Shall I get US UT3 now or wait for the UK one?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 09:44:59
    Help!
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 09:45:54
    Given the possibility of farting about with region locked DLC I'd wait for the UK one. Presuming you have a UK machine.
  • tonynibbles 20 Dec 2007 10:34:14 2,247 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Get it now for 32.
    Or wait and pay the same amount (or more) when it comes out here.

You can buy DLC with a Mastercard (at least thats what I use from the UK) over the U.S Store.

But afaik UTIII doesn't have any *planned/announced* paid-for DLC.
    With the mod community at work, those player built maps will be readily available over 'tinternet without need for the U.S region store.

Reviews are great, I say it's worth getting now.
    If there is confirmed paid-for-PSNstore-downloaded DLC by next March and you are not able to buy it from the U.S Store, you can always flog it a week before the UK one comes out.
    You're more than likely to sell it more than 32.

Given the possibility of farting about with region locked DLC I'd wait for the UK one. Presuming you have a UK machine.

It's not region locked.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 10:36:24
    So that whole thing the other day was for nothing?
  • t8yman 20 Dec 2007 10:36:33 149 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mine arrived this morning. no import duty.

get in. cant wait to get home now. do the MP servers work over here nibbles?
  • Majors5 20 Dec 2007 10:38:18 65 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jump in mate.. Buy it Mines already on its way to my door as we speak, i cant wait till march to play the one of the best multi player shooters around Hell no. I was addicted to UT2003 for the PC, it kept me up till about 3am every morning for months. How can i resist from buying the latest ?
  • tonynibbles 20 Dec 2007 10:38:34 2,247 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still waiting for mine :(

If a U.S game will play back on my console. And the U.S DLC will play on my console - what *exactly* is region locked.

Content is published as region-specific, not "locked". End of.
  • Aretak 20 Dec 2007 10:39:25 10,366 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    tonynibbles wrote:
    It's not region locked.
    He's talking about the downloadable content, which almost certainly will be region locked if the PS3's track record is anything to go by.
  • Aretak 20 Dec 2007 10:40:26 10,366 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    tonynibbles wrote:
    Still waiting for mine :(

If a U.S game will play back on my console. And the U.S DLC will play on my console - what *exactly* is region locked.

Content is published as region-specific, not "locked". End of.
    The point is that you'll have to buy the content from the US store. If you have a credit card which allows you to do that, good for you. I don't, and neither do a lot of other people here.
  • tonynibbles 20 Dec 2007 10:41:34 2,247 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that's simple enough.
    You bought the game in the U.S, you buy the DLC in the U.S.

Why would it be on sale in the U.K? The game is not released here yet.
  • Aretak 20 Dec 2007 10:44:21 10,366 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    tonynibbles wrote:
    Well that's simple enough.
    You bought the game in the U.S, you buy the DLC in the U.S.

Why would it be on sale in the U.K - the game is not released here yet?
    I think you're missing the point. The issue isn't whether it's available on the UK store or not. The issue is that when it does become available, it won't work with a US copy of the game -- and not everybody will know that fact. DLC on the 360 for example will work with any copy of the game from around the world. Are you actually against people being informed of this before making a decision on whether to buy the game or not?
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 10:44:49
    This is the most pointless argument ever. If you don't want to fuck about (like I said earlier) with their daft DLC rules and your CC company then get the UK version.
  • tonynibbles 20 Dec 2007 10:53:25 2,247 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just wish people would stop saying that DLC is "region locked".
    By *definition* it's not fecking region locked!
    If it *was* region locked, I wouldn't be able to buy DLC from the U.S Store and use it with my U.S game would I?
    The fact I can buy DLC from the JP or U.S Stores is actually nice once in a while.

However, If Sony pulled their finger out and did global releases, this could be avoided and it would undoubtedly be a better thing.
    It's not hard to understand that they want to seperate their revenue streams between regions however, as they all operate in different markets and thats the way the PS brand has always operated.
    It would be a much better situation if that is what they did.
  • yellowmellow 20 Dec 2007 11:32:05 41 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'You can buy DLC with a Mastercard (at least thats what I use from the UK) over the U.S Store.'

Did I hear that right??
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 11:33:03
    tonynibbles wrote:
    I just wish people would stop saying that DLC is "region locked".
    By *definition* it's not fecking region locked!
    If it *was* region locked, I wouldn't be able to buy DLC from the U.S Store and use it with my U.S game would I?
    The fact I can buy DLC from the JP or U.S Stores is actually nice once in a while.

However, If Sony pulled their finger out and did global releases, this could be avoided and it would undoubtedly be a better thing.
    It's not hard to understand that they want to seperate their revenue streams between regions however, as they all operate in different markets and thats the way the PS brand has always operated.
    It would be a much better situation if that is what they did.

