#9378895, By phAge Rate the last film you watched out of 100

• phAge 19 Feb 2013 10:52:34 24,442 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    evild_edd wrote:
    There's one irrefutable reason why T2 is better: it has a better villain. There you go, I said it. T1000 is arguably the greatest nemesis in the history of cinema
    I donít know if you were one of those delicate little flowers who saw T1 after T2, but you are a kevin keegan ratified 110% wrong.

The Terminator was just another level of bad guy. From Reeses speech where he basically freaks out that Ďit cannot be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with..í to the terminator cutting away damaged parts of himself, it is just a force of nature. Its so much more intimidating and has so much more impact than the T1000.

Thatís not to say the T1000 isnt a great bad guy, its just that the original terminator is just *scary* hardcore.
    "That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

T-800 from T1 is a much better villain than the T-1000.
    Have to disagree. The T800 is hard to kill - but it is far from impossible. If the T1000 hadn't followed his prey into the smelting plant, the Connors and Arnie would've been shit out of luck.

That said, comparing the two movies doesn't make much sense, IMO. T1 is a dark as fuck sci-fi thriller with action bits, whereas T2 is a balls-to-the-wall action movie that happens to be great even in the quiet moments*.

And everyone pretending that John Connor being an emo whiner ruins the greatness that is T2 should be submerged in molten steel.

* And yes, I still get choked up when Arnie does his final thumbs-up.