Mythos

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Dec 2007 23:54:39 35,423 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hm, no thread yet?

Mythos is the free Diablo/MMO game from Flagship studios (the Hellgate guys) - playing this at the moment (applied a week ago or so for a beta key, and got one a few days later) - and it bloody rocks.

As far as I know, it was initially just to test the netcode for Hellgate, but it's very much alive - does anyone know what's supoosed to become of it? Fees? An "open" release? I can't find much info about it. I am a bit confused as all I read is that it is and will be free. Hm,

Anyway, if you like Diablo/Titan Quest etc., give this a try. It looks quite a bit nicer in motion than the screenshots suggest, due to some pretty nice shader and particle effects.

edit:

Typos en masse.

• JediMasterMalik 19 Dec 2007 23:58:23 11,826 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll give it a go on your recommendation. Normally not into more lo-fi looking games, but can't complain for free.
  • Ryuken 23 Dec 2007 20:18:36 36 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have been playing it as well for some time now, I think it is supposed to remain free (with perhaps some Elite stuff added to it la Hellgate London).

It's like a Fate 'MMO' (instanced combat levels). Nice for once in a while.
  • [maven] 26 Dec 2007 00:20:16 5,150 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've given this a go (even installed Windows) and it's quite compelling, although it seems a bit bright at the start. Sound effects and monster animations are spot on, and loot seems good.
    I'd really appreciate a Mac client, but I doubt that will happen, so it's probably back to WoW for me. Still, I'd recommend it! :)
  • Optyk 25 Apr 2008 02:38:46 1,315 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got into the Beta, who else here is in?

Give me a whisper in game and ill add you to my buddy list, if there is one, i havent looked yet. My character name is "Kechara".

Shooting ducks in a barrel.

• Laserbream 31 May 2008 08:51:11 477 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Beta guys - how about an update? I've just been reading about the "Overworld" change - pretty big alteration this late in production!

How's Mythos looking after the shake-up?
  • Sar 31 May 2008 10:43:02 274 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been in since the early alpha (which I got into for HG:L as well), and it's not bad.

It'll be free forever (well, as long as they decide to keep the server(s) running) and it's a 456Mb d/l, and looks very similar to WoW art-style wise, but plays pretty much like Diablo.

I've not played it in a while, and I'm just grabbing the latest client to see what the new zone they've recently added is like.

It's in closed beta atm, which means we don't get any invites to give out to others, unlike the previous stages.
  • Retroid Moderator 31 May 2008 10:45:13 44,503 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Hm, no thread yet?

Mythos is the free Diablo/MMO...
    /Nods off
  • UncleLou Moderator 31 May 2008 10:59:54 35,423 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    Hm, no thread yet?

Mythos is the free Diablo/MMO...
    /Nods off

Only 6 months too late. ;-)

You just wait till I get Mass Effect delivered next week.
  • Laserbream 13 Jul 2008 11:22:30 477 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flagship has apparently bought the farm - does this mean farewell to Mythos?
  • Sar 28 Jul 2008 14:34:11 274 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah well it's down atm. and has been for a couple of weeks now.

God only knows if it'll be back again.

Time to look into Dungeon Runners again methinks!
  • PhoenixFlames 28 Jul 2008 14:35:24 8,899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mythos is a greek beer. FACT.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Sar 3 Aug 2008 13:38:43 274 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now it appears that the Mythos website has gone completely as well.

Hope they get it sorted out.
  • Kain201 25 Apr 2009 18:54:47 1,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are here any old Mythos Players?

Because the guys that made Mythos are currently working on a new game. It's name is Torchlight and will be (with luck) released at the end of this year.

If you are interested you can find more information as well as the first screenshots on runicinsider.com or runicgamesfansite.com.
  • Pirotic Moderator 25 Apr 2009 19:09:36 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks like diablo for the wii.
  • Kain201 25 Apr 2009 19:12:47 1,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would that be a bad thing?^^
  • Pirotic Moderator 25 Apr 2009 19:38:44 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    'for the wii' should give you a hint.
  • Kain201 25 Apr 2009 20:03:47 1,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mmmmh... No I don't see how Diablo could be a bad thing regardless the platform.

Aside from that i can assure you that this game will be released on PC as a Singleplayergame. It was stated that it's also highly moddable so players can create their own dungeons and other stuff.

And if you read some of the interviews form the sites, you may find out that they plan to release an MMO with the same name some years later.
  • Pirotic Moderator 25 Apr 2009 20:47:55 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, considering some people moaned that Diablo 3 looked a bit too kidy because it had a few hues of green, I can't imagine they'll take too well to this.
  • Kain201 25 Apr 2009 21:59:57 1,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh well, I don't have a problem with a bright and colourfull diablo-like game. If I had, I had not played Mythos in the first place.

Say, do you have played Mythos? It had bad graphics, sometimes it was really laggy and had not so deep gameplay mechanics (it was a little bit casual to say). But it was non the less fun to play. What Mythos made a true experience was the community.

Everyone was really friendly and open minded. If you were in trouble and send a call for help, there was allways someone ready to rescue your ass. The devs were cool too, showed up regulary on the official boards and discussed with the fans. Or even said 'Hello' in the game.

Regarding the graphics for Torchlight, they are using a modified Ogre3d engine (open source). So yes, i think this game will be heavily supported by the modders.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2009 18:20:36
    http://www.torchlightgame.com
  • Machetazo 10 Jul 2010 13:41:18 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FTP in Europe, via Frogster. No details of a US release were mentioned by Hanbitsoft, that Frogster are working with to create new content and features for their region's version.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next