Persona 4 Page 3

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• saku_luk 29 Jun 2008 20:35:05 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KOEI will be at next London Expo....if they wont say anything about FES and P4 releases in PAL we can forget about em and just import :) well i already did import FES but then my PS2 laser unit died after 4 years :( I had to wait almost 2 months for new unit and as FES is NTSC my PS3 couldn't play the damn thing ( Why the hell PS3 games are region free on ps3 but ps2 games are still locked, thats bs).

Anyway i got the damn laser unit replaced and it all works nice and dandy with a smal but....i dont feel like playing P3 FES anymore after all this wait :( but i do want P4! I hope Atlus US will do speedy translation this time and release it before christmas, that would be my perfect christmas gift!

Well back to Xenosaga 3 :>
  • Fubdub 6 Jul 2008 09:14:59 270 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Persona 4 has been announced for a US release December 2008:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325786
  • PinkSpider 6 Jul 2008 10:02:57 3,346 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, now I dont have to go next gen for another year (US PS2 + All the RPGs which didnt come over here is much better than what's on offer).
  • HiddenAway 6 Jul 2008 13:06:44 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good. Now give us a UK release. PLEASE :-(

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Feanor 7 Jul 2008 02:17:18 14,166 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Two days before my birthday. :)

My 31st birthday. :(
  • saku_luk 10 Jul 2008 21:52:41 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    preorders up for 39.99$ thats like ultra cheap...I am importing, wont wait for EU release which will prolly never come, and even if...and i mean IF, it will cost way more than 40$. So ya now I have to somehow wait 5 months :/
  • PinkSpider 18 Jul 2008 07:48:39 3,346 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Straight to number 1 in Japan, by quite a way:

01. Persona 4 (PSP) - 193,000 / NEW
    02. Wii Fit (Wii) - 30,000 / 2,353,000
    03. Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan (DS) - 29,000 / NEW
    04. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - 25,000 / 1,560,000
    05. Daigasso Band Brothers DX (DS) - 23,000 / 190,000
  • JinTypeNoir 18 Jul 2008 08:23:26 4,386 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's because its awesome. The word of mouth when you deliver something as high quality and interesting as Persona 3 is bound to do a game a world of good. But when you follow it up with a sequel that is equally as compelling, it's like a homerun. It isn't surprising that Persona 4 is having this kind of impact. Its looking likely that its sales will continue to be excellent as well.

Persona 4 has a layered, thoughtful and sometimes disturbing depiction of the Japanese countryside you often don't see it games; its a great deal more tense and spooky than Persona 3 and it has a litany of great improvements in areas that matter, such as faster menus, more visual variety, optional manual control of party members and more complexity in some of the Commu mechanics. It taxes you to make harder choices than the first game, while at the same time making those choices feel less stressful.
  • itamae 18 Jul 2008 13:54:15 9,882 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good to see some Persona love reflected in actual sales charts. Although I fear that next week it will drop off the list, never to be seen again.
  • SuperBas 21 Jul 2008 17:45:25 1,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just a random blurb while playing through FES. Are they removing light and dark attacks? Those were always a stupid idea. Instant kill attacks that work on only some enemies, but all your team members? What the hell were they thinking??
  • saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 06:46:08 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am playing P4 JP atm....there are still Hama, Mudo attacks :) oh and normal P4 is harder than normal in P3 :)
  • Scimarad 22 Jul 2008 07:36:39 8,548 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope it still has all the comments flying around from the various characters in battle - That (and the music) really made the battles in P3 stand out.
  • saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 08:54:45 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes your teammates still comment :) music is way more awesome than it was in P3, i have uploaded 4 tracks ripped from my DVD into filefront but I dont think I can post links here :>

The gameplay is almost the same, yet better...for example if you use mabufu on 5 shadows weak to it and it will hit 3 out of 5 you still get 1 more, while shadow or 1 of your mates is down and they get hit by 2nd in a row attack on their weakness they faint and loose 1 turn. Overally difficulty is harder than it was in P3, even FES which is nice. I am playing on normal tho and I still was destroyed by 1st additional boss in 1st dungeaon (AOE physical hit that hits your team for 300-400 ea while you have 250 hp tops :) ). Sadly my JP skills are weak, even tho that 90% of ingame scenes are voiced which is another improvement comparing to P3 i have problems understanding the plot, so I so wait for December and US release >.>

Btw another cool feature is social links affecting battles, from S.Link lvl 3 your teammate can do special attacks randomly, for example i have Chie (that girl with short hair and shorter skirt - tomboy!) on lvl 3 and her special attack is a kick that makes an instant kill....very random, very op, works on mini bosses (full bosses dont count).

Well if anyone has questions about P4 gameplay I can try and answer.....game is awesome so ya :) worth waiting for US release.

