#8169826, By JammyB The cycling thread

• JammyB 13 Nov 2011 19:24:43 756 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've just been researching tyre measurements. I currently have 700x30 Vittoria Rubinos and the cyclocross ones I'm looking at are the Schwalbe CX Pros which are also 700x30. (I don't know either whether these really count as cyclocross - they're labelled as such and seem to have a good tread though.) From what I'm reading then, these should be no wider/taller. I'm not sure if that's including the protrusion of the tread - I guess I'll have to just risk it!

I looked at studded but I'd rather not as my route will likely to be on and off snow (very little ice last year) and I don't want to be riding studded tyres on tarmac, nor having to change them over regularly as the weather turns. I thought with cyclocross ones I can just fit them when the weather gets nasty and swap back in the spring. Good tip about the inners, cheers.

Just looking at helmets as well now. The Met Infernos look pretty good for around 60. My Dad has a 25 Giro Venti which seems decent too and has just as large vent holes. Is there much gained by spending more?

Edited by JammyB at 19:25:12 13-11-2011