#9461052, By wogsy81 Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• wogsy81 23 Mar 2013 02:08:32 598 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    TombStone. 9/10.
    /snip
    Costner's Wyatt Earp is a better film personally. I actually prefer Dennis Quaid's Doc Holliday too.

Unforgiven is amazing. As for my three favourite westerns?

Once Upon a time in the West - English
    Seven Samurai - Japanese
    Sholay - Hindi

Other great westerns and/or worth watching:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Dances with Wolves
    The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
    Hombre
    Gunfight at the OK Corral - same story as Tombstone/Wyatt Earp (Earp, Holliday and Johnny Ringo are kinda holy folklore for westerns) and its headlined by Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. You can't get more manly than that. :)
    The Proposition - brutal, brutal film.
    No Country for Old Men
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
    True Grit
    The Professionals
    The Wild Bunch - even by westerns standards, the violence is insane and brutal.
    Open Range

Thanks for the tips mate.
    I watched Unforgiven the other day. Man what a belting film. And i mean belting. I didn't want it to end.

Clint Eastwood is a right badass. I loved the chemistry between him and Morgan Freeman. And the ending where clint nails them guys in a bar and confesses to how evil he really was. And the part where he says "Im gonna walk outta here and anyone who tries to shoot me is gonna die" or something to that effect. and then he just rides slowly out of town. Man that was epic.

I was constantly wondering during the film "was Eastwood as evil as what people say he was? Did he kill women and children? And his speech at the end was biblical.
    What an amazing western. Im slightly ashamed i haven't watched it until now actually.

I have The Wild Bunch here which i am just about to watch and will definitely watch them 3 films you named as your favourites over the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reccomendations. And I really must watch True Grit too. That does look brilliant.

I may be becoming a western fan :) Its great when being 32 years old you suddenly discover a new genre of film you like. Ive seen about 6 westerns this week. Every one of them highly enjoyable.
    So many films to watch, so little time.