Why do i bother...

  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
  • Xensor 6 Dec 2007 02:49:17 1,052 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ... reading any comments thread for any game any more on this site? They are all, universally, depressing identical.

    Comment 1 - short, not very funny tho it tries, mostly harmless.
    Comment 2 - longer, interesting, worth a read if you're lucky.
    Comment 3 - Fanboy bilge.
    Comment 4 - Troll finger-farts.
    Comment 5 - repeat 3 and 4 until all meaning is lost.

    I remember a time when the fields were green and pleasant, debate was honest and fun (i hope someone is whistling the hovis theme!) and the Eurogamer forums and comment threads were a friendly, sociable place to be... ah those long lost, halcyon days of yore...

    Now its all "shitcock" and "lolnub". GIFT in full effect. I hate it.
  • Kami 6 Dec 2007 02:53:59 2,435 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Xensor wrote:
    Now its all "shitcock" and "lolnub". GIFT in full effect. I hate it.

    True, but there are still gems to be had. You just have to sift through the garbage a bit.

    Much like anything in life, really... ooh, shiney...

    Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

  • Xensor 6 Dec 2007 02:57:00 1,052 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kami wrote:

    You just have to sift through the garbage a bit.


    I had a sift through the Uncharted comment thread. Nuff said.
  • Kami 6 Dec 2007 02:57:53 2,435 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Xensor wrote:
    I had a sift through the Uncharted comment thread. Nuff said.

    Fair point... I think that's enough to make anyone lose the will to live...

    Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

  • DodgyPast 6 Dec 2007 06:03:50 8,475 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Xensor wrote:
    I remember a time when the fields were green and pleasant, debate was honest and fun (i hope someone is whistling the hovis theme!) and the Eurogamer forums and comment threads were a friendly, sociable place to be... ah those long lost, halcyon days of yore...
    To be fair most comments threads whilst interesting tended to be interested because of the off-topic conversation rather than on-topic.

    Also I'm sure someone will link the WWE comments thread which dates from that time.

    Still even the forum is pretty polluted these days :(
  • Khanivor 6 Dec 2007 06:13:10 40,808 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Too many tard hunters have hung up their hats and put the safeties on the blunderbuss.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Dec 2007 06:40:49 38,283 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Also I'm sure someone will link the WWE comments thread which dates from that time.
    Sadly those comment threads were ruined when the site changed so only registered users could comment. All the tard posts are gone.

    Donit.

    Unless they're in webarchive, but I can't be arsed looking.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Retroid Moderator 6 Dec 2007 06:42:13 44,799 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Looks at most of the UIDs in this thread

    ...

    /n00b
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Dec 2007 06:46:10 38,283 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • DodgyPast 6 Dec 2007 09:02:58 8,475 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    /Looks at most of the UIDs in this thread

    ...

    /n00b
    Well you can pretend that your less of a noob than me :p
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
Log in or register to reply