PS: Yukiko in JP VA has the cutes laugh ever haha xD and she always laugh at Chie, which leads to funny scenes :)

PS2: Oh 1 thing worth mentioning is that in P4 player can choose what relationship will have with girls, you can have 1 romantic and rest friends relationship, depends on how you answer in S.Links events...

EDIT:
    Oh also, it feels like the game was designed to manually control your team....I had trouble winning harder fights with AI, its just hard....And since we can control all party members in P4 than why not? :)
  • SuperBas 22 Jul 2008 11:20:04 1,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you spend a lot of time grinding on normal difficulty?

Is the AI for your team still retarded (ie you only need the AI to cast a team healing spell, but Yukari decides to heal just one person, and the rest of the team gets insta-killed in the next enemy turn)?

Does manual control make the fights more fair, or did they "fix" that by giving bosses lots of instant kill attack?

In FES a lot of enemies had dodge skills for the elements they were weak against. Is this still the case?
  • saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 12:01:15 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm i spent around same time on grinding in P4 as in P3, but you lvl faster now as bosses are harder, i was at lvl 20 with MC at the end of first dungeon. But as Persona games are dungeon crawlers you do have to grind from time to time, at least its fun :)

Thing in P4 is that you can make 1/2 or 3 party members controlled by AI, so you can have 1 dude on AI that can for example just go for all attack while you control other 3. The AI is good but for harder fights its a suicide, bosses can be brutal and without good tactics you can die fast.

The manual control is almost same as using AI for random battles, but in boss battles i always go for manual, i wouldnt be able to beat 1st/2nd boss in 1st dungeon without going manual period. I only fought 2 bosses so far and didn't see any dodge moves, as I heard it doesn't matter since after 3rd boss, they don't have any weaknesses. As for instant kills, didn't fight any shadow with those yet, still they can do raping aoe attacks >.> and they like to use status skills like cutting your dodge, hit, attack, def...

As for gameplay there is new guard option (old wait) but now it makes you take less dmg from attacks and makes you immune to your weakness for 1 turn.

• HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 16:45:13 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    for example if you use mabufu on 5 shadows weak to it and it will hit 3 out of 5 you still get 1 more

Great. That really annoyed me in the previous game :p

• Chrono-Kun 22 Jul 2008 17:05:51 467 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    saku_luk wrote:
    PS2: Oh 1 thing worth mentioning is that in P4 player can choose what relationship will have with girls, you can have 1 romantic and rest friends relationship, depends on how you answer in S.Links events...

Awww... So no more being a 'manwhore' D= I still find that hillarious from time to time (4 timing 4 girls ftw =D)

But thankfully, at least P4 sounds better than P3 from what you described. It's just the characters that worry me, as I feel there won't be a hillarious character like Junpei (which is the best character imo)
  • Chrono-Kun 22 Jul 2008 17:14:12 467 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aionic wrote:
    Am I right in assuming this is the same as P3, just with 4 instead of 3 in the title and a different setting? The screenshots I've seen look very much like P3.

If they are near identical, I hope the social link parts are executed in a less tedious manner.

You assumed right, just albiet a more improved version

Well... The Social Links supposed to be overhauled. But you still have reverses and broken, its whether it's less tedious thats the problem
  • HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 17:27:09 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aionic wrote:
    I'm playing P3 atm and I'm trying to fix a reversed social link. How many days/attempts does it take before the characters kiss and make up?

I found it takes between 2 to 3 meetings with the character in question before you're asked to talk about something. If you get it right, the relationship will be repaired and back at the same level it was at before the reverse.

Sometimes you have to talk to them a few times before you can try to make up with them.

The best way to avoid neglecting your fellow classmates is to pay very close attention to what day it is and who will be around during that day. For example, you won't see the shy girl whenever there is a student council meeting.

• saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 17:34:57 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Characters are great tbh :) I like Chie, Yukiko, Yousuke (he is like Junpei) Atlus used same pattern here but characters are more deep imho.

There is so much to do during day its so sad that we cant do it all....You can fish, cook and make a "bento" and share it with your friend at school (it gives points for s.link) or you can study on certain days with them in the library....s.links are way more deep now, all relationships are. Atlus really show that they arent some square-enix that repeats same patterns al the time, they at least improve and there are huge improvements in P4.

Also I "die" everytime i get back to home and Nanako greets me with welcome home.......oniiii chaaaan xd *cough* there is no nose bleed!!! no nose bleed!!

xD
  • HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 17:39:08 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aionic wrote:
    I haven't seen Zanashi (sp? the sports guy) in class since the relationship turned sour. I've tried going to the practice track 2 times with no change, both times there being no dialogue between the characters.

I'll have to remember what you said about the shy girl (you bad at remembering names too? =P) not appearing outside the council room on student council days. Annoyingly, she's only appeared so far when Kenji has been in class. -__-

You just looking for him or are you seeing him and not doing anything?

