Lost Season 4 Official Thread (US Pace) Page 45

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 June 2008 10:57:17
    deathgibbon wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    I just remembered! I think I predicted at the end of Series 3 that somehow or other we'd end up back at that "We have to go back!" scene by the end of Series 4 - and holy fuck we did, as well.

/has never 'sort of' predicted a TV show that far in advance before, pats self on back

Actually, you predicted that "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!" would be the last line of Season 4 so........ no.

;)
    Ah was that it?

Bollcoks ;)
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 10:57:35
    deathgibbon wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    HarryB wrote:
    "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!"
    I'm telling you now, this will be the last line of this series. Mark my words.
    I WAS CLOSE!

Sort of.
  • chopsen 10 Jun 2008 10:12:04 16,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    The idea doesn't make any sense though. It wouldn't make sense in the bigger picture of the story, and it wouldn't make sense for them to write the story in that way. I mean, yeah they could make all the flashes Desmond-like flashes, but how does that benefit the bigger picture? All it does is give a plot twist. It would invalidate most of what's happened this season, and writers know better than to piss their audience off like that.

It could make sense to the bigger picture. Coincidence in the events leading up to the crash, the characters all being connected peripherally and nearly bumping in to each other, and images predicting future events. If you abandon traditional concepts of cause and effect, you could cook up an explanation of how everything is connected in a non-linear manner if the characters are all "disjointed" in time (not the word I'm looking for: I basically mean like in "Slaughter House Five")

My new theory (no idea if it's new) is that the island is an alien spaceship that has been there so long it became covered in vegetation/etc and looks like an island. Cheesy as hell but it explains a fair bit.
  • Machiavel 10 Jun 2008 10:22:16 5,964 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like that, making Richard (if that's the ageless one) the likely Alien.

I'm worried it'll turn out that 'A magic man done it'.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2008 10:50:42
    Machiavel wrote:
    I like that, making Richard (if that's the ageless one) the likely Alien.

I'm worried it'll turn out that 'A magic man done it'.

Maybe they'll Stephen King it.
    Randall Flagg should be kicking around there somewhere.
  • M83J01P97 10 Jun 2008 12:32:08 6,711 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My new theory (no idea if it's new) is that the island is an alien spaceship that has been there so long it became covered in vegetation/etc and looks like an island. Cheesy as hell but it explains a fair bit.

The prodcuers have said over and over and over and over again that Lost has nothing to do with Aliens.

So no. Bad theory.
  • chopsen 10 Jun 2008 13:06:11 16,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know they've said that. But:

1. I don't think it's aliens, I think it's a long abandoned alien thingymajig. Maybe a ship. Maybe an artefact. Definitely something that was discovered by some ancient civilisation, and rediscovered numerous times following that

2. Maybe the producers lied.

3. I can't hear you, la la la la la

• ghearoid 10 Jun 2008 13:15:15 2,295 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    The prodcuers have said over and over and over and over again that Lost has nothing to do with Aliens.

So no. Bad theory.

Hmm, I seem to remember them saying ages back that it had nothing to do with time travel either ;o)
  • Anthony_UK 10 Jun 2008 13:42:57 2,551 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone could be right, they have said only recently that if someone had already guessed correctly what exactly is going on, that they couldn't then turn round and say 'yeah thats it, that's how it ends'

• Scurrminator 10 Jun 2008 13:51:11 8,467 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    actually what they said was 'that was a rare occasion we planted far in advance for viewers to spot' or something to that effect.

It was in reference to the series 3 finale wen jack tries to kill himself he is stopped by an intervention of fate, the same effect that stopped michael from dying several times towards the end of series 4

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Ciaran 10 Jun 2008 14:16:41 1,070 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wasn't that comment about Adam and Eve though? You know, those two skeletons in the caves back in S1?
  • HoriZon 10 Jun 2008 18:12:07 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    The idea doesn't make any sense though. It wouldn't make sense in the bigger picture of the story, and it wouldn't make sense for them to write the story in that way. I mean, yeah they could make all the flashes Desmond-like flashes, but how does that benefit the bigger picture? All it does is give a plot twist. It would invalidate most of what's happened this season, and writers know better than to piss their audience off like that.

It could make sense to the bigger picture. Coincidence in the events leading up to the crash, the characters all being connected peripherally and nearly bumping in to each other, and images predicting future events. If you abandon traditional concepts of cause and effect, you could cook up an explanation of how everything is connected in a non-linear manner if the characters are all "disjointed" in time (not the word I'm looking for: I basically mean like in "Slaughter House Five")

Isn't that Indy 4 ? ;)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• chopsen 10 Jun 2008 18:35:05 16,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it? Bugger. I thought I had an original idea there for a minute...:)
  • daz_john_smith 13 Jun 2008 21:55:45 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone have any theories or thoughts on 'Jacob's List'.
    I've been re-watchin the whole thing from season 1 right up to season 4 over the last few weeks. When Jack was performing surgery on Ben, Danny Pickitt leaves the observation room to go and kill Sawyer and he mentions that Jack "was not even on Jacob's list". What could Jacob's list be all about and if Jack isn't on it why is he so special and why does the island appear to intervene in his attempted suicide? Are the island and Jacob 2 very seperate entities with different goals?
  • Khanivor 13 Jun 2008 23:02:17 41,261 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally got round to watching this last night. Really enjoyed it but agree it was as nail-biting as it would have been had we been more in the dark about where things were going.

I have a few observations – when Locke finds the Others encampment there seemed to be some people there who looked like younger versions of people already on the island, like Miles and Rose. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

I think Hurley will be convinced to go back for Sawyer; I really liked the way they turned that character around to the point where he put his own life at risk to save the tubby fella.

