#2817985, By AnotherMartin Super Mario Galaxy *official* spoiler thread

• AnotherMartin 18 Nov 2007 13:38:45 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    I've seen that on a few levels, can't work out what it is yet though.

What? The little sack dude? I already hate him, don't think I can cope with him popping up again. :(

Tonka wrote:
    AnotherMartin wrote:

Can someone give me a hint? If it's something that I'm missing/haven't got to yet don't spoil it but If I'm wasting my time tell me and I'll move on.

Thanks.

I'm only guessing here but I think each galaxy has three comet stars (or is it four) plus a bonus star.

I wonder if there is any logic to the comets. They seem to appear and disappear at random.

One as a new version of each star on that galaxy? Could be but I get the impression there's only one for each galaxy as that would make for a lack of levels from looking at the map if there's 120 stars again.

I think for each of the normal galaxies you get the normal 3 or 4 stars that you see from the off, one comet star, one *spoiler* star (from something that happens later) and then one hidden star. You don't seem to the 100 gold coins stars any more.

But then from the answers to Owen-B's questions maybe there's still something to come that I haven't got to?

As it is at the mo I only have crowns on the boss levels and the ? block levels. Still less that 40 stars in at the moment, so a bit to go.

My nephew was round last night and I had to stop him playing it. It's funny how different our playing styles are. Mine is to take my time, run around see which characters I can talk to etc and then get as many stars in each galaxy as i can before moving on. His is to just blitz through levels as quick as he can and as soon as a new galaxy can be unlocked he goes to it. I had to ask him to stop playing as even though he had less stars he was about to start unlocking levels I hadn't seen yet :(