International 'nutter runs amok' shootings thread (inspired by America) Page 5

• Page

of 65 First / Last

• rudedudejude 12 Mar 2009 17:30:51 2,150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman I feel you are probably liable to commit murder by football in the 18 minutes based on your violent games playing tendancies.
  • Stickman 12 Mar 2009 17:31:20 29,657 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How dare you say that?! I'LL KILL YOU!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Toonster 12 Mar 2009 17:33:47 6,835 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I live in Los Angeles, and there was a shoot-out near my campus last night. Sent out alerts telling everyone to stay indoors. Thankfully, nobody got shot except one of the perpetrators. The other three were taken into custody.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Dynamize 12 Mar 2009 17:42:38 1,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Hunam wrote:
    Least the American shooter had the common decency to kill himself afterwards.

I was hoping there would actually be a trial this time...
    I would so fucking much like to hold someone responsible for once.
    Have there been any cases of the attacker being taken alive? I agree it'd be great to have someone brought to account on this, but also for the chance to find out why these people do it.
    Stick them in a psych hospital, question and analyse the hell out of them, find out where this teen misanthropy, hate, whatever, is coming from and how we can turn it around.
  • BTBAM 12 Mar 2009 18:30:04 1,550 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    Stickman I feel you are probably liable to commit murder by football in the 18 minutes based on your violent games playing tendancies.

Football Manager has brought me closer to it then any other game.

Anyone else ever been two inches away from the monitor, breathing so heavily you're sweating and screaming 'I FUCKING WILL, I FUCKING WILL Y'KNOW' with a clenched fist before fining everyone in your team, issuing an ultimatum to the board for more money, getting sacked and then having to quietly skulk away and reload?

Then you find out you haven't saved it for 3 hours and like the cunt you are you have to restart and sit there fanatically saving the game every 10 seconds for 2 minutes out of sheer hysteria, and then forgetting again until the next painful defeat, usually after destroying Barcelona 5-0 and having to suffer the indignation of losing to Fulham for NO APPARENT REASON

Just me?
  • Tremendosaurus 13 Mar 2009 11:26:04 1,197 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The President of the German Foundation for Crime, Hans-Dieter Schwind, calls... for a total ban on violent computer games...

linky

I thought Germany was already quite strict on this sort of thing? I remember when they had a cut-down version of Carmageddon featuring robots instead of people to run over.

Won't somebody think of the robot children!?
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Mar 2009 11:29:16 35,423 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great, isn't it. Before they called for a total ban, they made clear that knee-jerk reactions concerning weapons law are inappropriate. Because it's totally normal to own 17 guns in Germany and have several hundred rounds of ammunition lying about.
  • rudedudejude 13 Mar 2009 11:33:58 2,150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, it was 17 guns in the wardrobe, but no red blood in carmageddon please!

Cue green blood and humans being re-skinned as zombies.
  • Salaman 13 Mar 2009 11:50:14 18,859 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dynamize wrote:
    Have there been any cases of the attacker being taken alive? I agree it'd be great to have someone brought to account on this, but also for the chance to find out why these people do it.
    Stick them in a psych hospital, question and analyse the hell out of them, find out where this teen misanthropy, hate, whatever, is coming from and how we can turn it around.

The guy that did the stabbings in a Belgian nursery recently was taken alive. Not a shooter but a stabber and someone with a history of depression & mental health problems and who one day decided to go out and kill some people (including babies in this case :-( )
  • RetardStrong 13 Mar 2009 12:10:08 3,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think these cases are pretty well studied and we all more or less know the profile for these kind of people. But then again we know the profile for people who are suicidal, doesn't mean we can magically prevent all suicides.

Now, let's just blame games for it and be done with it.

Untill the next shooting,

Then we can blame heavy metal again.
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Mar 2009 12:12:37 24,950 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I blame Marilyn Manson.
  • cubbymoore 13 Mar 2009 12:31:48 36,468 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can we have a ban on depressed people, that'd make more sense. Them getting all depressed and killing everyone. Like, I'd totally be up for eugenics if it included depressed people.
  • urban 13 Mar 2009 12:32:08 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /me is listening to black label society

ofcourse i'm another one who cannot understand why they are so quick to blame computer games, so the fact that the kid sent a letter saying that he couldn't go on and was withdrawn from everyone wasn't a tell tale sign? this was his escape.

not computer games.
  • Kain201 13 Mar 2009 13:58:19 1,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, we have this year an election (Bundestag, chancellor) in germany.

And the big political parties are quite nervous because of some bad surveys.

Also, most of the politicians that blame computer games for the problems of the world are conservatives (at least in germany).
  • RedSparrows 13 Mar 2009 14:08:58 21,994 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    and elsewhere, normally.
  • boo 13 Mar 2009 15:05:06 11,703 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A-ha!

Didn't take long before someone blamed it on computer games.

"The actual problem is violent computer games," says Georg Stiel, president of the (shooting) club in Volksdorf.

"They mislead young ones, letting them shoot people and animals without being at risk themselves. I would have those games banned."

Just Another Lego Blog

• thefilthandthefury 13 Mar 2009 15:07:47 24,950 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How about blaming, you know, the guns...
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Mar 2009 15:10:05 24,950 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know, it's rappers... but I just felt like flipping their argument onto something else pointless.
  • Kain201 13 Mar 2009 15:13:14 1,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So a president of a shooting club says that computer games are the problem.

Seriously, you didn't expect a different answer, did you?
  • thrawn 13 Mar 2009 15:49:40 891 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BTBAM wrote:
    Adam_T wrote:

Football Manager has brought me closer to it then any other game.

Anyone else ever been two inches away from the monitor, breathing so heavily you're sweating and screaming 'I FUCKING WILL, I FUCKING WILL Y'KNOW' with a clenched fist before fining everyone in your team, issuing an ultimatum to the board for more money, getting sacked and then having to quietly skulk away and reload?

Then you find out you haven't saved it for 3 hours and like the cunt you are you have to restart and sit there fanatically saving the game every 10 seconds for 2 minutes out of sheer hysteria, and then forgetting again until the next painful defeat, usually after destroying Barcelona 5-0 and having to suffer the indignation of losing to Fulham for NO APPARENT REASON

Just me?

No, I threatened my computer with a hammer because of FM once. That was a long time ago though. I control my anger better now*

*May not be true.
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Mar 2009 15:56:23 24,950 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find if you sweet talk the PC when playing Football Manager you tend to do better. If you even think, for one second, "I'm going to win this" then it reads your mind and makes you lose. It knows all.
  • Deleted user 13 March 2009 17:34:38
    NewYork wrote:The gunmen are never chicks, I notice.
    Meet Brenda Ann. Strangely enough, this was long before the "violent computer games" and she claimed she did it "for fun".

Found about her in the comments of a Swedish article* by some retarded zealot who sets the blame on computer games where "murder, torture and rape" are promoted. She has two teenage boys so she knows what she's talking about!

*edit: .se article for .se people
  • espy 13 Mar 2009 18:38:02 840 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    boo wrote:
    A-ha!

Didn't take long before someone blamed it on computer games.

"The actual problem is violent computer games," says Georg Stiel, president of the (shooting) club in Volksdorf.

"They mislead young ones, letting them shoot people and animals without being at risk themselves. I would have those games banned."

Well of course he's going to blame it on games, he's the president of a bloody shooting club. Apart from that, the debate has actually a lot less populistic game-bashing this time around, after an initial bout of "ooh, he had CS on his pc" and tabloids and politicians (elections! Git yer name out there!) going mental, it's all settled down in a rather surprising manner.

Oh, and he did kill himself, after a policeman shot him in the leg twice.

• Benno 13 Mar 2009 18:42:38 9,771 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its fact that if you play violent video games and listen to rammstein you are highly likely to comit a gun rampage in your local school.

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Benno 13 Mar 2009 18:42:52 9,771 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HERE COMES THE SONNE

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• ronuds 13 Mar 2009 18:56:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If someone doesn't realize why it's ok to kill people in video games as opposed to the real world, it's likely they have other issues to sort out and probably shouldn't be playing games in the 1st place.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2009 18:22:54
    And another one
  • Khanivor 3 Apr 2009 18:36:45 40,363 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Seems to be the season for it. There have been a few more recently; I think the media is getting bored.
  • boo 3 Apr 2009 22:42:40 11,703 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A spokesman for the NRA said: "His apartment was said to contain traces of cheese. This was clearly what drove him to it, and the fact that you can buy assault rifles in the supermarket has nothing to do with it. Not at all. No way. No sirree."

Just Another Lego Blog

• Oh-Bollox 6 Apr 2009 00:35:34 5,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Father shoots five kids and self.

"That'll teach the whore." He reportedly didn't say around the muzzle of the gun, stuck in his mouth like a big cock of death.
  • Page

of 65 First / Last