If it's the former, then try to go to the club on your own. If it's the latter, keep trying and look out for a choice.

Regarding your second paragraph, the game doesn't punish you that harshly. Heck I ignored a load of my characters for a couple of weeks with no ill effects :D. I must have ignored one for a month before the relationship turned :p

• saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 17:40:59 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aionic wrote:
    I haven't seen Zanashi (sp? the sports guy) in class since the relationship turned sour. I've tried going to the practice track 2 times with no change, both times there being no dialogue between the characters.

I'll have to remember what you said about the shy girl (you bad at remembering names too? =P) not appearing outside the council room on student council days. Annoyingly, she's only appeared so far when Kenji has been in class. -__-

Sorry for the double post, but i just noticed it....

Reversed s.link friends will not be in the usual spot, you have to look for them during the day they should be there. All of them should be somewhere in school if its about school links.

As for getting bored after 15h lol xD i cloaked original P3 at 250h total with replays for secret boss haha....still remember how i tormented myself with velvet room music for 4h a day trying to shuffle 4 madyne Lilith (manage to get her) or 4 dyne Cybele ~_~ (took me 2h i think)....The real test of character i had with Scathah xD since she mostly inherit physical skills, giving her salvation/spell master with power charge and high counter was insane....
  • HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 19:31:19 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    saku_luk wrote:
    Aionic wrote:

As for getting bored after 15h lol xD i cloaked original P3 at 250h total with replays for secret boss haha....still remember how i tormented myself with velvet room music for 4h a day trying to shuffle 4 madyne Lilith (manage to get her) or 4 dyne Cybele ~_~ (took me 2h i think)....The real test of character i had with Scathah xD since she mostly inherit physical skills, giving her salvation/spell master with power charge and high counter was insane....

Details of secret boss please (and this notion of tormenting yourself in the Velvet room for 4 hours for 1 persona while you're at it). Spoiler tags needed so as not to spoil Aionic's play :-)

• saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 20:29:41 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you are really sure you want to spoil yourself with who is the secret boss than check spoiler tag :)

Elizabeth is the secret boss in Persona 3, you get to fight her during your 2nd play since only than you can get hidden request....you get it after completing reaper one.
    Spoiler about the fight:
    Elizabeth is at the top of monad, she has 20,000 health so armageddon wont do, she has 8 personas she switch during fight and its essential to have the best armors from farming Messiah Heart Items, no way you can kill her without those....her attacks hits for 450-500 without best armor and accessory :) with those its cut by half. She has 2 attacks per turn. Also her last hit each cycle is a megidolaon for 9999 so you also have to use infinity :) to block it. So ya you have to have few customized personas just for this one fight, as a reward you get omnipotent orb, it makes you immune or strong to all attacks except allmighty, dont remember which, played it some time ago :p.

As for the persona i tormented myself i dunno what you want to know lol, well you know that in order to get the skills you want you have to take into account what skills desired persona inherit etc, for example Lilith prefer mudo spells over anything else, not sure really since i did it long time ago....well to put it simple 4 elemental ma-dyne (all aoe attacks) Lilith is insanly hard to get without luck....you get Lilith from special fusion, i think there is a Lilim there and she is the lowest lvl devil persona....anyway the basic concept is that you have to make reverse fusions in the same arcana to pass the madyne skills and than shuffle shuffle and shuffle and pray to get 4 madyne Lilith.... xD
  • HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 20:34:40 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /Flicks first word in spoiler

ZOMG

/quickly moves pointer away

The only question is err how? Let me guess, you must have the full compendium of Personas (I really did see just the first word!)

• saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 20:54:57 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nope, but its good to have it and all the fusion spells for FES :)
  • HiddenAway 22 Jul 2008 21:58:45 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, the spoiler is too great for me to read it through to the end but thanks anyway. Hopefully I'll forget in a few days and be back to normal :p

Then I can start FES with a renewed rigour.

Speaking of which, as I've finished P3 for the first time, should I restart from the beginning of FES? Or just use my old completed save file?

• saku_luk 22 Jul 2008 22:38:55 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Use your save, and i would even load your very last save game and get all fusion spells just for FES new game, trust me it makes all things easier :)
  • HiddenAway 23 Jul 2008 19:36:59 14,890 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I never used fusion spells in the first play anyway. Oh, and I reached level 99 with 999,999,999 yen. All of the other characters also reached level 99 but as I know already, those stats are wiped out :p.

• saku_luk 24 Jul 2008 06:39:07 215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you plan on getting PAL FES, than reloading your last save of the original game and using all fusions is the way to go. FES has new quests that makes you use those fusions for rewards :)

PS: 2nd dungeaon cleared in P4...did it kinda underleveled and it took me 15 mins or so to beat the boss kaka :p
  • Page

of 46 First / Last