What definition? You are arguing semantics rather than acknowledging people will be faced with being unable to access content for the game they bought because they don't live in the same region as where the game came from. It is locked. It is locked to the region you bought it in. If it is region locked of course you can buy DLC from the US store (providing it will accept your credit card in the first place) and play it with your US game, they are based on the same region. You just can't buy it from a EU store and play it with your US game.
  • t8yman 20 Dec 2007 11:50:53 149 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yellowmellow wrote:
    'You can buy DLC with a Mastercard (at least thats what I use from the UK) over the U.S Store.'

Did I hear that right??

so can you buy high velocity bowling etc nibbles?

I treid with my faje us account, but the checkout asked for "state", at which point I could go no further.

if this is discussed in further deatil elsewhere, any chance of a link? the wife wants me to buy HVB so we can play it at her mums house on chrimbo day.

sorry for veering off topic.
  • GamesConnoisseur 20 Dec 2007 12:01:46 420 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got PC UT3 now (on the cheap) as cannot be arsed to wait for PS3 copy in UK, but will certainly get it and I already see posts that some are annoyed at the region locking for the DLC aspect only but admittingly other than that was still able to play US PS3 on their console now.

If DLC is not a biggie for you then you can import it, but if you want the full monty and would just advise to be patient. Or until Sony sorted their region locking via PSN, not just re credit card but also as I understand DLC looks for hardware region of the console.

Correct me if I m wrong and there is no reason AT ALL to wait for UK copy in March, then I ll import.
  • urban 20 Dec 2007 12:03:19 10,976 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    boabg wrote:

There will be no region locked DLC for UT3

heed my words!!!!!!! its all pc code and oo whatcha know..pc's don't know where they are.

the games will be bit by bit the same.

Fair enough i say that like its truth but it's expectation and i'll be shocked if it ain't true.

As far as i know, epic have never ever released an expansion or booster pack to any game ever, they make a game and believe anything added to it from there on would be by the community.

in turn. free.
  • bigtyme187 20 Dec 2007 12:05:35 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    where can i buy it from??
  • urban 20 Dec 2007 12:13:27 10,976 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    movietyme.com
  • t8yman 20 Dec 2007 12:14:35 149 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bigtyme187 wrote:

I got mine from this guy

and can highly recommend him. not the cheapest, but it arrived in 4 working days from paying.

edit

just type 260195511268 into the ebay search, link not working properly
  • bigtyme187 20 Dec 2007 12:18:14 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    how long does it take from movieyme b4 the delivery is made. Because i am about to order right now!!!!!!!
  • Gaol 20 Dec 2007 12:32:22 2,423 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The biggest concern for me purchasing any online game on import is how the servers work.

If the region goes of disc, a la Motorstom, you want a UK copy - otherwise you will end up playing with higher latency on foreign servers.

If the region goes of hardware, or has worldwide options (a la Warhawk) then it doesn't matter and an import copy is fine - so long as you have the ability to buy DLC from the relevant region.
  • Kill_Crazy 20 Dec 2007 13:53:51 2,358 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bigtyme187 wrote:
    how long does it take from movieyme b4 the delivery is made. Because i am about to order right now!!!!!!!

Differs. Sometimes couple of days, sometimes couple of weeks. Sorry that that doesn't help but it's the truth :(

/ordering now
  • urban 20 Dec 2007 14:03:40 10,976 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    bigtyme187 wrote:

Differs. Sometimes couple of days, sometimes couple of weeks. Sorry that that doesn't help but it's the truth :(

/ordering now

movietyme have a notice up on the front page !? cant you see it? it says "all orders placed dec 18th through jan 6th will be processed when we return on jan 7th

so. you wont get it for a while
  • fued10 20 Dec 2007 14:14:17 4 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I ordered this from videogamesplus.ca last thursday (13 - 12 - 07), and on friday morning the order status changed to shipped. Does anyone know how long it normally takes items to arrive from them?
  • KayJay 20 Dec 2007 14:46:54 5,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I usually only have good things to say about movietyme..
    But I ordered a PS3 eye back on the 28th Nov and still nothing... I know they say 15 days but it said Shipped the day after I ordered it...

My strongly worded mails don't seem to have been taken on board either...
  • martinthemonkey 20 Dec 2007 15:37:55 431 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fued10 wrote:
    I ordered this from videogamesplus.ca last thursday (13 - 12 - 07), and on friday morning the order status changed to shipped. Does anyone know how long it normally takes items to arrive from them?

3 days. Usually.
  • addic 20 Dec 2007 21:37:14 477 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    t8yman wrote:
    bigtyme187 wrote:

I got mine from this guy

and can highly recommend him. not the cheapest, but it arrived in 4 working days from paying.

edit

just type 260195511268 into the ebay search, link not working properly

aaahhmmm...i bought uncharted from this seller. it arrived in 10 working days from paying. :(

could have be en exceptional case.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2007 22:22:57
    okay I got it - campaign is shite and I need people who are interested in playin online - so far there are about 6 servers fro multi flag capture -
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous