• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 16 Jan 2014 14:34:39 17,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah it was fucking great.
    Yeah. I've sort of got used to pubs without it, but even as a non smoker I'd still prefer smoking to be allowed in clubs. They're just wrong now.
    Hah yeah, the smoking areas of clubs are amazing in some places, sixty people all pushed into this tiny cordoned off area with everyone jostling for position. It's weird.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Steve_Perry 16 Jan 2014 14:37:05 4,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun - Ah I see. I used to work in a club up the road from Revolution and it was a joy cleaning up about 30,000 fags when the place shut. 60 of which were probably yours.

Edited by Steve_Perry at 14:37:20 16-01-2014

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Khanivor 16 Jan 2014 14:37:41 40,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We were a lucky generation; the best toys and cartoons in the 80s, great music and scenes in the 90s and there were still real pubs to get pissed in, drugs were of decent quality and you could smoke a whole joint and be able to function AND you could smoke fags while on the lash.

I feel sorry for the poor cunts that came after us. Such a sterile corporate world they live in.
  • nickthegun 16 Jan 2014 14:41:37 60,517 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Steve_Perry - Was it the loft? My mates used to put technique on there, so you probably cleared up a few roaches of mine too.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Steve_Perry 16 Jan 2014 14:43:53 4,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    @Steve_Perry - Was it the loft? My mates used to put technique on there, so you probably cleared up a few roaches of mine too.
    It was yes, under a couple of different names though. This was about 2002-05.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• nickthegun 16 Jan 2014 14:44:35 60,517 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True story - I once saw Shy FXs cock in the toilets there.

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2014 14:51:50 28,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've seen Shay Givens cock.
  • Deckard1 16 Jan 2014 14:53:28 28,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Actually it was Steve Harper. Shit.
  • nickthegun 16 Jan 2014 14:54:05 60,517 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im sure they are quite similar.

• SolidSCB 16 Jan 2014 14:58:35 6,932 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone who watches football has seen Steve Harper's cock. Spending 20 years sitting on the bench at Newcastle, it was inevitible that we were going to get an unfortunate camera angle pointing up the leg of his shorts once in a while.
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2014 15:22:11 7,858 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah it was fucking great.
    Yeah. I've sort of got used to pubs without it, but even as a non smoker I'd still prefer smoking to be allowed in clubs. They're just wrong now.
    I'm the complete opposite, I was a smoker when the ban came in and I was all for it.
  • Steve_Perry 16 Jan 2014 15:27:02 4,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Has there been much research done into the effects of the ban on public health?

VIVA STEFANSEN

• macmurphy 10 Mar 2014 00:07:42 999 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bump. Was smoking for about six years, started off with drink, then with a cup of tea and ended up on about ten a day. Got shortness of breath about a month ago whilst smoking a cigarette, tried to smoke about five more over the next day or so and every time got short of breath.

Quit instantly, went to docs and he said it was very unusual but chest X-ray and bloods clear (says cancer should get picked up on bloods as it makes you slightly anaemic and I didn't have this). Still getting short of breath, this from a guy who was very crazy fit and still seemed ok.

I've read a bit online and it seems I'd be pretty unlucky to have picked up COPD or emphysema after on average a six year, five a day habit. So it could have been a lung infection. Apparently an awful lot of people get shortness of breath after they quit, and it can last a long time. It relates to anxiety, both the anxiety of quitting and the anxiety of life that smoking helped to suppress. Did anybody here get it? How long did it last?

I have a repeat appointment with the doc in a month, but he seems to think it's stress. Does anybody know anyone else that quit and then started feeling out of breath? Or am I just fucked?
  • Deckard1 10 Mar 2014 07:40:31 28,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds like cancer to me
  • FWB 10 Mar 2014 08:08:28 44,852 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nope. Smoked for ten years. At my peak a pack a day, but never felt what you have. But then people are different, eh?
  • macmurphy 10 Mar 2014 08:36:22 999 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Sounds like cancer to me
    Thanks mate. You're like morale on a stick.
  • henro_ben 10 Mar 2014 09:27:00 2,220 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh. I need to stop smoking.

