PES 2008 Xbox360 Patch is up!!!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • banger 27 Nov 2007 11:12:40 183 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The patch for the xbox 360 is now up! Unfortunately I'm at home and cant try it but if anyone out there gets a chance please post to tell us what it's like?
  • malteaserhead 27 Nov 2007 11:13:11 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheers!
  • alexc7496 27 Nov 2007 11:21:36 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    About time!

• neosalad 27 Nov 2007 11:40:05 953 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aye.... about time like...
  • malteaserhead 27 Nov 2007 11:40:53 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PARTY TIME?
    ;)
  • banger 27 Nov 2007 12:53:21 183 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyone tried it online yet?
  • valensi 27 Nov 2007 15:40:29 69 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    just had a game online, its a definate improvement but still has occasional roller skate moments and skipping lag
  • Youthist 27 Nov 2007 15:48:10 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    valensi wrote:
    just had a game online, its a definate improvement but still has occasional roller skate moments and skipping lag
    But a lot less than before?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• valensi 27 Nov 2007 15:55:55 69 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    valensi wrote:
    yeh definately. you can actually play a game now without constant interuptions every minute. the skips in play are still there but not often, maybe 5 times in the match i played and only once was it bad (ball on half way line ended up in keepers hands instantly).
  • Youthist 27 Nov 2007 15:57:15 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    valensi wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    valensi wrote:
    yeh definately. you can actually play a game now without constant interuptions every minute. the skips in play are still there but not often, maybe 5 times in the match i played and only once was it bad (ball on half way line ended up in keepers hands instantly).

5 per match! and once as bad as you describe above is still FAR too much and is still broken IMO.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Syrette 27 Nov 2007 16:09:22 43,296 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's better but far, far, far away from perfect. It's cost me goals already.

• Youthist 27 Nov 2007 16:12:57 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    It's better but far, far, far away from perfect. It's cost me goals already.

Man. Everyone go back to Pro Evo 5 on XBox plz....!

They must have "known" it was going to be worse during development? And they thought "fuck it lets release it and try to sort it out later...". Nice.

• valensi 27 Nov 2007 16:17:06 69 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeh i agree with you that its still broken, but its alot less broken than it was yesturday
  • Dougs 27 Nov 2007 16:17:36 67,190 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blimey, by the sounds of this, the PS3 is the preferred option for once! Not as bad as this anymore.

Either way, unacceptable. But then us Xbox owners said that about PES4 and 5, as well as PES6
  • Youthist 27 Nov 2007 16:32:25 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Blimey, by the sounds of this, the PS3 is the preferred option for once! Not as bad as this anymore.

Either way, unacceptable. But then us Xbox owners said that about PES4 and 5, as well as PES6

PES5 FTW!

• Dougs 27 Nov 2007 16:35:52 67,190 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Online for PES5 was OK actually, from what I remember. It was just the game I didn't like as much as PES4!
  • valensi 27 Nov 2007 17:18:53 69 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    have just played a second game vs a mate who lives locally, absolutely crap game, lag and jerkyness and skipping all over the place. waste of time, back to fifa for online play i guess
  • Physically_Insane 27 Nov 2007 17:24:51 8,758 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it's absoloutly pathetc that Konami would release PES with so many problems. Why didn't they fix the problems when they tested the game? They could of surely fixed the problems in time for christmas. Fucking cheating cunts!
  • Aretak 27 Nov 2007 17:35:43 10,350 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    I think it's absoloutly pathetc that Konami would release PES with so many problems. Why didn't they fix the problems when they tested the game? They could of surely fixed the problems in time for christmas. Fucking cheating cunts!
    Because the PES fanbase are mindless drones who'll buy it anyway.

"FIFA shit! PES good! Me hungry!"

Turned into the FIFA fanbase circa 1998. :)

/owns PES2008
  • Paukl 27 Nov 2007 21:47:29 136 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The patch just gave me my first taste of the three red rings.

