Blood Bowl 2008 Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• samk 10 Nov 2009 11:07:52 703 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The DS and PSP versions are both knackered according to the dev's forum. As I found with the DS version, those versions have serious game-breaking bugs. Fortunately I didn't buy the DS version - a mate did and he's not happy at all as getting a refund for an imported game is far from easy of course.

I've since bought the PC version, which is really good. There are still a few skills here & there which don't work according to the Living Rulebook, but there are regular patches so they'll get resolved in the end no doubt.

I would have thought the 360 version would be more in line with the PC version than the handhelds of course, so would highly recommend buying the 360 version.
  • Machetazo 10 Nov 2009 11:24:10 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    the 360 version is out on 27th of this morning. If true that is excellent news.
    +1 Thanks for the update. :D
  • Deleted user 14 November 2009 19:59:30
    Inevitable, really
  • L_Franko Moderator 19 Nov 2009 13:28:50 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have just noticed that is is out next week \0/
    I've been waiting fucking ages for the 360 version and luckly it comes out 2 days after payday.

So, how many EGers are thinking of getting it for the 360? Enough for an online EG league maybe?
  • magicpanda 19 Nov 2009 13:34:54 13,340 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oooh free Dark Elf team are out today for the PC as well.
  • RabidChild 19 Nov 2009 13:35:18 2,292 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm up for it. XBL: superOK
  • TechnoHippy 19 Nov 2009 13:40:30 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll be getting the 360 version.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• L_Franko Moderator 19 Nov 2009 13:55:33 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If there is enough interest for a league i'll set up an organise games thread for the 360.
  • markh 25 Nov 2009 12:57:41 3,598 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2 days! :) I'm definitely up for a league if there's enough interest!
  • markh 28 Nov 2009 11:40:15 3,598 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If anyone was thinking of getting this to play online - don't bother.

The game plays fine, however there is absolutely no Live league system and your players do not gain any experience whilst playing on Live, rendering it pointless having a league.

Other features such as team customisation have also been removed - the game is stripped down to its bare bones. See this thread on the official forum for more details.

If anyone wants it for playing against someone on the same console or against the AI, the my copy can be bought for 25 and has only been used once.

:(
  • RabidChild 28 Nov 2009 20:21:10 2,292 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, this is disappointing. And a bit weird, since all the core stuff is there intact - why cock up the custom leagues so much?

I can live without player customisation, though I'd rather it was there. But the lack of exp gains in custom leagues is weird.

I think i'll still have a lot of fun with it, though - even against the computer.
  • markh 28 Nov 2009 21:05:48 3,598 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't played against the computer yet, but according to friends that have it, the AI is not that fantastic either. I'm just totally gutted about it having waited over a year for it to be released. Cyanide have totally screwed the fans over with this, it's no wonder they didn't formally announce the release date until a week ago and why they didn't bother sending out many copies for review.
  • TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2009 09:10:22 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started playing it last night and it's a shame they didn't put more effort into the presentation. However the game itself is good fun, although I'm only on single player (not too fussed about multiplayer, although some of the decisions do seem a bit strange).

It's not going to bring any new fans to the fold though, which is a real shame. GW should have given me the license :-)

• L_Franko Moderator 1 Dec 2009 09:21:27 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was a bit put off by a few posts above but I think I shall still get it.
    I've been wanting a game of Blood Bowl for ages but my flat mate has no interest in learning the rules for the copy of the table top version I have so it's been in the box for years.
    Hope this will fill a hole even if I do just play against the AI.

If I was to play online though I think it would only be with EGers.

Anyone know of anywhere that is selling it for a good price?
  • TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2009 09:23:16 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As I say, I'm enjoying the single player. The AI isn't that bad, although that could just be me being a bit rubbish :-)

• markh 1 Dec 2009 10:03:49 3,598 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I was a bit put off by a few posts above but I think I shall still get it.
    I've been wanting a game of Blood Bowl for ages but my flat mate has no interest in learning the rules for the copy of the table top version I have so it's been in the box for years.
    Hope this will fill a hole even if I do just play against the AI.

If I was to play online though I think it would only be with EGers.

Anyone know of anywhere that is selling it for a good price?

If you want my copy - you can have it for 25 inc posting?

It's literally been in my Xbox once.

If not - around 30 from amazon or shopto is cheapest.
  • RabidChild 1 Dec 2009 10:11:23 2,292 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It must be a nightmare trying to play this without already knowing the rules.
  • TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2009 10:17:13 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a basic tutorial to get you going. The presentation is a bit poor, but it covers the basics.

As I said in my earlier post is probably won't bring many new players into the fold. Which is a shame.

• L_Franko Moderator 3 Dec 2009 13:48:02 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry Markh, I was a bit slow to your post. I don't really have the funds to treat myself at the mo but thank you for your offer.

Out of curiosity why am I not seeing any copies of the 360 version for sale in the shops?
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Dec 2009 16:24:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, I said I wasn't going to get this at the moment but I caved and splashed out. Sometimes my wallet takes on a mind of it's own and holds me hostage until I give in to its demands.

Anyway, after spending some time with it and getting used to the flow of the game again after such a long time I am really enjoying it. I have managed to forget, at least for now, about the striped down copy the 360 was given and am just enjoying being able to try and remember all my old strategies and what not.
    I am sure i'll be wanting to get some multiplayer games on the go in the near future so if anyone with the 360 version fancies it give me a shout. GT: L Franko.
  • TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2009 16:26:31 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm still enjoying it, although I do appear to be rubbish at it :-) Just started a chaos team that will hopefully match my style play better than the human one did.

• L_Franko Moderator 7 Dec 2009 16:29:18 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, yes I've started a Human team and am about 6 or 7 games in and its only just started to come together. Got a Blitzer up to ST 5, a Linesman with Block and Strip ball, and a catcher with an extra movment so far.
  • suicida 8 Dec 2009 14:05:05 254 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a Skaven team that are doing alright in campaign mode, send me an invite if anyone fancies a game (GT same as my EG username)
  • TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2009 08:40:55 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was a sad day for Khorne United yesterday as their team captain, a Minotaur of legendary prowess and violence was killed by a gang of cowardly Skaven. In an orgy of chaos and bloodletting the team avenged his death by winning the game 2-0 and their being only one of the Skaven players being capable of standing by the end of the match.

Pieces of the opposing team were handed out to the fans as souveniers as they left chanting.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

:-)

• magicpanda 9 Dec 2009 08:55:10 13,340 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gah you've made me reinstall this.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2009 08:59:46 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It does have many flaws, but is still great fun to play.

• magicpanda 9 Dec 2009 09:04:15 13,340 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully I can get a decent online team on the go this time. It was a bit of a mess when I started playing.

• L_Franko Moderator 9 Dec 2009 09:18:54 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started a second team last night and went for the Orcs as they were normally my choice back in the day.
    First game against the Dwarfs which was a toughy as I forgot nearly all of the little sods have block. Included one Goblin in my team though and he is 2 touchdowns in two games so that is a skill upgrade for him already. Just need to try and get at least one of my Black Orcs upgraded with block.
  • TechnoHippy 11 Dec 2009 08:29:14 14,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wood Elves are bastards, dancing in and out of my players like ghosts. Fragile though. The Roman Tortoise tactic managed to scrape a last minute victory. A block of Beastmen advancing up the pitch while Chaos Warriors maraud around crippling any scrawny little Elf they can lay their hands on.

And the team can afford a Minotaur again. Happy days.

• w00t 11 Dec 2009 09:16:42 11,079 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dwarves FTW!

I love my spiky steamroller of death, even if he does get sent off at half time :)

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Page

of 9 First / Last