Gambling Page 9

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• warlockuk 3 Nov 2009 23:38:11 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, and don't be a twat with your budget. Reign it in a bit and only have what you can afford to lose, that way you won't be shitting thousands.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 3 November 2009 23:39:51
    ps - my ex father-in-law is this guy so is it ok if I get him at my house for tips?

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2008/1/uk-poker-surinder-sunar.htm
  • Syrette 3 Nov 2009 23:42:13 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ignoring me eh, Blize.

I see how it is.

;_;

• GiarcYekrub 3 Nov 2009 23:42:47 3,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd payed off all my credit cards a few months back, but rather than wait one month so I could buy myself some nice stuff, I decided to bet big(for me) on some odds on "certs" well it looks like March will be my debt free month now Doh!
  • warlockuk 3 Nov 2009 23:44:45 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    D'oh. Gamcare for you, too. 0845 6000 133. Open 8am - midnight, 7 days a week.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 3 November 2009 23:45:02
    Blize - we are still pretty tight despite the divorce - I'm sure if I got some bevvies in and a few pizzas he would be game but don't count on it - I can call him during the game anyhow when I have you face down begging for mercy :)
  • FWB 3 Nov 2009 23:49:18 44,091 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like cards, but not a fan of playing for (big) money. I wouldn't know what to do with the cash and I don't have enough to afford losing.

Once bet on a horse cos a mate said it was a sure thing... turned out it was. Aside from that the only gambling I'll ever do are the 2p coin pushing machines. Love them.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2009 23:51:58
    There is no cash its only chips. Its only when you walk away from the table do you actually think about the cash aspect.

Got to visit my shrink again as Blize has put me in a gambling mood which I know is a no-no
  • FWB 3 Nov 2009 23:53:25 44,091 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well it is money, no matter how you dress it up. I'm not criticising anyone for it. I can totally understand the appeal. I like the game and I've even watched some poker on TV. I just don't get a buzz from gambling.
  • warlockuk 3 Nov 2009 23:55:58 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can see the appeal. But also, I can see the need for managing it - like any vice. You don't just eat and eat and eat or smoke and smoke and smoke every time you get near a pie or a pack o' fags. Moderation - not necessarily reigning back, just monitoring what you play and staying in control I guess. Which is half the battle, I guess. :) Resource management :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• FWB 4 Nov 2009 00:00:18 44,091 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like resource management sims. May be I should get into gambling JUST for that aspect. Although I guess by not gambling I am managing them fairly well.
  • warlockuk 4 Nov 2009 00:07:04 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same here ^__^

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• dufftownallan 4 Nov 2009 09:42:35 4,724 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blize: see the next time you casually throw 3000 away, could you see it in your heart to lend me 200 of that so i dont spend the week living off the 3 i have in my bank account?* im also pretty positive that i could gamble some of that money in a much better way, why didnt you put 3000 on a cska asian handicap last night? you could have probably doubled your money with that bet. silly man.

excellent advice there warlock.

*either that or dont incite hatred by telling us all you pissed 3000 away when most of us would love to have that kind of money in our hands. god knows you dont need to bring any more negative attention to yourself.
  • dufftownallan 4 Nov 2009 09:56:57 4,724 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    if you can afford to lose it then its all well and good. but what you did was akin to going into the lonely thread and saying "my gorgeous and wonderful girlfriend who gives amazing head and loves me to pieces wants to come round tonight but i dont think i can be arsed", just try to think of other people on these boards for once and stop being so selfish.
  • JuanKerr 4 Nov 2009 09:58:55 36,238 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Instead of pissing all this money up the wall on gambling, why not donate some to charity or something. You'll still be out of pocket, but at least the money will be doing something worthwhile.
  • Jeepers 4 Nov 2009 10:03:10 13,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or use it as a deposit (and first few months) on a rented flat?

Or use it as the extra 3k for eye surgery, so your corneas aren't being hacked at by a recently graduated vet?
  • ilmaestro 4 Nov 2009 10:16:17 32,407 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What job do you actually have, warlock? Because after working in or around bookies for the best part of my life, I'm yet to meet anyone who finds people like blize pissing their money away anything less than a) hilarious and b) profitable! :D

• Deleted user 4 November 2009 10:18:49
    I have a golden goose here for a couple of grand for you blize. It'll lay gold eggs. I'm practically giving it away.
  • Dougs 4 Nov 2009 10:31:27 67,025 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was it all on poker blize, or Blackjack, slots, roulette etc?

As I'm sure I've said before, I love to gamble but know my limits. I stick strictly to poker at low levels, tournaments only and the odd football bet. If I let myself get near nags and dogs in a big way I would be fucked
  • ilmaestro 4 Nov 2009 10:32:03 32,407 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    I know why you posted that ilmaestro, so I won't retaliate, but good on you :)
    Riiiiiiiiight.

• dufftownallan 4 Nov 2009 10:40:25 4,724 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Okay, I agreed with the first bit, but that second post is ridiculous. Sorry for talking about gambling in the gambling thread.
    you missed the point, talk about gambling by all means, but you didnt, you talked about pissing three grand up the wall, which is inflamatory to say the least.

its also generally not WHAT you say either, its the way in which you say it.
  • warlockuk 4 Nov 2009 11:00:42 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    What job do you actually have, warlock? Because after working in or around bookies for the best part of my life, I'm yet to meet anyone who finds people like blize pissing their money away anything less than a) hilarious and b) profitable! :D
    I'm a game dev. At the moment I'm workin' on some slots, but I've got some Roulette + Blackjack coming my way in a week or two. Won't mention exactly what/who for though.

I've seen some crazy betting + winning - but I thank 'em for payin' my rent :D
    That aside I do feel a small responsibility to make sure people know about gamcare - we have it plastered on everything - and that they know how not just to stop when it becomes too much, but how to manage their playing and not let it run away from 'em :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 11 First / Last