Stopped for a couple of years, but then started again when I met the gf - is hard to resist when you're with someone who smokes.

Seem to remember it being two loooong weeks of feeling twitchy and uncomfortable and then it became easier but am not much looking forward to it. Suspect it'll be a bit harder this time as she still smokes occasionally, although she's cut down massively.

The real question is... do I buy Dark Souls 2 to distract myself or will it make me more likely to snap and have a cigarette?!
  • Fab4 10 Mar 2014 13:30:21 6,115 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Worst I had from quitting smoking was the chronic heartburn...never had shortness of breath.

I'll be off them for 3 years in 2 weeks time :)
  • tincanrocket 10 Mar 2014 14:40:43 3,022 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    True story - I once saw Shy FXs cock in the toilets there.
    Is that some kind of code for a massive floater?
  • wayneh 10 Mar 2014 14:57:40 2,381 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    henro_ben wrote:
    Ugh. I need to stop smoking.

Stopped for a couple of years, but then started again when I met the gf - is hard to resist when you're with someone who smokes.

Seem to remember it being two loooong weeks of feeling twitchy and uncomfortable and then it became easier but am not much looking forward to it. Suspect it'll be a bit harder this time as she still smokes occasionally, although she's cut down massively.

The real question is... do I buy Dark Souls 2 to distract myself or will it make me more likely to snap and have a cigarette?!
    Have you tried e-cigs, you still get the nicotine high with none of the nasty shit. It's easier to slowly wean yourself off of e-cigs as well as you can just have a couple of puffs rather than a whole cig

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• lucky_jim 10 Mar 2014 15:01:05 5,326 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @wayneh

Seconded. Got an e-cig on 27 December, have smoked one cig since (when drunk) and didn't enjoy it as much as my e-cig. Given that I was smoking filterless roll-ups for almost 20 years, that's quite a turnaround.
  • henro_ben 10 Mar 2014 15:38:37 2,220 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I've got an e-cig. Lost it ages ago but managed to find it the other day - will charge it up and see if it still works!
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Mar 2014 15:56:15 17,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    Have you tried e-cigs, you still get the nicotine high with none of the nasty shit. It's easier to slowly wean yourself off of e-cigs as well as you can just have a couple of puffs rather than a whole cig
    Or you can spend all day chain vaping like I do :-)

• prawnking1980 29 Jun 2014 21:04:13 4,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trying to quit smoking one again, not had one for two weeks now. Was wearing a patch and using an ecig when felt the need, but not worn a patch for a week.

Smoking an e CIG only now, went to visit the UK e CIG store in Wembley last weekend, been smoking a nice mango liquid for the last week.
  • GamerscoreWhore 29 Jun 2014 22:52:45 1 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    It's all about Vaping :) Get yourself an iTaste VV 3.0
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Jun 2014 09:30:43 8,048 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going to one of these stores today to buy my first e-cig

http://www.ziggicig.com/shop/advanced-kits/

Hoping to get the 25 one or thereabouts with some refills. Bit nervous, been a long time smoker but the money I'm spending is just incredible and of course am feeling it on my health.

So, long time smokers, how have you been finding the e-cigs in your quest to get clean?
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jun 2014 09:44:07 17,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    So, long time smokers, how have you been finding the e-cigs in your quest to get clean?
    Excellent. Although it is replacing one habit with another but it's a healthier and cheaper habit. Get yourself over to the e-cigarette adventure thread as that has loads of useful advice.

• Pinky_Floyd 30 Jun 2014 09:48:49 8,048 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True, 270 odd quid a month versus what, 10-15?

Do you find the e-cigs as satisfying nicotine wise as a normal cig?
  • Page

of 21 First / Last