International 'nutter runs amok' shootings thread (inspired by America) Page 4

• Page

of 54 First / Last

• Genji 11 Mar 2009 13:30:56 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure people will find someone responsible for this. There's always someone to blame.
  • Khanivor 11 Mar 2009 13:35:34 39,869 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What people fail to realise is that, like drugs, sometimes people do this just for fun!
  • Genji 11 Mar 2009 13:38:36 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Time to break out some of that uultra-viiiiolence, I think. A bit of the in-out, in-out, listening to Ludwig Van.
  • SirScratchalot 11 Mar 2009 13:43:36 7,872 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Way to hijack a news story for your own personal chip on your shoulder...
    What was your point again?
    Seeing as the finnish shooting, which as far as I know is the most recent european one wound up exactly as you described, maybe ease up on the niteninja stuff eh?

Whoah, calm down there big man. Step away from the handgun, you wouldn't want to have a rage control issue ;)

/Grabs nearest stapler...
    /Attempts to go on stapling spree, but who am I kidding? When was there last a functioning stapler in this office...

Anyway, sorry, school shootings always make me a bit cranky...
  • Deleted user 11 March 2009 13:47:46
    Ms ED209's family lives about 30 minutes drive away from all this, in Andalusia. Going there in August. Lovely, my mum will be pleased about this latest catastrophe. Last time we were there we almost got caught in the hurricane season.
  • otto Moderator 11 Mar 2009 14:05:33 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The shooting in Germany is in my family's home town; my mum grew up in a small village just next to it and my grandfather's family are all from there. I know it pretty well, it's a small place and really nice. We always head there for spaghetti eis on summer evenings. My cousins are all either too old or their kids are too young to be at this school; I think. I hope.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Syrette 11 Mar 2009 14:21:43 41,802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• Syrette 11 Mar 2009 14:24:19 41,802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The thread title should be changed to 'Shootings thread', as these events clearly aren't exclusive to America.

• smoothpete 11 Mar 2009 14:29:33 31,017 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    khani's pajamas have bald eagles on them and he sleeps draped in the stars and stripes, with Amazing Grave playing softly on repeat on the stereo
  • JuanKerr 11 Mar 2009 14:32:32 36,094 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    khani's pajamas have bald eagles on them and he sleeps draped in the stars and stripes, with Amazing Grave playing softly on repeat on the stereo

And his pillow is a giant twinkie.
  • otto Moderator 11 Mar 2009 14:33:17 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    The thread title should be changed to 'Shootings thread', as these events clearly aren't exclusive to America.
    Yeah agreed, I'll change it.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• otto Moderator 11 Mar 2009 14:34:05 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How's that?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• JuanKerr 11 Mar 2009 14:34:10 36,094 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's some good modding right there.
  • Deleted user 11 March 2009 14:35:17
    ModoftheDay?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 07:16:14
    I find it slightly bizarre that the shootings in America were nowhere to be found on the news this morning, and yet the German ones are still getting plenty of airtime - presumably because children and specifically girls were shot.
  • cubbymoore 12 Mar 2009 07:20:00 36,441 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People shooting up a lot of other people for no reason isn't really news if it's in america, it's like all those another bomb's gone off and killed 57 people in Iraq stories that no-one gives a crap about.
  • Wastelander 12 Mar 2009 15:21:53 1,848 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spotted this on the BBC story:

German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said he could not see how a change in the country's weapons laws would have prevented what happened.

"We are checking everything but our arms law is very strict," he said.

But he said Germany had to consider whether tighter controls on access to violent imagery were needed.

The family owned 13 guns.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 15:25:50
    Still finding it quite incredibly BIZARRE how little press the Alabama shootings are getting. It can't possibly be because it was in America. It's not like the Germans don't have quite the history of murdering people.

Sorry, slightly sick joke at nobody's real expense, there. I do think it's a tragedy, of course, but still. Two shootings at exactly the same time. One gets buried, the other is front page news. Odd.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 15:27:40
    Wastelander wrote:
    Spotted this on the BBC story:

German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said he could not see how a change in the country's weapons laws would have prevented what happened.

"We are checking everything but our arms law is very strict," he said.

But he said Germany had to consider whether tighter controls on access to violent imagery were needed.

The family owned 13 guns.

German politicians as Fucking Stupid as our own shocker!
  • Lutz 12 Mar 2009 15:29:41 48,854 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As sad as it is, it probably is because the US one isn't exactly an original story. This sort of thing doesn't happen in Germany very often.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 15:33:42
    Yeah, I know. Just really odd. But hey, they have to sell papers.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 15:35:07
    Also, from an editorial perspective very similar stories.

No news outlet would cover them both separately and in-depth as it'd be repetitive for their readers, who they no doubt view as being dim proles requiring a steady diet of celebrity and scandal.
  • otto Moderator 12 Mar 2009 15:39:49 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    I find it slightly bizarre that the shootings in America were nowhere to be found on the news this morning, and yet the German ones are still getting plenty of airtime - presumably because children and specifically girls were shot.
    Well it's a bigger story when it happens in our own back yard isn't it?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• otto Moderator 12 Mar 2009 15:40:48 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    It's not like the Germans don't have quite the history of murdering people.
    Do fuck off Owen.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• ronuds 12 Mar 2009 15:52:57 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What shootings have happened in America recently that deserve to be all over the news?

• LeoliansBro 12 Mar 2009 15:54:08 41,863 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bloody hell Owen, you do talk shite don't you.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• crisotunity 12 Mar 2009 17:16:37 149 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It has already started: 2 mentions of Counter Strike in this article. No comment on whether table tennis had a worse effect on the lad; or the fact that his family were gun-nuts:

A 17-year-old who gave his name as Aki said he had been studying alongside Kretschmer at a private business school in the region and described him as a quiet and reserved boy who enjoyed playing Counter-Strike, a multi-player game that involves carrying out assassinations to complete missions. "He was good," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/12/school-shooting-germany-letter
  • rudedudejude 12 Mar 2009 17:21:00 2,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I expected this soon - one of the first things they metioned on the news report the other days when it happened that made me think 'FOR FUCKS SAKE"!"' was along the lines of..

"we are checking out what he did, the music he listened to, the games he played, his hobbies and suchlike'

fkkin joke tbh.

I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THE AMSWERS THERE LETS BAN THIS FILTH IT MAKES PPL KILLERS AAGHGHGG!
  • MetalDog 12 Mar 2009 17:28:30 23,706 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wonder if they're checking out the prescribed drugs he was on? Weren't quite a few of the school shooting kids in the USA on drugs for 'ADD'?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Stickman 12 Mar 2009 17:29:41 29,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stuff like this really lends weight to my applications for football management jobs. I bet I play FM much more than this guy played Counter Strike.

Also, my family owns 15 footballs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Page

of 54 First / Last