Fuck.
  • Linkinruss 28 Nov 2007 09:53:43 66 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Update has caused my 360 to now crash on the friends screen. Bah.
  • chippy36 28 Nov 2007 23:48:43 23 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't buy this based on the demo being utter crap. Its an absolute discrace that, going on what I've read, this game was released. To say the game has been patched and then to read that one second the balls on the halfway line then a split second later in the goalies hand , is to say the least just not good enough. Lets face it, if this were anything else, you would demand the product to be replaced and in this case, my reccomendations would be to send it back to the land of the rising sun and tell 'em to stick it where it doesn't shine, sideways!

Don't let the little bastards get away with it.
  • alexc7496 29 Nov 2007 00:20:48 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can anyone help with this at all?

I have just played a couple of PES 2008 games tonigt and it was really stuttery. I wasn't playing online these were single player games. It just seems for example when you are running down the pitch with a player it stutters. It's not unplayable it's just enoying and plays on your mind when you know its happening.

I have checked the disc and it's fine. It played okay yesterday!

Anyone else suffered from this or got any suggestions?

• alexc7496 29 Nov 2007 09:47:32 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Can anyone help with this at all?

I have just played a couple of PES 2008 games tonigt and it was really stuttery. I wasn't playing online these were single player games. It just seems for example when you are running down the pitch with a player it stutters. It's not unplayable it's just enoying and plays on your mind when you know its happening.

I have checked the disc and it's fine. It played okay yesterday!

Anyone else suffered from this or got any suggestions?

Bump for the morning! Anyone?
  • tomb85 29 Nov 2007 09:55:27 204 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe i'm just being picky (ok i am just being picky) but the running animation has gone stuttery on mine too. It looks like there are frames missing and players appear to limp along. Quite comical actually. Replays do seem less stuttery to me though.

I know it's not a proper cure but my friend and i play all matches with the 360 set to SDTV settings now. Very blurry but smooth as hell.
  • alexc7496 29 Nov 2007 09:59:37 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    tomb85 wrote:
    Maybe i'm just being picky (ok i am just being picky) but the running animation has gone stuttery on mine too. It looks like there are frames missing and players appear to limp along. Quite comical actually. Replays do seem less stuttery to me though.

I know it's not a proper cure but my friend and i play all matches with the 360 set to SDTV settings now. Very blurry but smooth as hell.
    #

Maybe it's the patch?

I think I will try it on STDV settings and see if it makes a difference!
  • tomb85 29 Nov 2007 10:13:07 204 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think it could well be the patch yeah. At least the online isn't as bad now eh?

I think PES has become a victim of its own success here. As soon as Konami moved to yearly releases (something i don't remember back in the PSone days) they were always going to end up like FIFA.

Hopefully Seabass will stick to his guns over the next version and not release it until he's happy with it. Of course that's largely in our hands. By going out and buying this heavily flawed iteration we won't exactly have helped the situation.

• KingKongBassett 29 Nov 2007 10:23:07 226 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a tiny improvement, but still unplayable. Absolute fucking rubbish, Konami.

Bought every Pro Evo and ISS, never again.
  • alexc7496 29 Nov 2007 10:24:38 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    tomb85 wrote:
    Think it could well be the patch yeah. At least the online isn't as bad now eh?

I think PES has become a victim of its own success here. As soon as Konami moved to yearly releases (something i don't remember back in the PSone days) they were always going to end up like FIFA.

Hopefully Seabass will stick to his guns over the next version and not release it until he's happy with it. Of course that's largely in our hands. By going out and buying this heavily flawed iteration we won't exactly have helped the situation.

Youy are right. Even on the PS2 they were not annual releases like they are now. I remember a good 18 months between releases. The commercial success has hit Konami and while they are taking there fan base for granted it seems EA have gone the other way and are putting some real effort in to improve the fifa series.

I believe that Fifa 08 is better than this years PES. It hurts me to say that. I have always been a PES whore but they have hurt me this year!
  • THATinkjar 29 Nov 2007 10:49:47 33 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    alexc7496:

There were annual releases on the PlayStation 2, I'm afraid. The original was released on the 21st of November, 2001. PES 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 2008 were all released in the month of October every year after.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next