus circumventing the solo career mode entirely?
  • GloatingSwine 12 Mar 2008 00:16:25 2,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You still have to buy them with ingame money.

How much you have to play the career mode will depend on how good you are though. The game gives you your first car, so technically you could jump straight in and try and find matches at around the same performance rating as your own car, but you'd probably need to at least buy something decent before you started winning anything, even using the starting cash for the optimal low performance rating impact modifications will only take a starting car so far.
  • Merlynov 22 Jan 2009 23:15:16 21 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Make sure you have bought all the cars from that region if you are after the achievements and are going to switch regions as it cost more every time you switch ie 100,000 1st switch, 500,000 2nd switch, unsure about 3rd. You will be on the same level but will have to level up to unlock cars from that region so try to get as far as you can in 1 region 1st.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next