I don’t think people were creamed on the boat. Surely a life vest or two would have been visible in the wreckage. Also, surely Michael wouldn’t have been able to die if losties were killed in the explosion.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2008 23:05:30
    Khanivor wrote:
    Also, surely Michael wouldn’t have been able to die if losties were killed in the explosion.
    I don't get this. Michael was able to die because 'the island' told him he was released from the 'spell' or whatever it was that was preventing him from dying. The island (or Jacob, or whatever the hell it is) only has plans for some of them, it seems, or else nobody whatsoever would have died so far - and over the course of the entire series many, many people have been bumped off one way or another!
  • Khanivor 13 Jun 2008 23:10:19 41,261 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Micheal was sent back to atone for what he did before. I suppose saving Sun, Aaron and Desmond by freezing the C4 might have counted as enough to release him but coupled with the lack of life vest bobbing in the water I think something saved the people on the boat that weren't Michael. To be fair, the rest were nobodies other than Jin but I just can't see him being dead yet. For one, where's his interview?
  • daz_john_smith 14 Jun 2008 16:51:40 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Khanivor Wrote:
    where's his interview?
    What do you mean???

I think Michael is pretty much dead and gone. Anybody notice that what Christian/Jacob said to Michael; "You can go now" mirrors exactly what Miles says to the ghost/spirit he goes to excercise from that old ladies house in his flashback.

You could argue that in some ways Michael was already dead, he'd pretty much given up on life and the island or Jacob was simply keeping him around to fulfil one last purpose.
  • Khanivor 14 Jun 2008 16:56:39 41,261 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What I meant was that if Jin was dead, where's the actor's interview bitching about the fact his death was a put-down to the Asian man? :)
  • HoriZon 14 Jun 2008 16:59:14 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    What I meant was that if Jin was dead, where's the actor's interview bitching about the fact his death was a put-down to the Asian man? :)

Or that he was charged with drink driving its why 2 other actors got sacked.

Jin will be back i also think Michael isnt dead yet these interviews could be just hype for the show.

• daz_john_smith 14 Jun 2008 18:39:57 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Khanivor
    Sorry I thought u were talking about Michael.

If Michael returns I think it'll either be in flashback form or as a ghost/apparition/extension of Jacob, however considering his interview I doubt he'd come back for a small role such as that, unless he's under contract.
  • david78 27 Jul 2008 15:08:30 829 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_dNsaz-AA

This is a new video from Comic-Con.
    It's very interesting, especially since it sounds like Faraday in the background at the end of it.

There's a new ARG started as well if anyone's interested - Dharma Initiative Recruitment Program - the fat guy in the video was presumably an actor part of it.

http://www.dharmawantsyou.com launches tomorrow.

• cubbymoore 27 Jul 2008 15:14:06 36,504 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice nod to Cloverfield. Didn't really tell us anything other than again confirm the whole time jumping aspect of the dharma initiative.
  • Feanor 27 Jul 2008 16:12:46 14,185 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Last night I listened to a podcast of a panel discussion at Comic Con which skewed heavily to Lost, and one of the audience questions was about Desmond's vision of Claire and her baby leaving on the helicopter and how that didn't happen. The Lost producers assured the questioner that they had a plan to resolve that issue, and their policy is to have no paradoxes.

Lost Podcast:The Transmission if you want to get it on iTunes.
  • Darren 28 Jul 2008 11:39:13 9,080 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Last night I listened to a podcast of a panel discussion at Comic Con which skewed heavily to Lost, and one of the audience questions was about Desmond's vision of Claire and her baby leaving on the helicopter and how that didn't happen. The Lost producers assured the questioner that they had a plan to resolve that issue, and their policy is to have no paradoxes.

Well,. yeah, we now know how that will work since Claire appeared to still be alive in the cabin Locke went to where he spoke with Christain Shepherd, and we know that the Oceanic Six have to return to the island to prevent all the bad things that have happened there from happening. The Oceanic Six includes baby Aaron so Demond's vision is likely the real escape when they've sorted everything out and can finally leave the island for good, or at least, Claire and Aaron. That would imply that Claire isn't actually dead (undead?) though when she appears in the Cabin acting really odd (and having unbelievably abandoned Aaron)... or maybe the time-travel aspects of the show come into play and she is saved?

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 28 July 2008 11:41:16
    I thought that Claire died in the explosion in the barracks. Miles went all funny with her, and she said she wasn't having visions anymore (plus she now stays in the cabin, along with another dead guy).
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Jul 2008 11:42:25 25,628 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woah woah woah! What vision is this that Desmond had of Claire and her baby escaping the island on a helicopter? I don't remember seeing that at all!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• HoriZon 28 Jul 2008 11:52:55 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Woah woah woah! What vision is this that Desmond had of Claire and her baby escaping the island on a helicopter? I don't remember seeing that at all!

We didnt see it he told Charlie about it before he died and for it to happen Charlie had to die. All the way back in S3.

• Deleted user 28 July 2008 11:54:04
    HoriZon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

We didnt see it he told Charlie about it before he died and for it to happen Charlie had to die.

Couldn't Desmond have just made it up to get Charlie to do what he had to do, as he'd think he was saving Claire? Perhaps Desmond thought that Charlie wouldn't sacrifice himself for anyone else.
  • HoriZon 28 Jul 2008 11:55:03 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

We didnt see it he told Charlie about it before he died and for it to happen Charlie had to die.

Couldn't Desmond have just made it up to get Charlie to do what he had to do, as he'd think he was saving Claire? Perhaps Desmond thought that Charlie wouldn't sacrifice himself for anyone else.
    Yep, but guess we will find out.

• Page

of 47 First / Last