#9964683, By TechnoHippy Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• TechnoHippy 8 Nov 2013 17:05:35 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ronin

It's been a while since I last watched this and it was just as good as I remembered it. This is a top notch action thriller. A team of freelancers with different talents is put together and tasked with retrieving a case. As can be expected from a thriller things go pear shaped quite quickly.

The film does everything right, De Niro and Jean Reno work well together and pretty much steal the show, but everyone else does a good job in support. The weak link is Sean Bean, but he does provide some light relief.

The story unfolds at a good pace with some interesting twists and turns along the way. The action may be occasional and brief, but as with the rest of the film is well done. It also features one of the classic car chases in film through the streets of Paris.

It's also nice to see something like this not on the streets of a US city, it changes the dynamics quite a bit. The streets are narrow making for tighter action, the blend of nationalities also plays into the story.

This ranks as one of my favourite action thrillers and stills stands out in its genre.

9/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog