Annoying Idiot on Live

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Rez 21 Dec 2007 22:19:33 42 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gah... some moron on Xbox Live has been sending me messages the past few days. His Gamertag is "Maddog machine" and he's been sending stuff like this:

"Cmon people stand an be counted XBX LIVE SHUD BE FREE ....microsoft has its own currency dnt u C you are paying for dwnlds u cud be paying over the odds who's to say.....xbx is media they are using it for advertisig selling music and now movies..
    the dnt need your membership fee but they will hapily take it....CODE OF CONDUCT be counted .....if it was free they would still make billions .."

Needless to say, I messaged him back for as long as I could be bothered to hear what insults he could come up with, one of which was:

"look m8 do me a favour ..go an stik ur head in the sand ...or up ur arse whatever u prefer"

Amazing.
  • FWB 21 Dec 2007 22:21:56 44,228 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You got my message then? Cool.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Dec 2007 22:22:46 11,292 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rez! /drools

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• NewYork 21 Dec 2007 22:23:02 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • NewYork 21 Dec 2007 22:23:09 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'd think XBox Live users would be all sophisti-mi-cated, considering they're paying for entry.
  • GuiltySpark 21 Dec 2007 22:24:03 6,362 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hate people like that, I really do. Trying to explain things like logic and reason to them is useless.

Get bent.

• Arcadiian 21 Dec 2007 22:25:34 830 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had loads of those messages. A lot of people have "XBOX LIVE 4 FREE" (or something like that) as their motto. I'm not sure if its coincidence, but every single one of them i've met has been an idiot. o_O
  • GuiltySpark 21 Dec 2007 22:27:41 6,362 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo_3-Liverpool_0 wrote:
    the price of apples and how you shouldn't have to pay for them because they grow on trees and stuff did he?

Wait... Omigawd, you're right!

/starts apple uprising

Get bent.

• NewYork 21 Dec 2007 22:27:46 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best to through logic out the window, pretend to be outlandishly religious, and try to convert him.
  • Micro_Explosion 21 Dec 2007 22:28:43 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You could use the option where it says something like 'block communication with this user'.

Just a thought.
  • GuiltySpark 21 Dec 2007 22:29:58 6,362 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Micro_Explosion wrote:
    You could use the option where it says something like 'block communication with this user'.

Just a thought.

You're still left with the deep unnerving feeling that humanity is a collective fucktard though.

Where's the option to block that, eh!?

Get bent.

• Micro_Explosion 21 Dec 2007 22:36:16 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Micro_Explosion wrote:

Just a thought.

You're still left with the deep unnerving feeling that humanity is a collective fucktard though.

I'll be dealing with them shortly. For good.

G(-'.'G)

• LeoliansBro 21 Dec 2007 22:38:54 43,816 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Annoying idiot on Live' merits its own thread?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• NewYork 21 Dec 2007 22:39:38 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Micro_Explosion wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Micro_Explosion wrote:

Just a thought.

G(-'.'G)

Are you going to INHALE THEM?!?!
  • Retroid Moderator 21 Dec 2007 22:39:55 44,512 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    It is, though.

/Killing spree
  • Micro_Explosion 21 Dec 2007 22:40:57 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NewYork wrote:
    Micro_Explosion wrote:

G(-'.'G)

Are you going to INHALE THEM?!?!

Yep. I just need to work out how to turn into a weird cloud like blob thing first.
  • Luvbeers 24 Dec 2007 11:20:36 918 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    XBL = A game that MS launches every year and sells 7 million copies. Not a bad business strategy!
  • LeoliansBro 24 Dec 2007 11:25:53 43,816 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We need a thread to tell us there are idiots on Live?

• Metalfish 24 Dec 2007 11:30:30 8,818 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Leolian'sBro in reusing joke shocker!
  • GloatingSwine 24 Dec 2007 11:43:38 2,668 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Micro_Explosion wrote:

Just a thought.

Down the pub, two fifty a pint.
  • Metalfish 24 Dec 2007 11:55:26 8,818 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should really give my girlfriend the headset*, as (mild boast warning**) I'm usually at the top of the scoreboard on CoD4, with her soft feminine voice we could shame the 'tards into submission/recieve dozens of marrage proposals/get wearily tired at how imature the majority of live users are -one of the 3 anyway.

*No, I shouldn't.

**Does boasting about how good you are at games impress anyone?
  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Dec 2007 12:04:07 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've seen a few 'xbox live should be free' motto's on my friends list, which is EG'ers.. so we one in our ranks!

Anyhow, It's like I was saying in cod4 the other day, everybody is a fucktard and we should get some guns, go to a school and shoot loads of them up.

who the fuck is banging on my door this early in the morning?

/goes to jail
  • Metalfish 24 Dec 2007 12:11:52 8,818 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    /goes to jail
    Dear non-specific-deity, I hope I don't have to play Monopoly this Chrimbo.
  • Deleted user 24 December 2007 12:13:13
    Here's an idea, and I'll just throw it out there because it is a bit radical.

How about you delete him from your list and ignore his messages?
  • LeoliansBro 24 Dec 2007 12:14:00 43,816 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    Leolian'sBro in reusing joke shocker!

BLAST!

• wobbly_Bob 24 Dec 2007 15:01:10 1,714 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The thing I find amusing that many of those screaming for it to be free, are in fact, paying for said live. Isn't that kinda hypocriticall? If I felt that passionate about it I wouldn't use it. Vote with your feet, people. Don't scream for it to be free when you pay for it. You don't see many people tucking into a big steak and then claiming meat is murder!

EDIT: Fixed for poor spelling o_O
  • ecureuil 24 Dec 2007 15:03:12 76,723 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Rez! /drools

+1
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Dec 2007 15:16:14 1,714 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The thing I find amusing that many of those screaming for it to be free, are in fact, paying for said live. Isn't that kinda hypercritical? If I felt that passionate about it I wouldn't use it. Vote with your feet, people. Don't scream for it to be free when you pay for it. You don't see many people tucking into a big steak and then claiming meat is murder!

Yes, they are being a little too critical.

Thanks. I meant hypocritical :-P I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go as my secretary since your knees are far too hairy... Well, that fact you are even wearing a dress is a little scary ;-)
  • ecureuil 24 Dec 2007 15:24:36 76,723 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The thing I find amusing that many of those screaming for it to be free, are in fact, paying for said live. Isn't that kinda hypocriticall? If I felt that passionate about it I wouldn't use it. Vote with your feet, people. Don't scream for it to be free when you pay for it. You don't see many people tucking into a big steak and then claiming meat is murder!

EDIT: Fixed for poor spelling o_O

It's not being hypocritical. Those who pay for it are those who have the right to criticise, because they're genuine paying customers rather than people sitting on the sidelines slinging mud without really knowing what they're talking about. It's a bad analogy too, the equivalent would be someone being force fed steak when they have no other choice and then complaining.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Dec 2007 15:37:05 1,714 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know it's not the best analogy in the world :-) Although I don't agree with your alternative. I still think it is hypocritical.

Too many people complain about things with no intention of trying to change the system. Microsoft isn't all powerful WE, me and YOU the consumer are the ones with the power. If everybody really felt that live should be free and didn't pay for it then MS would make it free. Do you see? It's no good complaining that it should be free and then buying the product, it changes nothing.

We have a voice, we need to use it.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous