International 'nutter runs amok' shootings thread (inspired by America)

• Page

of 65 First / Last

Previous
  • NewYork 12 Dec 2007 00:48:14 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A cover all thread for all future American shootings.
  • NewYork 12 Dec 2007 00:48:24 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    US students hurt in bus shooting
    Two students were critically injured and four others hurt when they came under fire as they left a school bus in Las Vegas, US police say.

The six were all either middle or high school students and were shot just before 1400 (2200 GMT), the Associated Press news agency reports.

At least two people are believed to have taken part in the shootings, a police officer said.

It was not clear if the suspects were on foot or in a vehicle.
  • saysomething 12 Dec 2007 00:56:36 1,245 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck gun control.
  • Red-Moose 12 Dec 2007 01:14:38 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should it not be renamed The **Official** American Shootings Thread.
  • FWB 12 Dec 2007 01:33:38 43,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Accidently, but yee-ha!
  • Charlie_Miso 12 Dec 2007 02:30:44 1,191 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i blame halo
  • NewYork 12 Dec 2007 08:51:31 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More info
    LAS VEGAS - Assailants shot six young people Tuesday who had stepped off a bus coming from a high school in a midday attack just blocks from two elementary schools, authorities said.

Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie said the incident appeared to have been sparked by a fight at a high school earlier in the day. The fight, which is believed to involve a girlfriend, resulted in three arrests at Mohave High School, he said.

An 18-year-old man remained in critical condition with gunshots to the torso Tuesday evening. A 17-year-old male was upgraded from critical to serious condition.

Two individuals suspected in the shooting, which occurred just before 2 p.m, were waiting at the stop for the bus, police said. The suspects remained at large, Gillespie said.

Police did not release the names or ages of the wounded.

The three male students arrested after the fight at the high school were about 16 years old, said school district police Lt. Ken Young. Young released no other information about the school fight.

Officials said the school district had activated a crisis-response plan and would be adding security to all Clark County schools.

"I think the number one question on many minds tonight is, 'Is it safe to send my kids to school tomorrow?"' Gillespie said. "The answer is yes. I am a father, I have a daughter and she will be attending school tomorrow."

Mohave High School, in North Las Vegas, had some 2,300 students last year, and is one of the larger high schools in the northeast region. About a third of the students are Hispanic, about a third are black and about a quarter are white, according to district materials..

A basketball game at Mojave scheduled for Tuesday evening was to continue with an increased security presence, Rodriguez said.
  • NewYork 12 Dec 2007 11:38:48 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Omaha shooter's suicide note (including mispellings, excluding expletives):

family

I'm so sorry for what I've put you through I never meant to hurt all of you so much and I don't blame any one of you for disowning me I just can't be a burden to you and my friends any longer You are all better off without me. I'm so sorry for this.

I've just snapped I can't take this meaningless existence anymore I've been a constant disappointment and that trend would have only continued. just remember the good times we had together

I love you mommy

I love you dad

I love you Kira

I love you Valancia

I love you Cynthia

I love you Zach

I love you Cayla

I love you Mark (P.S. I'm really sorry)

___

friends

To all of my friends I'm so sorry for what I've done to you and put you through. I've been a peice of (expletive) my entire life it seems this is my only option. I know everyone will remember me as some sort of monster but please understand that I just don't want to be a burden on the ones that I care for my entire life. I just want to take a few peices of (expletive) with me. I love all of you so much and I don't want anyone to miss me just think about how much better you are off without me to support. I want my friends to remember all the good times we had together. Just think tho I'm gonna be (expletive) famous. You guys have always been there for me I'm just sad that I'm gonna have to go this alone. You guys are the best friends anyone could ever ask for. That's all I have to say is that I (expletive) you guys.

P.S. I didn't eat that (expletive) sandwich or the toielet thing either!

___

my will

I'm giving my car back to my mom and my friends can have whatever else I leave behind

Signed (Hawkins' signature)

Social (his Social Security number)
  • Dynamize 12 Dec 2007 11:43:20 1,672 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hawkins?!
  • NewYork 12 Dec 2007 11:45:23 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the

P.S. I didn't eat that (expletive) sandwich or the toielet thing either!
    He didn't eat that f***in' sandwich! You can't argue back now!
  • Deleted user 12 December 2007 11:46:24
    Maybe it was a shit sandwich.
  • Mike_Hunt 12 Dec 2007 11:47:00 23,512 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thread? We could dedicate an entire sub-forum to this topic.

[MH]
  • FWB 13 Dec 2007 23:46:36 43,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One for the 13th

Old news, but do like the "killer trying to rain Columbine down on the Christian world" comment.
  • FWB 3 Feb 2008 00:52:43 43,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One to break in February.
  • ecureuil 14 Feb 2008 22:20:28 76,535 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just been another one at a University near Chicago. Breaking news on BBC.

There's a lot of injuries but no-one confirmed killed yet.
  • NewYork 14 Feb 2008 22:49:44 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The gunmen are never chicks, I notice.
  • phAge 14 Feb 2008 22:50:35 24,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Women can't handle guns.
  • Metalfish 14 Feb 2008 22:52:24 8,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    *Insert obiligitory "chicks who love guns" link here*

*You know, pulp fiction.
  • PazJohnMitch 14 Feb 2008 22:53:48 7,834 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    Women can't handle guns.

Or maybe they can? That is why the tend not to accidentally kill each other.

(Admitedly this thread is mainly about kill crazy fuckwits not accidents).
  • NewYork 14 Feb 2008 22:55:14 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Crazy women just let out their frustrations by entering abusive relationships.

That's my theory.
  • smoothpete 15 Feb 2008 09:57:55 31,362 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    5 dead in that Chicago one I see
  • w00t 15 Feb 2008 09:59:34 11,053 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    'You'll take our guns from our cold dead hands'

Yes. That does appear to be the main method at the moment.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• AcidSnake 15 Feb 2008 10:08:46 7,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They'll never admit that gun ownership is a cause as well...

I'm reading that the gunner hit 21 people...Sounds like he just sprayed the room...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• smoothpete 15 Feb 2008 10:08:48 31,362 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's fucking nuts really, but what can they do about it now? They'd need to go around taking everyone's guns off them, and that would cause a massive and violent backlash
  • AcidSnake 15 Feb 2008 10:15:39 7,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    It's fucking nuts really, but what can they do about it now? They'd need to go around taking everyone's guns off them, and that would cause a massive and violent backlash

Well, I'd think that if they simply stop selling them it would slowly decrease the number of guns in circulation...
    Anything's better than this...

Ofcourse if someone really wanted he or she would find a gun regardless, but at least it can be made more difficult...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• nickthegun 15 Feb 2008 10:19:26 58,907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The token american in our office said that they should tighten up gun purchase requirements to make them difficult to buy and make the owner of a gun an accessory to the crime.

i.e. if someone takes your gun and kills someone, you are partly responsible.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• AcidSnake 15 Feb 2008 10:34:04 7,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @nickthegun:
    Interesting thought, but that would just create an impossible situation...
    What if your gun gets stolen?
    You would be responsible even if its miles away...Naturally you could report the theft of the gun immediately, but so could someone who's gun is not stolen...

I'd really like to see them only sell hunting rifles...That way the hunters have what they need and we wouldn't have machine guns mowing down kids...

• smoothpete 15 Feb 2008 10:42:40 31,362 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can legally buy machine guns in certain states if you pay the right taxes and fill the right forms in. California has really tight firearm legislation for example, but it's up to the individual states to enforce. They introduced a law some years ago banning the sale of magazines with a capacity higher than 10 rounds but all that means is you have to reload more often. And you can still legally buy magazines with a higher capacity if they were manufactured before the ban, which is fucked up.

The majority of these shootings aren't with machine guns but pistols. And the constitution protects the rights of the people to bear arms, there is such a culture of home protection with shotguns and pistols that there'd be a fucking revolution if they tried to take people's weapons from them

Re: tighter controls on purchases, some states have a cooling off period but that does fuck all good really. Just means you have to wait a while before you blow people's heads off

Also some states used to have (maybe still do, not sure) this pathetic multiple choice questionnaire to fill in when buying a gun, and true/false thing. Some of the questions were ridiculous, like laughably stupid. And you didn't have to get them all right, you only had to get 70% or something

No lie, this was one of the questions:

"A gun should be worn as a fashion accessory: True or False?"

/facepalms
  • Fat-Boy 15 Feb 2008 10:46:05 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Couldn't they say "Anyone born after 1987 will not be allowed to purchase firearms"? Wouldn't that go some way to changing the culture? i.e. If you've never owned a gun, you're less likey to want one. It'd be a very long term solution, and wouldn't stop things like this happening overnight, but it looks like it's the gun ownership culture in America that needs changing.
  • AcidSnake 15 Feb 2008 10:49:58 7,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Fat Boy:
    Well, then prepare for a geriatric revolution! :)

Seriously though, what would it take for the US to come to terms with the equation:
    More guns = more gun crimes ?

• Page

of 65 First / Last

Previous