Blood Bowl 2008 Page 5

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Gl3n Moderator 6 Jul 2009 11:28:03 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'd have to torrent it, but the keys would be legit.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• marilena 6 Jul 2009 11:29:54 8,198 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can anyone explain to me what the Hell is up with this game? Is it out or not? On what platforms? Why aren't there any reviews?
  • L_Franko Moderator 6 Jul 2009 11:36:47 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its out in France, Spain and Germany on PC retail but not coming out to England retail untill September for some reason.
  • absolutezero 6 Jul 2009 11:37:13 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well im in with the keys, 15 is good enough for me.
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Jul 2009 11:44:06 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just placed an order, came to 13 in the end.

Now to find a decent torrent.

Edit: Keys came through instantaneously.

• jaxon58 6 Jul 2009 12:24:23 2,420 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's no publisher signed to it yet, so that's why retail release is delayed.
  • absolutezero 6 Jul 2009 23:33:37 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    uh oh.

Rumbled.
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Jul 2009 23:41:28 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bugger! and my torrent has been flagging at 63% all evening!

To be honest though, it was either this or not play it at all. 40 for any PC game is ludicrous these days.

Especially for one with no spangly touchable bits (download only) and with an apparent lack of polish.
    How are they going to detect these keys? If i have a key meant for belarus and i use it here, how will they know i recieved it from G2play?

• absolutezero 6 Jul 2009 23:45:43 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Theres some talk on Savvy gamer about it being a big bluff on their part. That and another key-code store owner has basically said they can't ban them because they are proper bought games. They just bulk buy from asian countries and then sell on the codes for a profit.

Online Key Support.

Im going to keep my torrent going and see what happens when I try and install it using the G2 codes.
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Jul 2009 23:47:18 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do feel it's a bit of a cheek to come out guns blazing over the issue when the price point is so extortionately high to begin with.

Especially the pounds sterling price at that.

• absolutezero 6 Jul 2009 23:50:47 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Exactly if I do get to the end and my code has been blocked then Cyanide can get fucked and Ill pretty much have nothing to do with the game anymore.
  • Sycopat 6 Jul 2009 23:56:27 162 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reading the RPS article it also seems though that cyanide are saying they can't be doing that (Buying them cheap in asia and selling it back in europe) because the games not out in asia... Meaning the keys have been obtained illegally and your paying for what is basically a sort of no-cd crack...
  • Gl3n Moderator 7 Jul 2009 00:01:39 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If someone's leaking asian copies before release, they've broken the street date.

This isn't illegal.

• Sycopat 7 Jul 2009 00:10:09 162 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If it's leaked copies, it isn't illegal and cyanide don't have much of a leg to stand on, besides the EULA and feeling cunty. If this is the case, Cyanide are a bunch of prats and I have no reservations saying it (Hell if this is the case, they are still getting paid for the games sold, and so don't really have a right to be pissed off imo)

If it's illegally generated keys being bought from asian pirates, then it is illegal.

At this point it seems no one knows which it is, (One side is saying it's fine the other is saying it isn't, neither side has much in the way of proof other than self-righteousness. I'm still reading all the links, but thats the impression so far that I'm getting.)so I'm erring on the side of caution for now.
  • Gl3n Moderator 7 Jul 2009 00:11:48 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's worth noting that Cyanide are French.

It might not be..

• Gl3n Moderator 7 Jul 2009 10:34:00 5,313 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone's thinking of buying up one of those G2play codes, i wouldn't bother. Cyanide are actively hunting them down and killing them.

• markh 8 Jul 2009 15:38:25 3,598 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For those who don't read the front page:

Blood Bowl finally (well sort of, in a very wooly way) dated

Good news, but i'll be very surprised if they stick to that (rough) date, considering it was originally meant to be out last September, then definitely February..
  • TechnoHippy 8 Jul 2009 15:40:30 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just wish they'd hurry up with the Xbox version.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• markh 8 Jul 2009 15:49:21 3,598 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, that's the Xbox version as well :)

EDIT: I assume anyway, not too sure now! They've maintained it's an Autumn release for the consoles over here though since a while back.
  • marilena 8 Jul 2009 15:56:12 8,198 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This game has had one weeeeeird release. France and Germany receive it 4 months before the rest of the world? WTF?
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 Jul 2009 15:58:10 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've read in a couple of other places that it is out in September across the board.

This has been the longest wait for a game I've ever had to put up with and if it was anything else my interest would probably be fading.

At least everything I have heard from the people that played in and are die hard fans have said its spot on to the board game in pretty much every way.
  • markh 8 Jul 2009 16:02:35 3,598 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep, I was a member of the beta. The turn by turn game is an exact replica of the board game (to the latest rulebook).

My laptop only ran it really slowly though so only had a few (frustrating) games. Random games were massively hit and miss though as there were people on the Beta who had never played Blood Bowl before and there was no tutorial in the beta version. I can only assume there'll be one with the proper game as it can be quite complicated..
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 Jul 2009 16:13:50 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have the recent rule book at home :)

You can download it as a PDF as well, Its called the living rule book. I forget where but i'll have a hunt around and post a link if people are interested.
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Jul 2009 12:06:39 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This may be of interest to people that don't know the rules.

Rule book
  • Stickman 10 Jul 2009 12:20:44 29,657 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like the way GW have made all their niche game rules available for free.

Is there a single player career mode does anyone know? This looks decidedly bare bones to me, and I'm not really feeling the love atm.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• StarchildHypocrethes 10 Jul 2009 12:22:04 25,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah. I read the Gamespot review yesterday and it mentioned a single player portion of the game where you level up your team.

AI is a bit dodgy though apparently.
  • Stickman 10 Jul 2009 12:23:36 29,657 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm feeling the love now. I'm fickle like that.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• L_Franko Moderator 10 Jul 2009 12:24:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, you can do your own season where you buy your roster and improve player skills with points your players get from doing things like getting Touch downs, injuring or killing opposition, completing long passes, etc.

Should be good enough to get the SP interesting.
  • chudders 10 Jul 2009 16:32:19 755 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I buckled and downloaded it in a drunken fugue. :(

The official forums are full of peeps complaining about bugs, rules not being properly implemented, a wonky RNG, and simpleton AI. However, through just over a week's experience (it has been the only game I've played since purchase if that's any kind of endorsement) I have yet to encounter any jarring bugs or iffy dice rolls. I can't comment on the rules because I'm not a massive nerd, although I can admit that the AI does appear to be underperforming.

If I'm entirely honest, whilst I'm enjoying the single player aspect at this stage I can see it getting a bit tiresome and repetative. It's only the dice rolls which give the AI any real semblence of 'intelligence', otherwise it's tactics are pretty limited.

I'm yet to delve into the online aspect but I suspect this is what the majority of people who were interested in this game were after, and where the limitations of the AI will completely disappear. This is, after all, a chance to indulge your inner geek, safe in the knowledge that no one will see you going into a Games Workshop. All the basics are there if you like Blood Bowl.

Really, it could do with a bit of polish and some more teams, although it's safe to bet that they will come (with a price tag of course). I'm sure that things will be improved by the proper release, so unless you're a mad fan (or pissed and within reach of the credit card) I'd hold fire.

Just my 2 bobbins worth.
  • _Price_ 10 Jul 2009 17:22:49 3,072 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chudders wrote:
    ....I'm not a massive nerd....

Dude, come on, let it go.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last